Kurapica

Kurapica's Profile Comments

Robbo1422 wrote on Mar 20th, 2010 2:59pm

Kurapica wrote on Feb 21st, 2010 at 12:38pm :
No worries for the late reply mate. I think my drummer mentioned going to Neon, but I'm not sure where it is more than it being in Birmingham. We've got a couple of songs down now and just want to road test them at full volume before we start looking for gigs. Should be a good laugh.

What sort of music is your new phone doing (assuming that phone has been answered yet!).

Nick xx

I think we're heading in the pop punk sorta direction but we'll probably put our own spin on it. He has answered his phone now, an our first studio practice is next week I think. Look into MAS records, my mates bands go some sort of deal going on with them that helps out payin for practices, recording etc. I don't quite know how it works, but if my band goes well he says he'll try and get us involved with it, so it's all good :)
and again, sorry for the late reply...
Dave x

JoePerry4life wrote on Mar 19th, 2010 4:17pm

Kurapica wrote on Mar 19th, 2010 at 11:43am :
Alright there mate,

I just noticed in your sig that you're using a couple of Artec pedals and I was curious about them. I'm always up for a cheap and decent pedal, so how are they?

Thanks in advance,

Quite nice actually.

I bought the wah first. I needed one on the budget so I picked it up for 70 after shipping. Better than the crybaby gcb-95 but not quite like the higher end ones. However it sounds great.

I then bought the 70's drive blender and the blues overdrive. I loved em both, but I didn't need the blues overdrive as I used my Cool Cat Drive for blues tones, so I traded it, however it was a nice tube screamer style drive.

The drive blender is great. It does what it says, mimics tones from the 70's. You can get anything from acdc to iron maiden and aeromith to metallica with some careful eqing.

I recommend them.
Nick.

ibrahimasood wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 5:00pm

hey you said you play banjo, im curious where do you get the strings from?

Robbo1422 wrote on Feb 14th, 2010 12:50pm

Kurapica wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 2:21am :
I'm actually working in Bloxwich these days, what a fuckin' joy that is.

So do you jam with anybody over that way? Any good practise studios?

Nick xx

soz for the EXTREMELY late reply... my bad

theres a few good places, theres JJM in walsall, but my mate used this place in birmingham near reverb, the music shop. they said it was good but its a fair walk to get there.
just got myself a new band... we're gonna practise as soon as the bassist answers his bloody phone so we can make a date for it lol

Robbo1422 wrote on Oct 28th, 2009 6:59pm

Kurapica wrote on Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:31pm :
Hey there mate,

Just saw that you're from Bloxwich and thought I'd say hi. I'm from Cannock myself ^^

What sort of music are you into?

Nick

anythin with guitars to be honest with ya mate, I listen to all sorts of stuff dependin on what kinda mood I'm in lol

the1 wrote on Sep 10th, 2009 11:07pm

Hey!

You ever find a decent luthier in Brum? I'm looking to get my SG's neck and bride=ge repaired...

MrToucan wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 11:22pm

Kurapica wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 1:31pm :
Hey man, I saw in your sig you're looking for someone to jam in Brum. What sort of music do you play and where do you want to jam?

Let me know, mate

Nick.

I play a lot of Jazz, blues, classic rock, but i'll do anything really.
Where abouts in Brum are you, cause I'd Jam anywhere within bus range ;)

Jack

juckfush wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 12:07pm

Hey champ!
Instead of hijacking the thread any further, I just thought I'd thank you personally here. A big thanks for the input and recommendations!

:cheers:

Kurapicaa wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 7:42am

monkeyloops wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 11:22am :

hey i just left a comment on your four kicks cover but in case you miss it-where did you get the backing track or are you playing the song with a band???

Hey there man. It was a recording I did with my drummer, so we made everything that you can hear :) He did the drums and the bass track and I did 3 guitar tracks. One with an RG for the thick sound, one with a Tele for the cutting sound and a Tele with a TS9 and Big Muff for the solo :)

Thanks for the comments though :D

I'll check out your cover now :)

Nick xx

monkeyloops wrote on Feb 20th, 2009 9:42pm

hey check out my Kol The Bucket cover om my profile!!

monkeyloops wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 12:22pm

stevenpollock wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 6:26pm

Haha thanks man. It's good to see someone else here isn't a complete kook!

dudey5691 wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 3:04pm

Yeah, I was thinking of throwing some Dimarzio Breeds into it... after testing some at least. They seem to be made for basswood 25 1/2" scale guitars.

The stock hardware isn't too bad, but yes... definitely getting better tuners and more tremolo springs.

This is still up in the air, though, because I can't manage to sell my semi-hollow... I'm going to try and get both guitars appraised by a local guitar shop, and see if they'd buy both (yes I know they would rip me off). I'm guessing I'd get about $300-$400 for both guitars, and the guitar I'm looking at right now is $360 + $40 for shipping... and it would obliterate both of these guitars stock.

dudey5691 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2008 5:01pm

I noticed that you upgraded the pickups in your GRG170DX...

Would you recommend it? I have been considering selling both my guitars to get one that's better than both of them.

Does the pickup change really do a lot for the guitar's tone? Was that the only modification you did, or were there others? Because the tone from your band's myspace is pretty good.

Tomo J O wrote on Jul 9th, 2008 12:30am

Kurapica wrote on Jul 8th, 2008 at 1:56pm :

Alright there mate, thanks for the add!

I see you're a Londoner, where abouts do you reside? My brother lives near Bethnal Green so I'm around a lot.

Anyway, take it easy!

Hey man no problem, thanks for the comment :P

I'am A Londoner, not alot to be proud of lately... Im a Romford boy not far just a train ride to The Green.

I shall my friend, and hows life been?

jeffc313 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 3:03am

Kurapica wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 1:23pm :

Hey mate, just saw your sig in a forum and see you got the Epi Valve Junior now like I recommended How do you find it?

I actually put a wanted post on craigslist for a 5w tube amp. guy offered it to me for $75. It plays like a dream at full volume. I am going to do a few mods to it. Thanks for the recommendation!

One Way Ticket wrote on May 4th, 2008 5:48am

You look like Paul Gilbert. Kinda.