Losenger

Losenger's Profile Comments

Invader Jim wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 10:38pm

It's really not that bad except for the damn ringing. Ah, well. Idc.

Invader Jim wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 8:31pm

Yeah, my soundcard is shit (it's the stock Realtek AC97 they've been using since 1997). The A/D conversion sounds ok, but there's this annoying high-pitched note in the background. I could prolly fix it with an RF cage or something. Idk. Too lazy. :rolleyes:

Invader Jim wrote on Nov 3rd, 2008 9:19pm

Oh, yeah, the shitty sounding ones are with my mp3 player's mic.

Invader Jim wrote on Nov 3rd, 2008 8:32pm

Just my Digitech RP-7 Valve into my computer. I use Nero Wave Editor, if that makes any differenc, but all the FX are from the RP-7. No computer tweaking so it's all real-time.

The catch: I jerry-rigged a cable that'll convert the left and right 1/4" mono jacks to one 1/8" stereo plug for my soundcard. :D

bob vila wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 8:01pm

HEY MAN. PLC's and industrial controls for me too! automating equipment and playing guitar. you sir, are my first add.

Invader Jim wrote on Aug 25th, 2008 5:23am

I guess the mods deleted the post before you saw it. It was some dude named "eastide spamma". He was spamming every thread in the GB&C with lolwut pears and "pimp my ride/crib" pics.

Invader Jim wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 11:08pm

You prolly already knew, but I meant that cock sucker spammer guy fucking up my beloved GB&C.

Invader Jim wrote on Feb 5th, 2008 1:40am

Hey, you commented on my car speaker cab and asked how it sounds. Trust me, man, it ain't trebly! :p: The tweeters are great; they really balance out the subs. This thing sounds way better than my amp speaker; there's much more bass response and added definition and high-end clarity (thanks to the tweeters). My brother has a couple real nice stereo speakers with ferro fluid-cooled tweeters and 8" subs... I'm going to try and 'persuade' him to give 'em to me when his stereo breaks.

Also, I have a question: Is it a good idea to trade an Epoch LP ripoff for a 15" subwoofer?

the_random_hero wrote on Jan 20th, 2008 10:05am

Hmm, strange. What browser are you using? I've used IE and Firefox and it works fine on both of them.

the_random_hero wrote on Jan 19th, 2008 8:19am

My myspace is fucked? How so? It seems to work fine for me...
Hmm, lately I've just been working to get some funds to move out - was going to try my hand at building a 10w tube amp, but I don't think that's going to happen with the lack of money at the moment.
I'm lucky to have travelled a bit around the world and experienced different cultures and whatever. In general, Australians seem to be pretty similar to Canadians, minus the sense of humour :p

Losengera wrote on Jan 17th, 2008 10:23am

How's your life in Australia? Having never left my country, I'm rather sheltered. Even people from the same town think they're different, but all people are very much alike. I strive to find out shit by vicariously experiencing the world via "THE INTERNETS." (watch the Colbert Show)

I don't JUST do PLCs, though working with them is a large part, but not predominantly. They bore you, yeah? Can be, sometimes. I find satisfaction in forcing an inanimate conglomeration of parts to actually do something. However, nothing much ever excites me. I always seek new things and bigger challenges, but without excitation, you could say I'm perpetually bored.

I play with electronics every day, and would probably say that's one of the driving factors of my existence; including music, and, you know... other stuff.

So what do you like to do if it's not to program PLCs? Your Myspace page is fucked, BTW ;D

the_random_hero wrote on Jan 14th, 2008 11:17pm

Awwww, Australian people have a habit of being able to talk shit about anything and yet still be the most down to earth people on the planet. I should know :p
How are you enjoying the whole PLC field? If I chose to go back and finish my course, that's what I would be doing for most of this year. I've finished advanced PLC and basic SCADA and found it to be one of the most boring things I've ever done.