LaidBack

LaidBack's Profile Comments

Winter Skyes wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 3:10pm

If you ever need help with amplifier or some sort of technical need this guy knows what he is talking about; He saved a 6505 from being sold and outsmarted my technician; Take my word for it.

SRVBLUES01 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 3:29pm

I like your recordings man,and I like the way you know that you don't have to play 21 notes per second to be a great guitarist,it shows in your playing and ideas.Have a good day dude.

boeman1995 wrote on Dec 26th, 2010 10:27pm

DUDE. I was born on September 1 too ;D 1995, so the years are quite different xD But that's awesome :D

forsaknazrael wrote on Jul 11th, 2010 2:48am

Hey, a UGer came up with a way to do the exact Q control that a 535Q has.
I can't believe I never thought of it! Haha. So obvious, really.

A lot of wahs have a 0 ohm resistor on the PCB. Replacing this with a 1K pot is the "proper" Q control. Try it before adjusting the vocal resistor or mid resistor.

ragingkitty wrote on May 10th, 2010 4:29pm

LaidBack wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 1:51pm :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2BfAUunw8 here is a GW demo of them. There are a few more videos too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS5UtNeXaYM There is another.

But yea, I think I might just pull the trigger on the D Activator in a few weeks once I can scratch some cash together...

For music styles I play everything from clean passages like Minus the Bear and other post rock to Modest Mouse and to Opeth and Tool levels of gain.

Well I think both the D Activator and the D Sonic would suit your tonal needs and styles, it'll probably be more of a concern about how your want it to sound.

Personally, both are great pickups, and you can't really go wrong with either.

ragingkitty wrote on May 9th, 2010 3:49am

LaidBack wrote on May 9th, 2010 at 12:44am :
It's cool...I've been spamming you like woah :haha

Basically just an upgrade from the stock pup. More clarity, don't need a ton of output, just enough to give it some "umph". Clarity most importantly.

What about music styles.

The Crunch Lab will definitely have the clarity and definition. So will the D Activator and the D Sonic, but they are all high gain pickups. The only thing is that I've not heard the Crunch Lab yet... so I can't comment on its voicing, but it will definitely have clarity.

ragingkitty wrote on May 6th, 2010 12:27pm

LaidBack wrote on May 4th, 2010 at 6:51am :
So...the DiMarzio D Activator. What say you?

Also, new WTLT, come check it out! People have been wondering where you were!

Dude... can you reminded me what you were looking for in a pickup? I kinda forgot and am feeling rather lost right now :haha:

ragingkitty wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 12:13pm

LaidBack wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:14pm :
Hey man, now that it is actually out, have you got an opinion on the DiMarzio Crunch Lab?

Hey man, I ain't got an opinion cuz it still ain't available in Singapore... and it won't be for at least another 3 months :(

ragingkitty wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 7:00am

LaidBack wrote on Mar 28th, 2010 at 11:13am :
Unfortunate. If you do have the time, do pop in and say hey though! I remember you were some sort of marketing analyst or something. What did you move onto now if you don't mind me asking?

Haha... I rarely have the time these days. When I do check in its really to see if anyone sent me any PMs or comments. Some people still do send some pup requests every now and again.

FYI, I just got a PolyTune... its well cool. I just don't feel like making an NGD because it's so institutional now.

I'm still in marketing research, just with a different company that does a wider range of research. Still in Singapore.

ragingkitty wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 6:49pm

GG&A's favourite feline has a new job, and quite a busy one at that, so I can't really commit much time to GG&A... I do lurk a bit every now and again... but can't really get into the whole community thing again.

LaidBack wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm :
We haven't seen our favorite feline in the WTLT...what's up?

ragingkitty wrote on Feb 5th, 2010 3:25am

LaidBack wrote on Feb 2nd, 2010 at 12:05am :
Just noticed your comment. I wasn't on much during late December and early January. Spent my time away from the computer since I was on winter break. How you been? Also, what's your opinion on the Seymour Duncan SH-5 "Duncan Custom"?

I think its a great pickup. I don't particularly like the SH6... but the SH5 seems a better pickup IMO. The SH6 sounds too harsh and dry, but the SH5 seems a better all round. Just my view though. I'd pick up a SH5 over an SH6, as the SH5 can achieve a similar level of output, but not sound as harsh as the SH6.

ragingkitty wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 4:14am

What's up dude....

Haven't seen you much since I don't visit the LONGEST THREAD on GG&A much anymore.

Mark G wrote on Oct 28th, 2009 2:40am

Cool. Off to bed now but I'll answer your questions when I wake up. I really don't care/mind what you end up using, whatever works best for you.

Simsimius wrote on Sep 1st, 2009 4:24pm

Happy "Birfday", person I don't know!

MatrixClaw wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 7:23pm

LaidBack wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 at 12:19pm :

what's this I hear about NOT having the Diezel anymore.....

PM'd ya ;)

MatrixClaw wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 12:19am

LaidBack wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 5:03pm :

So what is this I see about you getting an Einstein?

Not getting it till tomorrow (or possibly next week), but it shall be awesome :D

PearlFoo wrote on May 7th, 2008 7:12pm

LaidBack wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 2:11pm :

Well man, I guess I will just have to check the stores around me for a FB.

Anyway, the Foo put on an AMAZING, full out, hard rockin', high energy show. I always left with a sore throat and a ringing in my ears. If they do play near you, please, for your sake, get tickets! lol

Where did you see them ? standing or sitting ? how many people where there :D

Yeah I'm curious , damn I wanna see them live :(

PearlFoo wrote on May 3rd, 2008 10:14am

Hi LB ,

I don't know , do you have a link ?
I bought mine from a dutch internet store , so I was kinda bumped that I only could get it from them.

But it was a wild guess and I got 30 days to send it back if I didn't like it , but everything was oke and now its my main guitar :).

Damn I never saw the Foos live ... I suspected they would come to Rock Werchter here in July but no...
hopefully they are sheduled for Pukkelpop in August . And modest mouse also ofcourse.

Cheers , Dimi

PearlFoo wrote on May 2nd, 2008 6:10pm

Hi LB , how are you ?
The Firebird just plays awesome. I couldnt affort a gibson , and the Epi studios dont play good in my opinion + they are ...well ugly.
Then I came on this one , it was pretty cheap and I buyed it almost immediatley.
You would be shocked how good this guitar is for the price...

If you have specific questions or need to know something, just put a message on my profile or something. I will answer it asap then :)

Cheers Dimitri