Jazz Funeral

Jazz Funeral's Profile Comments

whoomit wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 4:05pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 2:11am :
Which is why I got into the whole, "Fuck, I don't know", thing... It's also an Umphrey's tune that I've been hooked on, so I guess I'm stuck on it. I'm sure you know what I mean.

As for drummers; I live in a rural area about an hour out from Milwaukee, so the people out here tend to be more into fishing and hunting than music. Musicians are hard to find, and drummers harder yet (I know one guy, but he's a douche and he doesn't listen). I'd love to get a blues/jazz/rock/country/jamband thing off the ground, but I've yet to meet enough like-minded people.

Haha yeah, totally!

I live in a rural area too! There's quite a few drummers around me though. It's too cold for hunting or fishing round these parts :p: You can get away without a drummer though, get one of those wooden stomp box things. Perfect for blues! :)

whoomit wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 11:09am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Apr 6th, 2012 at 2:17am :
Oh shit. I just read your info bit up top.

So you're the drummer apparently.

Wish I could find a fuckin' drummer...

Yeah I'm the drummer :p:

How come you can't find a drummer? Are we that rare a creature?

I listened to that Umphrey's song. I don't know, I couldn't really hear the similarty myself. Saying that though, I usually find that some songs remind me of other songs for seemingly random reasons :haha:

whoomit wrote on Apr 1st, 2012 1:00pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:28am :
Hey man, I just checked out the "Simple Words" link in your sig - I liked it. It brought to mind Joe Jackson (vocals) and Umphrey's McGee (the uplifting anticipation in the main chord progression).

As for the guitar solo, I thought it was tasteful and concise.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! :)

Any particular Umphrey's McGee song you're thinking of? I've never listened to them y'see :p I'd like to point out that I'm not the guitarist, so that solo wasn't played by me I'm afraid. I'm not that good! :haha:

Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

ripple07 wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 11:57am

Hey i just saw your nice comment
:) thank you

larrytheguitar wrote on Dec 26th, 2011 12:19pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Dec 18th, 2011 at 11:33pm :
You said you ordered a Hoof Fuzz. How do you like it?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm hardly on UG lately.

The fuzz was surprisingly versatile. Although it gets a bet too fizzy for my tastes with the tone and shape knobs turned all way up, every other tone is usable, and great. When on the clean channel, I wasn't expecting such a volume boost. Using the pedal on the clean channel requires a low volume on the amp. With the clean channel on a higher volume, I have to significantly lower the input.

Lately, though, I've been using the pedal on my dirty channel with very minimal gain, just enough to get a light OD. This works great; perfect for blasting Thickfreakness, then disengaging it to get the twangy chords in the chorus.

Overall, great pedal. But like most gear-heads, our lust will never be satisfied. I'm currently looking at other Earthquaker pedals, as well has the Zvex Mastotron.

Cheers :cheers:

Millercaster wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 6:16am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:43pm :
That's a nice lookin' LP. I didn't know that Epiphone made 'em with a Birdseye cap.

Also, I lived in Ramsey for about 6 months back in '01. I like the Twin Cities.

Thanks dude, Epiphone made the Birdseye caps back in the early 90's (mine's a 93), sort of a predecessor to the quilt tops

larrytheguitar wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 9:17am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:00am :
I just checked it out, and yes it nails it. I had to dime the Fuzz knob, but that tone is in there. I think Dan actually uses a Hoof, doesn't he?

Oh, and I grabbed my Tele for the check because I saw him using one in a video for that song. I ran it into my Rebel on the clean channel with the Tube Mix right in the middle.

I like my Hoof, but it's the only Fuzz I've ever had, so I guess I can't do a whole lot of comparing... I never even bothered with a Muff or any of that shit, I went right for something different that sounded good in demo clips.

Hey thanks for answering. I ended up ordering the Hoof :D

Andrea55 wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 7:46pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 5:56am :
Oh, cool. I thought you posted some boobs to get perma'd. Seems I misunderstood too.

Good to see ya.

:haha: I did post boobs but I guess it wasn't bad enough to warrant a perma ban since it was my first offense so to speak. :p

Andrea55 wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 7:45am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:23pm :
Congratulations! You weren't at the time though.

Dare I ask how that happened?

Oh well it was a bit of a misunderstanding. Mods thought I wanted to be perma'd instead of temporary banning. But it was all sorted out in the Fotb. I'm just glad they were understanding. :) Thanks for caring. :hug:

Andrea55 wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 11:03pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:54pm :
Unban soonish?

Too sweet for even a perma-ban. you're unreal Andrea.

I'm already unbanned. ;)

larrytheguitar wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 9:59am

So I see you have the Earthquaker Hoof. Can it nail "thickfreakness" style The Black Keys?

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 7:06pm

Jazz Funeral wrote on Sep 28th, 2011 at 9:18pm :
I saw all the fuss in the "Teacher's Butt" thread and decided to see what's going on in here...

Sorry to hear about your creep problem. Best of luck to you.

Peace.

Thanks! And I think I have it under control then some people provoke horny children to message me =/

SlackerBabbath wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 6:55am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 11:45am :
I just noticed the link in your sig for your paintings, so I checked 'em out. You do good work, man. You've got a real knack for portraits; as a formerly decent artist myself, I know just how tough that is.

Thanks bud, that's really appreciated.

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 12:41am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:55pm :
You came off as a cock, without offering any real useful help. So I made a snide comment about it while providing the help that the threadstarter needed. That's all.

Oh, and I'm not twelve, I'm thirty-one. Believe it or not, it is perfectly acceptable for adults to cuss and call names when they see fit. It's quite effective, when used sparingly.

I came off as a cock when I told him to use the correct forum where he most likely will find the right answers? I got you. Nice. You're from the US right?

JohnnyGenzale wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 12:33pm

Ehm, why are you calling me a twat for saying he should search the correct forum? Are you 12 or what's your problem?

Horsedick.MPEG wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 1:50am

I saw you confess your love to my username in the pit <3

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 1:18am

Jazz Funeral wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:54pm :
I'm not sure just what the hell Funeral Doom Metal is, but I'm sure it's a real peppy day-brightener.

A Jazz Funeral is a type of funeral that more resembles a party than the somber drudgery that we all expect at a funeral. I believe it's a New Orleans tradition that celebrates somebody's life rather than mourning their passing.

I thought it sounded cool... :shrug:

that sounds nice. like a party? well, i guess you can't spell funeral without fun.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 11:24pm

i just want to let you know that your username sounds like an odd hybrid between Jazz and Funeral Doom Metal.

barefootboy wrote on Dec 25th, 2010 2:17am

if you likes ARS's version of "Spooky" best it's fine by me. The song lists at the jams depends on who shows up. Some blues, some classic rock, some 80's stuff or what ever you bring along will work. Wang dang doodle, All along the watchtower, Black magic woman, Take me to the river, CCR, Stones, Cale, Clapton, Bo deans, zz top, ect. The group is pretty non-judgmental.

Andrea55 wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 12:53pm

Thanks for the pic of Robocop, Yoshi and the rainbow, I really appreciate it. :D
Also of the redhead making the cake, thanks! :)

1 2 read next