Linqua5150

Linqua5150's Profile Comments

kylendm wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 11:24pm

Lol I cant remember why I did.

kylendm wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 8:06pm

Linqua5150 wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:11am :

Nah the TS9 isn't always on. I only like it for rhythm honestly which is the opposite for it's real use. The EQ on my amp is going to sound quite different from most other amps. I use Gain at noon sometimes 10 o clock for heavier stuff (Less is more). Treble is about 2 o clock, mids, noon, bass 3 o clock, level noon, master 8-9 o clock, presence and thrust (depth) 1 o clock.

I used to use an AKG 220 for micing right at speaker since that mic has a -20db switch on it. It worked well but the sm57 works way better. You really just need to find good placement and eq.

The Warpig is a great pickup, thick, high output, nice amount of mids. Mine is gold and f spaced. If your interested I'll sell you it as well. ;)

kylendm wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 5:58am

Nothing really to it though dude. It's just finding a good mic placement on your cab and good eqing. When using an SM57 I tend to back the mic 2" away from the grill cloth and about 4" to the left of the speaker cone. You may or may not find they are good results but they are a good start in my opinion.

kylendm wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 5:58am

Sure thing man.

Alright well my room blows as far as acoustics go. All cement walls. Fail. :haha: but my ceiling has a ton of nice insulation and I was able to put a nice carpet on the cement floors so that helps tame the highs I get from my walls a little.

Anyhow, all the clips you hear in my profile at least are just the following:

JEM7VWH (BKP Warpig in bridge) -> TS9 -> ISP -> Tonebones A/B/Y switch (So I can switch to Snott Watt) -> Baron Custom Amps K88 -> Mesa Traditional 4x12 -> (picked up by) SM57 -> Lexicon Lambda (Interface) -> DAW (aka Sonar 8.5)

That's it dude. For my drums I use BFD2 (cost a lot but was worth it) and for bass I either plug straight into the interface for Dave (Baron Custom Amps Builder) Said I could plug my bass into the Snott Watt and use it as a bass amp only if I use Line out (Need to try that out. ;))

kylendm wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 6:58am

Linqua5150 wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:53pm :
damn those clips sound nice. i have to get one of those amps at some point. neeeed kt88 lol. do you have a band or any sort of solo material or anything?

Thanks man! Dude I wish I had a band or something. I've been in so many around here and they all just die due to all the members being into hardcore drugs ect lol.

MatrixClaw wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 9:26pm

Linqua5150 wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 at 9:19pm :
how the hell did you get that tone from your jca?

Gain - 7, Bass - 4, Mids - 4, Treble - 6, Volume - 4, Presence - 6

Jhachey22 wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 4:08am

Linqua5150 wrote on Aug 14th, 2010 at 10:05pm :
i dont think it was, i could be wrong tho. i remember him talking about it when he took over metalsucks, which ive recently bookmarked that section on there so i might just have to find it. i think the way he said it dev followed them on pretty much their whole tour, and they talked about it with him years later and were like "oh yea you were the weird kid at all our shows!" lol

I read it in the guitar world. wehen he did the enquirer portion. It was a while ago.

Jhachey22 wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 8:09am

The Monkees. The band Devin Townsend saw on TV was the Monkees.

Kpthedude wrote on Apr 25th, 2010 5:22pm

Linqua5150 wrote on Apr 24th, 2010 at 10:26pm :
gogol bordello rules

You speak the truth man. small venue so the atmospheres gonna be electric!!!

Kpthedude wrote on Mar 31st, 2010 5:40pm

:O oh you rebel! Don't blame you, when you gotta play you gotta play amirite? ;) Ahh okay, always meant to go out there, perhaps I will someday :) Yeah england is good if you don't mind the rain. I love the countryside surrounding me so im pretty happy :) Yeah sounds like you could have a touch of synesthaesia going on there. Its pretty cool, but I guess I've never known anything different so I don't see it as a particularly big deal. I'm not sure what mine is triggered by, possibly emotions or sound. Sounds like youve had some good experiences because of it though! My mates always get me to describe what I can see xD

Kpthedude wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 4:15pm

Linqua5150 wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 8:01am :
tis well deserved and thank you for the compliment as well hah. its nice to see someone so friendly on here, seems to be a rare thing nowadays. whats going on?

What can I say, it is rather splendid hair xD Yeah, im glad to have found a fellow friendly person :D Well i be tired after a hard days 'work' which involved doing absolutely nothing except sitting on my ass. Wooop! Whats going on with you? where abouts you from?

Kpthedude wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 7:53am

Hey :) Thanks for the compliments on my guitaring, tis much appreciated :) and thanks for the add. You have awesome hair xD Im katherine :) tis nice to meet you :)

Linkerman wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 9:48am

Thanks for accepting the request!

I'm glad you won the Jet City Amp contest... Do you know when they will deliver it to you? I'd like to see a New Amp Day thread about it!

Cheers!

HouseBoy83 wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 7:47pm

Hey man, thanks for the request.
hows it going dude?

woMANintheBOX19 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2008 5:46am

I'm gonna be a sophomore..the first year in college was wild

woMANintheBOX19 wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 6:57pm