Low_End_Rocker

Low_End_Rocker's Profile Comments

KlassikMetal666 wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 8:03pm

duddddddddddde, you still alive? since you last logged on in April. I hope so. I miss you, you Australian bastard!

goest wrote on Mar 18th, 2011 7:44am

[QUOTE=Low_End_Rocker]Doubt he remembers me, but we've interactions in the past and he always struck me as a decent person.[/QUOTE]

You kiddin' me, brah?

I fuggin' love you, man. :hug:

ethan_hanus wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 5:47am

Thanks for the comment on my blog, but I don't know about it being socialistic, I was raised to be this way. If anything, it's a Texas thing. Giving back to the community on your own time, experience and dime, despite what kind of community, is not always considered socialistic, I tend to use the word "kind" to describe it.

I guess conservatism has socialistic views when it comes to interaction with people.

dann_blood wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 7:00am

I can't really think of any subject of economics you'd have to ignore. It's all interlinking, and the more you know about one topic the more you understand about the others. The capitalist economy functions as a whole, so I think it's reasonable that you understand every aspect of how it functions.

And i'll bypass Socrates. God is good though :P

blue_strat wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 11:07pm

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 5:38am :
Quick question, where do you find all these interesting articles/videos?
reddit?

Psychedelico wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 4:48am

Thanks a bunch. :)

KlassikMetal666 wrote on Dec 10th, 2010 1:16am

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Dec 6th, 2010 at 8:38am :
BRO BRO BRO.

What's news? I'm going to start an email correspondence with you I think. Fuck msn, and we always miss each other on this
I was really drunk when I sent that lol

Zombee wrote on Dec 6th, 2010 2:10pm

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 5:57am :
Argument means nothing when it directly contrasts with factual evidence. Evidence of some description is required for the argument to have credibility

Yeah, except nobody provides information in their arguments. So when I'm the only one providing credible information don't bitch at me when people disregard it and I get annoyed.

KlassikMetal666 wrote on Dec 6th, 2010 11:39am

DUDE DUDE DUDE

Zombee wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 6:53pm

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 3:41am :
I'm not disputing that, I'm simply observing that in an argument, there needs to be evidence supplied by the one making the claims, which you were. I don't think you were the only one providing factual information by the way, but that doesn't matter.

Your opinion was changed because they had factual information to back up their argument from the start. That's my point, coming across hostile because you need to provide evidence is a terrible way to go about debating anything.

Arguments consist of TWO opposing viewpoints. Not one.

I linked to studies that specifically debunked theirs, yet they listed the outdated links anyway just for the sake of being right. Like saying cigarettes don't cause cancer because you found a study from 1940 saying they're healthy.

I'm open to changing my mind, that is why it changes. Its not the ability to provide facts, but the ability to provide an argument.

ned216 wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 5:42am

My apologies if I offended you in any way. Seriously. I don't want to be trolling like a fag, so sorry. Peace?

dann_blood wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 8:18am

The financial crisis was caused by a sharp increase in demand with sticky supply. With the sub-prime mortgages, a whole load of people who previously were unable to afford houses could then afford them. The increase in demand pushed prices up and sparked a housing bubble, but the sub-prime mortgagees couldn't repay it. Actually, i've got a general outline of the financial crisis here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php? p=23958251&postcount=25213

Hope that helps :)

dann_blood wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 8:17am

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:29am :
Hey Matt, would you be able to give me a brief overview of how market bubbles work, and in particular the marketing bubble collapse that caused the global financial crisis?

Whoops, sorry for the late reply, completely missed this on my wall.

Basically, market bubbles are created by trade in items with inflated values. Simplified, it means people selling houses for $100 but they're only worth $90. Alot of them are pretty hard to find because you can't observe an intrinsic value, and ultimately the intrinsic value of alot of things is subjective to a whole load of factors. They can be caused by a whole lot of things (check the wikipedia page for a list of causes, it's far more comprehensive than I can do in a small post), but they can basically be broken into a few seperate categories - sharp changes in supply or demand, psychological fallacies and other economic factors like how people direct their cash flows just to name a few.

Zombee wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 3:10pm

It is the individual's responsibility to form educated opinions, not mine. Maybe I come off like a dick in arguments where I'm the only one providing any factual basis for my opinions.

I've changed my beliefs a couple times on this board to people who could prove their point more effectively than I.

leeb rocks wrote on Sep 21st, 2010 3:48pm

Well ... um ... thanks I guess. :p: Nice to be appreciated.

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 11:35am

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 at 10:03am :
Seriously? Damn. How about a retroactive one? Got any old screencaps of weirdos pledging their undying love to you?

You need to troll the pit indiscriminately and rustle up some interest from losers. Creepers one and two are great, I'd hate to see it stop there.

I know, I do kind of miss the creeps :p

Anything I've got I put in the blogs, sadly a few months before I started creepers 1 I cleared out my inbox (WHYYY???) so there isn't much left that I didn't use...

Maybe I should pass the torch to another UG lady. Do you know anyone who seems to be plagued by 14 year old spotty boys? haha

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 10:14am

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 11:23am :
How long til the next addition of Creepers Susie?

It will be a long wait, I seem to have scared them all off haha

zeppdc wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 9:35am

Hello fello Melbournian

dann_blood wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 12:57pm

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 at 4:02pm :
Ah, I know what you mean. When do you get your results?

Yeah, it's going good man. Had a Psychology exam a couple of weeks ago, and the General Achievement Test. Think I went alright on them, have to wait and see though haha.

Nice work. I've got a massive list starting to pile up too, so these holidays I'm gunna try and get through as many as possible

Results come back the 9th July. Not too worried about them though.

What courses/subjects are you taking at TAFE? I'm entirely out of the loop with TAFE.

dann_blood wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 12:42pm

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:26am :
Haha, cheers for that mate. Also, good work on the speedy reply. How'd your uni exams go?

Good list of reading material for the holidays by the way. Saw it in the literature thread.

Eh, they went alright. I got really well prepared for one exam before burning out and going into the rest prepared ok, but not great. You're doing the HSC at tafe, right? How's that been going?

And that reading list are just the books i've got, my list is about 5 times as long :p

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next