MESAexplorer

MESAexplorer's Profile Comments

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Feb 15th, 2013 3:46am

Also - I wonder if my buddy Sasquatch has your old Quick Rod?

http://splawnfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=v iewprofile&user=sasquatch

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 6:07am

Cool. Good luck with new job too. I got a Vypyr 60 - which is fun to mess with. IIRC you are in honorary GG&A Who To Listen To list and there are several guys in there right now who are VERY big on hand guns. You should stop in and keep us posted on things. See ya, 311

and that link I gave you was borked - try this one:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1549831

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 5:20am

MESAexplorer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:05pm :
I'm back! At least for the night anyway. Hows it going?

hey Brother! I just happened to check email before hitting the sack! Where ya been? What you sportin' these days? I've still got the Splawn. Got a Z28 headshell for it and then a matching cab. Gregs1020 came over and we documented the whole thing here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1549831

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 5:07pm

Hey man.....you should come back and post some. Saw ya lurkin'

richard_edwards wrote on May 29th, 2009 11:06am

hi there, ive just read your brilliantly critical review on the rg2228 and i was forever reading about your gripe with the pickups.
if youre looking for a change, theres this uk based pickups builder called swineshead. theyre all handmade, good prices, good quality and most of all, they sound immense! i own a six string set (condor in the neck and the runaway in the bridge) and theyre the best pickups i own.

luckily for you they do an 8 string set that retrofit the 808s, with completly customisable covers, but thats just aesthetics. not sure whether theyre active or not, but you could always drop them an email.

http://www.swinesheadpickups.co. uk/8string.shtml

hope that helps.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on May 20th, 2009 6:07pm

MESAexplorer wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 12:01pm :

I prefer 13th step, The Outsider, The Noose, and Pet just make that album complete.

Puscifer is like hip hop for whitey's, it gets my subs bouncin.

lmao

you are awesome my friend.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on May 20th, 2009 5:53pm

MESAexplorer wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:38am :

10000 days grew on me a lot after I seen them live and they opened with Jambi... Adams tone was huge, and wings for marie/10000 days was epic with the lazers and stuff...

I love me some APC as well, Puscifer too, but not as much.

Ahh that's pretty kewl. I'd like to catch them live. Yeah I fell in love with apc when mer de noms came out. I hear ya on Puscifer :)

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on May 20th, 2009 5:35pm

MESAexplorer wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:13am :

A bit over 5 years...

I see you're a Tool fan, thats fuckin awesome

Hellz yeah!
I wasn't totally impressed with their last album, but lateralus was good and of course aenima kicked-ass.
Do you like a perfect circle?

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on May 20th, 2009 4:22pm

MESAexplorer wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 10:18am :

Thanks for the friend request!

How long have you been playin?

Hey! No problem :)

I've been playing for 6 years. Yourself?

Colton165 wrote on Apr 29th, 2009 11:03pm

MESAexplorer wrote on Apr 29th, 2009 at 4:36pm :

Not to mention I've been playing almost 6 years. If you play that long it's not too hard to own $5000 worth of gear.

Buying used saves a fucking shitload too.

I paid $1600 for the Road king head. A new one will run you $1000 more than that + tax.

oh 6 years. ok. ive only ben playing a little over 2. but im getting pretty good lol.

and yeah ive bought used. my rg7620 is coming lol got it for 220

Colton165 wrote on Apr 29th, 2009 9:14pm

how in the hell do you get money for all your gear if youre only 18? please answer me.

destöroyah wrote on Apr 15th, 2009 10:06am

yeah. i admit line6 stuff can sound rubbish but there there is way to much line6 hate on UG... i think some of their stuff is actually quite nifty.

destöroyah wrote on Apr 15th, 2009 12:46am

oh and i knocked some digital echo and reverb on it as well

destöroyah wrote on Apr 14th, 2009 9:04pm

haha thanks for the kind words!
no joke, all i did was drop tune to d, stand my guitar in front of the amp, hit it a D power chord and just recorded what happened whilst messing with the volume dial!
and i use only the most basics- guitar+amp+apple mac

destöroyah wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 10:44pm

hey thanks! i appreciate that!

thanks for the good words.

the track you have on here is great. i also listened to your review thing, really well thought out reiew.

Denthrare wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 6:47pm

Hell yea dude, Equilibrium is the stuff. Christian Bale? Gun-focused martial arts sequences? An absolutely epic sci-fi storyline/social criticism?

Gotta love it.

Denthrare wrote on Mar 23rd, 2009 6:00am

Well dude, the Vetta's pretty sweet; I was looking at the SpiderValve for a while, I love Line6 modeling; problem is, I stick mainly to blues and classic rock tones so I felt like a full-blown modeller wouldn't work for me.

Bad Cats look sweet though, I have to admit, I'd never heard of them before you mentioned them.

MrFlibble wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 8:09am

MESAexplorer wrote on Mar 14th, 2009 at 7:33pm :

What swinesheads do you have installed in the les paul?
A Condor in the neck and a Warthog in the bridge.
I also happen to have a Swineshead Dragonfly in the neck of my Telecaster. All three have been fantastic pickups, I'm using Swineshead pickups in all my future guitars now.

Denthrare wrote on Mar 10th, 2009 11:43pm

MESAexplorer wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 2:04pm :

Do you have any soundclips? I noticed in your sig you had a really solid blues setup. Definately jealous man!

Haha I wish I did, but at the moment most of my GAS money is going towards building up my pedalboard; but trust me, you're quite right, I get some painfully good bluesy tones out of my current rig. Very John Mayer-y, which is exactly what I was going for.

Don't say you're jealous though; from the looks of your rig, you've got some sick rock and metal tone.

Invokke_Havokk wrote on Mar 9th, 2009 7:26am

I failed again and snapped my high e string for the 4th time (total of me changing string. Every single time I've ever tuned my own high e string I manage to snap it)

So I'm just going to wait a month, buy new strings, and pay someone who knows what the hell they are doing to do this. I spent 5 hours figuring it all out, got 5 strings done, then majorly screwed it up, snapped the high e string, everything went out of tune, etc.

I was fixing the fact I couldn't play higher then fret 9 on any string (forget the name of it...) and I managed to snap the high e string because I didn't loosen it enough for when I pulled it back... (and it was REALLY loose when I started)

Why do I have to fail so badly at tuning and switching out strings :( its depressing.... I'm actually crying from frustration right now...

*picks up my good ol' Fender without the damned FR and starts to jam*

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next »