JohnnyGenzale

Neo Evil11 wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 9:09pm

FA CUP FINAAAAAALS!

W00000000000T!

Banjocal wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 8:18pm

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Oct 2nd, 2013 at 6:42pm :
hm?

when did i tell you/anyoen im selling my cds?

but no sadly no, they are all gone now. or well got like 20ish left, which i need to replace on vinyl.
you posted something in a thread.

Banjocal wrote on Sep 26th, 2013 3:53pm

got any other cds to sell?

fender_696 wrote on Mar 28th, 2013 11:11pm

By The Way is an album I have always loved since its release (over 10 years ago?! Mental). I know you've always been a big advocator of John Frusciante and, after looking at that thread which you popped up in, I decided to investigate.

I am currently listening to Shadows Collide With People and I like it very much. He has a nice way with melody. It was written during By The Way sessions (essentially Frusciante's album) and it shows! :D x

JohnnyGenzalea wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 4:57pm

Don't Panic Ok? wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:55am :
JohnnyGenzale wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:45pm :Hm. there's some weird symbols in there that I really can't tell what they are supposed to be so I can't make it out what it's supposed to say sadly.

Try again and I'll try to help ya :PSorry about that, it seems that the umlauts weren't recognized. Without them the phrase is "plattar for fralse". From what I understand "adeln" could work in place of "fralse", but I'm not entirely sure if that's correct.

Well, plättar is sort of a pastry/dessert and frälse would most likely refer to the old upper class back in the days.

:P

Don't Panic Ok? wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 10:55am

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:45pm :

Try again and I'll try to help ya :P

Don't Panic Ok? wrote on Mar 17th, 2013 9:35pm

Cheers, mate.

I'm wondering if you could help me with some Swedish. Would "plättar för frälse", as odd a phrase as it is, be grammatically correct?

Eissac123 wrote on Mar 9th, 2013 12:51am

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Mar 9th, 2013 at 2:55am :
you must mean the pit? LOLL
Yes i mean the pit haha:)

Duffman123 wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 9:56pm

I look exactly like Duffman (minus 80 pounds n_n). I've been having a nosey around your favourite artists and I'm pretty much turning into you. I've been listening to a load of Bob Dylan, Television, My Bloody Valentine, The Clash, The Libertines and Eno lately. I've only been listening to Dylan properly for a few months and he's now pretty much my favourite person ever.

And I'll probably be in the football thread more often; I'm slowly turning into a Dortmund fan. Seeing them beat Madrid tonight was wonderful.

KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 12:50pm

get the impression you'd like this
http://www.factmag.com/2012/10/01/fact-mix-349-sil ent-servant/

Neo Evil11 wrote on Sep 20th, 2012 4:59pm

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:53am :
Maybe so. I'm glad it ended up with 3pts to us. :P But I still don't see the chances of going through this group as anything else than really slim. The next game away against City is really a key game. One point there and City might struggle to get ahead of Dortmund. But the group is so extremely tight its ridicilous.

Dortmund getting second and City getting third would be a fine result for me. I don't see Ajax getting through anyway. A lolCity would be worth the extra loss of us against Dortmund.

Neo Evil11 wrote on Sep 19th, 2012 10:00pm

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Sep 19th, 2012 at 12:54pm :
My stream didn't work for the first 45 mins. But heard that it was even the first 45.

Second half Dortmund was the better team but not very impressed. Still a bit from top form but all in all a rather logical 1-0 win. I thought it was going for a draw when Hummels missed the pen though. Damn Hummels.

Should have been a damn draw. Wrong Penalty call and Babel missed for an open goal. 1-1 Would have been the right score. Dortmund were better than Ajax second half though.

Neo Evil11 wrote on Sep 18th, 2012 8:33pm

What did you think of that first half? Ajax made too many mistakes, played too defensively sometimes, but had some great chances. Dortmund had some great possession, but didn't create many real chances. It might end up a draw.

fender_696 wrote on Sep 6th, 2012 4:32pm

Drinking plenty of red wine, as well as working and seeing my girlfriend. It's going to be horrible going back!

FUN FACT: I've been clubbing with the guys from Gorillaz, including Mick Jones and Paul Simonon from The Clash. Damon Albarn (also from Blur) is my half-cousin (my cousin's cousin) so I get backstage passes and stuff. We also jammed on stage after the gig, but I was very drunk and fell off the stage! Rock and roll....

Yeah... I see that Damon chap quite a lot. At family gatherings and the like lol

JohnnyGenzalea wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 7:37pm

Duffman123 wrote on Jan 6th, 2012 at 4:17am :
Reply to this whenever you have watched 24 Hour Party People and you want to tell me how brilliant it is, and that you love Steve Coogan and Joy Division.

Still haven't watched it. Deal with it.

Why aren't you in the footie thread more Duffman? :(

fender_696 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 12:57pm

Hey man. Italy's going great thanks! Got my flight booked back on September 11th though... (this day was significantly cheaper than any other. Who would have thought it?). And then back to University. Gonna be a culture shock indeed. Sitting in front of a computer doing work. Not prepared at all!

How you been anyway? Any new music to recommend? I've stagnated.

BlackLuster wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 3:48am

[QUOTE=JohnnyGenzale]Oh, I smoke Winston, blue ones. Mostly because of 1984. :p:[/QUOTE]
You and me are one of a kind :)

jesus3000 wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 4:57pm

haha, awesome. good choice ;)

jesus3000 wrote on Aug 25th, 2012 9:22pm

swedish and a fan of borussia dortmund? i like that!

Saif Mehdi wrote on May 23rd, 2012 9:57pm