Favorite bands :
The way I see it, you cant palm off an entire genre on the basis of the songs you heard, simply because you havent heard every song in said genre. thus, keep an open mind bitch. you never know, you mind find a really bangin polka tune which has you shocking out to the funky accordians...or something. what im getting at is that you can hate a Band, or a song or generally have found that you dislike a genre...but cant categorically say you hate it. rock on, and accept other people...its all music aint it?
Favorite guitarists :
Omar Rodriguez, Jim Ward, Davey Von Bohlen, Hendrix, Buckethead, Ian Mackaye, Spencer Seim
Favorite bassists :
Eric Wilson, Pastorius, Joe Lally, Brian Gibson
Favorite books :
Read Hunter S. Thompson books or die...im not kidding the pages can cure all known diseases when ground into a fine paste using just a little bit of water. no, i was kidding. just read them for insight into how to trash hotel rooms, build obscene drug collections, drink rum, get roughed up by disgruntled hells angels and generally be a cool (albiet eccentric and slightly sociopathic) MoFo. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, Hells Angels and The Rum Diary.
- Also read American Psycho by brett easton ellis. I believe this book should be included in the curriculum. it would teach kids such great lessons like how fun it is to stab whores, gays and the homeless in the eyes, that a starving rat can re-enact the gutbusting dinner scene from alien, and that rich people can commit grisly murder after grisly murder and get away with it. or you could just read it to discover what a truly headfucked person Brett Easton Ellis is (and he was so young...). nice twist at the end too, but i shan't be revealing that now will I.....
- Also read the doors of perception or the food of the gods by aldous huxley and terrence mckenna respectively so you dont die ignorant to some pretty kickass fauna/fungi.
- Also read, The Electric Kool-aid acid test by Tom Wolfe, and chuckle lightheartedly at the burnt out hippies, ambling across the country attempting to Freak people out, spiking drinks with powerful hallucinogens...and (rather idiotically/tenuousl y/brilliantly(delete to your tastes) comparing life to a writes bureau.
- Also read Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut because its about time travel, is probably short enough for a longish train journey.
- Also Read The Da Vinci Code, but dont tell me what happens, cos i dont give a flying fuck
Favorite tv :
I believe TV is the Devil.
ex cept for House.
I believe House is God
Favorite movies :
Oldboy, Porco Rosso, Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, Requiem for a dream, The Big Lebowski, Life of Brian.......this list could potentially be overwhelmingly huge so im gonna stop typing....now
I love music, films and sleeping in that order. they make me tick. the music produces a rhythmic tick, the film a more suspensful tick and the sleeping harbours a far more biological tick, which is not without its charms.
I enjoy looking for the irony in things. Im an ironyspotter. its like trainspotting, except slightly more smug, and infinately more cynical.