Greenwood991

Greenwood991's Profile Comments

jaybals wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 11:10am

yeh that'd be pretty sick

there is the analogue system 'french connection' which is basically an ondes martinot, it's what jonny uses live, seeing how his original ondes is like really old.
they still cost a fair bit!

now all i need is 1050...

jaybals wrote on Jul 7th, 2009 8:51pm

hey i saw in your GAS list a mention of an ondes martinot pedal

WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?
sounds awsome!

gotta love jonny...

stradivari310 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 9:45pm

Greenwood991 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 12:27pm :

Nope thats a pretty good description . The other guitarist in my band is getting something like a russian/non russian muff or a rat so I wanted to get away from his sound so we sound distinct from each other. Sounds like the disaster can do the job. The price is great too. Can't say the same for the manglers...

Yeah, the manglers are really expensive. I almost said overpriced... but they're too awesome :p: You should also look at the Soda Meiser, the Cherry Pop, the Hyperion, and the Vintage Fuzz Master.

stradivari310 wrote on Mar 28th, 2009 9:54pm

Greenwood991 wrote on Mar 27th, 2009 at 9:53pm :

Hey I've been listening to some samples of the Disaster fuzz and I wanted an opinion from someone who owns one. From what I've listened to, I've gathered that its pretty versatile. I heard a guy get some pretty good almost distortion tones from it, then go absolutely crazy with oscillations. Am I right in these gatherings? What range of tones can it cover and what does it lack?

I can definitely get a good almost-distortion tone, but it's got a HUGE amount of treble. I can't really get a "normal" fuzz sound out of it. It's great for really cutting fuzz tones with your tone knob up, and with tone down on my neck pickup it sounds a bit like the fuzzy guitars in King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 2 by Neutral Milk Hotel. It also has insane output on the volume control... unity gain is at like, 3 on the knob or maybe lower. The oscillations aren't like your everyday fuzz factory noises, it's more like glitch synth. Any other questions?

pak1351 wrote on Jan 9th, 2009 5:30am

Radiohead's pretty badass too. johnny's got some nice chops

Jestah wrote on Dec 4th, 2008 9:33pm

Greenwood fans ftw :)

newscreename491 wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 5:10am

woah thats crazy, im a senior. wut are you?