Jaekae

Jaekae's Profile Comments

Nolifemusician3 wrote on Aug 31st, 2009 3:02pm

hey, umm i saw your RGA321 in your sig and its really fucking nice!
im kinda looking into this guitar, how much was it?
and how is it?

stykerwolf wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 9:09pm

Wow that Brunetti has some serious clean tone, nice :D

Mark G wrote on Jul 25th, 2009 8:25pm

His guitars sound thicker....Not bad at all though!

Mark G wrote on Mar 27th, 2009 1:00am

recorded my Blackmore for the first time

Mark G wrote on Feb 20th, 2009 9:58pm

I added another impulse test to my page, check it out:D

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 1:24pm

Jaekae wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 6:49am :

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 1:21am :

Added another impulse clip to my page. Mixed 2 mic positions this time on the same ENGL cab. Also turned down the volume a bit, and redid the EQing. Let me know which you like best;D

ps. All the clips are single tracked

i like the 3rd one the most cos it has the best 3d feel to it, and after that the 4th sounds best

Cool, thanks. The 3rd was made with different EQing to the left and right output so it sounded like 2 guitars playing. The 4th was made with the same EQing for both, but different micing positions. Sort of the same idea, but slightly different. I personally think the 3rd has a more 3d feel but the 4th sounds fuller.

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 12:21am

ps. All the clips are single tracked

CrimsonBizzare wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 6:39pm

nice taste in music

stratman_13 wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 1:41am

Badass profile pic mate.

Love All That Remains.

Mark G wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 10:57pm

Sup dude, I just got my amp back from the tech, biased and everything. Sounds freaking awesome! Really filled out the lows and highs, huge sound. :D

Mark G wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 9:17pm

you got the kaboom too???? scared the jezusjuice out of me. My multimeter died there:D I forwarded you an email maybe that helps...+1 to a pro doing it though

Mark G wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 8:22pm

Nah I didn't put my power tubes in yet. I found a place that does it for real cheap so I'll put them in and let them bias it there.

I didn't use the table, I did a calculation

tube watt / plate voltage x % to run it at

in the case of my blackmore:

25 (30 max) / 460 x 0.7 = 0.038A = 38mA

As you can see I used 25 as safe tube wattage even though 6l6 is rated at 30, and I'm running my tubes at 70% of what they can do which is pretty hot. Most people suggest 60-70% More and it'll probably sound fizzy, less and it won't saturate nicely.

So yeah, I would go with 38mA. If you use 30watt rated tubes, and your amp uses a plate voltages averaging 460 you can set it at 38mA too.

Mark G wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 11:41pm

Jaekae wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 at 5:43pm :

that would sound awesome on your engl

Oh for sure! The effect is especially noticeable with the faster playing, the blackmore is just so articulate. In my clips now you can hear notes sorta blend together with fizz, the blackmore has none of that. Thanks so much for the rating!

Mark G wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 10:02pm

Never mind, I found the mp3s they work fine. Rate them tho? :D

Mark G wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 3:38pm

sup dude im adding guitar skill mp3s to my profile...but somehow I can't see the mp3? Could you please have a look and see if it uploaded downpicking properly.

Mark G wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 9:07pm

I was attempting to measure the bias, not the plate voltage:D The third pin wouldn't have worked for my measurement.

If your amp sounds fine with the new tubes, I suppose the bias should be ok. To be safe though, I would just use the old tubes until you can check the bias correctly. Theres always variations between tubes even of the same brand and type

Mark G wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 3:57pm

hmz, would have been good to know yesterday. Too bad my meter is fried now or I would give it another go.

Mark G wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 3:14pm

its true the plate voltage changes as you adjust the bias, but the change is very small (not even 1mA). you're right that if you want to be 100% accurate you should keep an eye on both, but I think 1mA is nothing to sweat over.

Mark G wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 1:40pm

:D Dying would suck...but you only really need 1 multimeter since you don't have to take those readings at once, just do one then the other. Also, in my case Blackmores have a plate voltage between 450 and 470 so assuming 460 is a safe way to go without taking that measurement. I'm waiting for the probe too...and a new multimeter since mine burned out.

Mark G wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 11:38pm

Dude how did you bias your power tubes? I tried it using the ENGL forum method of measuring the mA of the 7th pin...it nearly blew something up. I think I'll get a socket adapter and measure that way

1 2 read next