Goodtimes666

Goodtimes666's Profile Comments

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 5:00am

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jul 4th, 2010 at 9:56pm :
i have a pc. and i use sony acid studio if that matters

Okay, I really don't know alot of good free drum programs on PC because I've been using a Mac as long as I've been recording. I'd suggest using the forums to find something or just Google.

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 4:42am

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jul 4th, 2010 at 9:41pm :
can you recommend me a program to use for the drums?

Well, are you on a Mac or PC?

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 4:03am

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jul 4th, 2010 at 8:04pm :
i posted an updated version of the song, its called concept v2. let me know if you like that version better. and if i can't figure out the drums and you're willing to help i'd really appreciate it but i'm gonna try to do it myself just so i'll know how to do it if you get what i mean.

Much better! The intro flows alot better now. The riff at 2:35 is awesome (I think you had that in the first one, I just forgot to say anything). The transitions sounds pretty good too. Nice bluesy solo part, it wouldn't hurt to turn up that lead channel some though. Interesting ending too. I can't wait to hear what you do with the drums. It's certainly coming together!

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 1:56am

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 at 5:40pm :
i'm planning on adding some drum midi but i'm terrible at using those drum programs. i'm far from finished i just posted it to get some criticism. thanks for checking it out man i appreciate it

Gotcha, I wasn't sure how finished you were, so I just threw out what I heard. I can actually program the drums in GarageBand if you really need help. Otherwise I'm just looking forward to the finished version.

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 5:40am

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 8:53pm :
i posted a sample on my profile, its titled concept. have a listen and tell me what you think

Nice! The intro is gold. My only thought on it would be using a flange/chorus or resetting the delay so it's in time, just seemed a bit off, but the melody is prefect. The next few riffs are great, I like the fading in of the electric slowly taking over the clean part. If you have the option, drums would add a ton to it, even if they're just Midi. Or maybe you just hadn't added them yet because it's a demo version, either way, great job.

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 9:11pm

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:04pm :
well as far as story goes my song is hopefully going to be the part where the main character gets lost in space. i've only got 2 parts written so far, the intro and the outro. the intro uses a flanger and a delay and it sounds really dark and dissonant. i'm planning on using a certain amount of dissonance throughout the song to keep that kinda hopeless feeling constant.

Sounds pretty awesome, can't wait to hear it.

TacoSaladMan wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 5:32pm

Goodtimes666 wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:06am :
yea i'm hoping this turns out well. what kind of ideas are you working with for your contribution?

I'm not totally sure yet, other than that I'm doing an instrumental because I don't have access to a quality vocal mic. I'm not picky though, so whatever part of the story I have to convey will be fine, and a pretty cool challenge. In style, when I hear "sci-fi concept album" I think of Ayreon. So, I'll probably use their last album (01011001) as a starting point. I'll of course give it my own twist, which recently has been this crazy BTBAM/Symphony X-inspired really heavy prog style. But until I know exactly what part of the story I come in, I can't say for sure.

How about you? Do you know where your song is going/have any ideas for it?

Jon777 wrote on Mar 11th, 2010 5:55pm

Goodtimes666 wrote on Mar 6th, 2010 at 8:11pm :
yea for sure, we're not easy to come by. i saw them last year and they blew me away. the latest album is incredible, i gotta say world without a sun is probably my favorite
Yeah, man. Son of the Morning was amazing, probably my favorite album of 2009.

Join my group if you want. We need more members: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ohsleeperfans/

Jon777 wrote on Mar 6th, 2010 3:26am

Hey! Nice to find another Oh, Sleeper fan out there! :)

Zli_Isus wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 11:23pm

impulses here >> http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/

Broodjekaas91 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 1:03am

Many thanks :D
Hey, what do you use to record your stuff by the way?
Gotta love your songs, you can tell there's a lot of effort in it, nice and structured songs, but not too repetative at the same time.

How long have you been playing?

Geldin wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 12:16am

The riff under the lead at :57 sounds similar to the chorus riff in Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr. It's more prominent around 1:23.