Kevin Saale

Kevin Saale's Profile Comments

bassmastamitch wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 8:08am

Kevin Saale wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:03pm :
Yeah, the MG is crap. I'd just consider your options a bit further, especially if overdriven tones are your thing. I'd have never bought an HRD, but I got it when they were selling them for 400 brand new.

Cleans are #2 on my list, but I figure that if I already have a pedalboard, there's probably, out of the hundreds that are available, a pedal out there that can hold my distortion needs until I get an Axe FX or a Mark V. But yes, same goes for amps. But lugging around multiple amps if I want to play at friend's house or something is just inefficacy at its finest.

bassmastamitch wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 8:00am

Kevin Saale wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:57pm :
There are mods you can do to basically make the overdrive channel exactly like the clean channel, but it'll have a master and gain knob.

I want.

A new amp.

bassmastamitch wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 7:56am

Kevin Saale wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:52pm :
Totally agree. I like the a good dirt pedal like the next guy, but I've always preferred an amps overdrive over dirt pedals. Seriously though, if you pick one up, swap out the volume pots.

Especially if I get it used. I'll save up a bit and get a full retube and volume pot replacement. I find it weird the master volume doesn't control volume on the clean channel. It's not a typical layout of where you can get drive on the clean by cranking the master and using the preamp gain as attenuation or whatever. It's all in one, which kind of stupid, because the drive channel is pretty much useless for the gain I like.

bassmastamitch wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 7:50am

The volume is super jumpy. I was trying it out today in a shop, the owner was on the phone telling me to keep it down and it was either barely audible or shaking the strings of the guitars on the wall. I liked it loud, but it's definitely incapable of bedroom levels. Not a problem for me though.

It takes pedals better than almost everything in its price range, as far as I've looked. It's a really good platform for YouTube reviews of pedals and such.

Offworld92 wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 4:28pm

I've met your demands, now please leave my kidneys intact. They have no part in this - this is between me and you.

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 4:59am

:wavey:

Tom 1.0 wrote on Mar 1st, 2011 6:44pm

Kevin Saale wrote on Mar 1st, 2011 at 6:40pm :
Aww, thats retarded. We are looking through your post history to see if you were screaming at someone :haha

I didnt even realise it was there, sort of thought I would get a pm just politely asking to remove it, especially as it was Angry Goldfish who banned me :haha:

Oh well,

60 day too, next time i will be perma'd :wtf:

let everybody know i will still be lurking about lol

Tom 1.0 wrote on Mar 1st, 2011 1:58pm

Kevin Saale wrote on Mar 1st, 2011 at 2:02am :
What did you get banned for tom?

Link to ebay not my FS by accident in my sig,

had been there for weeks and I hadnt noticed,

Goldfish saw it and banned me, I was on a warning for the same already and had never got the emails

Bostonrocks wrote on Mar 9th, 2010 9:25pm

Kevin Saale wrote on Mar 7th, 2010 at 8:06pm :
Thanks man, that means a lot. I've been doing pretty good, what have you been up to? How many amps have you gone through since I've been gone?

Yeah man, no problem. I've been up to nothing. lots of school. what amp did i have when you left? BJ? If so i've had a AC15 and am on a JCM900 right now. moving on from that pretty soon to hopefully

Bostonrocks wrote on Mar 4th, 2010 7:14am

Hey Kev! saw you around a bit. nice to kind of have you back. we all missed ya. how you doin'?

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 8:07am

Kevin Saale wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 at 1:48am :
Eh, you know me, I couldn't stay away from this place forever. Now I need to find a new amp. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with a flextone, now I just need to try one.

you were looking at flextones before right.....so you're right back in the groove! ha ha

what do you think of the Vypyr 60?

also, I created a Blog 'My Amp Bias Tutorial' - check it out sometime....not tonight, it is a long read and it's late................later

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 7:44am

hey man!

good to see ya.....lots of people have commented about how you were such a great contributor here....we miss you!

PopPunkPotHead wrote on Feb 14th, 2010 4:22pm

dirty cover of the zoo! love the tone, its classic sounding!

Bostonrocks wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 8:33pm

hey man. where've you been!?

gregs1020 wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 3:00am

Kevin Saale wrote on Jun 14th, 2009 at 3:08pm :

That gave me a chuckle. I was bored, on UG, and the lightning was close enough where I could hear the air sizzling, too bad I didn't catch a closer strike, probably would've made the mic clip.

I remember the night you guys had the storms. But you should use it in a recording, it'd be badass.

gregs1020 wrote on Jun 14th, 2009 8:34pm

Hey I think I like this TS clone. Which TS is it a clone of exactly? The BSIAB is interesting, but I don't think it's for me. I'm gonna clist it.

Mark G wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 7:32am

Thanks for checking out the mp3! I like it alright myself, might need a touch more gain...and some surgical cuts in the post EQ but other than that I'm pretty happy.

Yes, this is a direct out recording. I ran my ENGl Blackmore preamp out into my interface, and used an impulse response to simulate a poweramp and cabinet. Saves the hassles of micing! :cheers:

Mark G wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 1:11am

I put up a really quick test for a new impulse file I found. If you're bored let me know what you think! Its pretty raw, no post EQing at all.

leondb wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 3:20am

Ha! What a dork. Okay scratch that question! lol

Mark G wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 12:55am

Kevin Saale wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 7:34pm :

No problem, thanks for adding me. Be sure to let us know in the WTLT when you get some new stuff uploaded.

I'm not huge into heavier genres like death metal and modern metal, but I do enjoy a good metal tone every once and a while (and your tone fucking rocks) and some metal drumming.

Thanks, and I'll let you guys know! Currently pretty busy with gigs but we have 3 new songs waiting to be recorded.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next