Jett Diamond

Jett Diamond's Profile Comments

capsfan17 wrote on Dec 19th, 2013 5:35pm

hello connles

the glue man wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 9:17am

Hey I haven't been on in a while but I used to listen to your songs on here, a lot has changed but you still sound like Richard Hell and Tom Verlaine (compliment!). I liked the RipOuts and everything you've done since then (that I've heard). I was disappointed that the old stuff wasn't on here. Do you have soundcloud or anywhere else you post your music these days?

greendaypunkrox wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 9:27pm

yeah, i love them. its too bad they basically all died :cry:
they make such great music :)
hey, you should join my group, i'll send it to you

SuperBlob wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 10:33pm

Hey hey hey hey Smart Accessories fucking owns!

Stevie Kicks gets his time in the spotlight as well, for like a verse of one song (can't remember the name at this point), and for all of Dirty Baby (which is fucking awesome)!

Getitgetitgetit

waterproofpie wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 11:25pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:04pm :
I've been exactly the same, XTINA. UVA is of course a madhouse of busy, but it's a lot of fun. Poetry major = best major ever. Where are you at, again?

I ended up at NYU! And that's a wild major--sounds like a ton of fun!!

waterproofpie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2009 4:21am

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 9:05pm :
Whar o whar have thou been?

aw, busy with school. college is nutsos like that! how have you been?

BrianApocalypse wrote on Aug 16th, 2009 10:43am

I like 'em man, do you like em? Sorry if I don't sound all that enthusiastic, I am in the least enthusiastic mood ever and wish I was brown bread right now.

musicjunkie207 wrote on Aug 16th, 2009 4:30am

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 9:18pm :
Twilight Zone is truly a wonderful cornerstone in American history. Nice you to meet you, and continue partying in Ohio, haha.

Haha, Ohio is where it's happening! We've got the coolest shit here! But when we're not partying, all we do is watch Twilight Zone.

DollSteak wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 9:16pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 4:11pm :
yes actually, I do! Are you looking for books in English, or Italian (is it presumptuous of me to assume you speak Italian? haha)? Regardless, Patti Smith has written some really nice poetry: her Early Works is my favorite. You may dig an author like Tony O'Neill, who is ex-Brian Jonestown Massacre and ex-junkie. I'd also suggest books from Jim Carroll and Nick Blinko (Rudimentary Peni, of course).

However, if you want books that don't directly have to do with punk but are pretty gritty / real / artistic / poetic, I have loads more. Everything I just listed can be found on Amazon (to my knowledge, haha).

oh thank you! that's enough to start: wikipedia and a long walk in Rome will do the rest :D
I'll try to find books in italian but i don't care if i find only the orignal version: it will be a good exercise :)
i heard of very good patti smith's works, did you see "Dream of Life"? it just came out here on dvd ^^

MisspentYouth wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 9:14pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 3:04pm :
YOU BASTARD! YOU MET THE VOICE OF WISHBONE WITHOUT ME? /friendship.

It was in Chicago when I was four! If I had known you back then I would have totally invited you :'(

DollSteak wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 9:05pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 4:03pm :
Which book, you mean Godlike? That was a fantastic one. I've managed to collect most of his writing, and I really love it. He was the first person to really get me excited about getting into literature, and now I'm majoring in poetry, haha. Go him!

yeah it must be Godlike in english :D damn, he's amazing and i wish i could find more punk literature to get more into, do you know some good titles to start? :)

DollSteak wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 9:02pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 4:00pm :
Haha well welcome. I'm glad you like Iggy Pop

yep :D Iggy Pop is my mentor.
oh and i'm surprised you like Richard Hell XD I'm desperatly searching for his last book!!

DollSteak wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 8:49pm

yes i started posting recently ^^" sorry for my questionable posts XD

BrianApocalypse wrote on Jul 16th, 2009 2:46pm

Jett Diamond wrote on Jul 15th, 2009 at 4:33pm :
Perhaps my favorite song by you, buddy.

Thanks bruv! ;)

trackmind wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 8:49pm

yeah, i love richard hell so much. blank generation is just such an amazing album. haven't really heard anything else from him, though. my interest in iggy is pretty new. i've only really listened to the idiot, lust for life and raw power. but i love all of them.

also, your cover of sixteen is pretty impressive, man. i like it.

element4433 wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 7:32pm

I'm not a huge fan, but that's one of my favorite Dylan songs.

element4433 wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 5:31pm

Man that sucks. I've heard that he was still good live, but maybe if you're one of the ones not bothered by it "reeking of pot" and are a rabid fan then you won't really notice.

BrianApocalypse wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 6:01pm

Alright man, I've been asked to replace the guitarist in this band:

Do you think it'd work with my sound in there?

IcePh0enix wrote on Apr 21st, 2009 1:14am

Hey dude, if you have a show set up that you would like my band to play, just let me know! We've been recording some stuff you can check out at:
www.myspace.com/stabilitycheck

The drummer is going to be posting our cover of Boxcar later tonight and we'll probably have 2 more originals up by the end of the week.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next