Forcemaster

Forcemaster's Profile Comments

anarkee wrote on May 29th, 2009 3:45am

So...go to Manny's in NYC and let me know if its still amazing. And have a bagel and some Matzah ball soup. And go to Soho and the village and mourn me the loss of CBGBs..

And...we need to revive some Jazz bass talk in the forums..

anarkee wrote on Dec 26th, 2008 1:58pm

Forcemaster wrote on Dec 25th, 2008 at 12:03pm :

Merry Christmas from middle England!

Hope your holiday was wonderful as well!

anarkee wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 4:57pm

Forcemaster wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 at 5:50am :

Cheers for the reccomendation i'll check it out asap.

Currently transcribing 'Goodbye Porkpie Hat'. it's tricky, but getting there!

His version is great.

I ran across a used copy of "be-bop bass lines", lots of Paul Chambers lines, but no Mingus. I have to check out Sonny Rollins soon; his main bassist Percy Health looks to be a monster as well.

anarkee wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 5:58am

Forcemaster wrote on Dec 21st, 2008 at 5:03pm :

Tam!

You're a jazz fan, right?
Let's discuss how awesome Mingus was!

I bought Mingus Ah Um the other day, superb album. Been learning bits from it to try and improve my jazz chops, we'll see how it goes...

I love Mingus--I have Ah Um on vinyl. You need to get The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. Great album--its on my short list for new CDs. His work is so emotional--great stuff to sit and listen to through the head phones. Pure genius.

anarkee wrote on Oct 30th, 2008 2:28pm

Forcemaster wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 at 3:22pm :

While i'm hesitatant to immediately criticise anyone because of a publically lauded stereotype. The though of Mrs Palin being the most powerful woman (and indeed person) in the world scares me greatly.

How is public opinion towards her and the GOP over there? I don't think anyone over here has given them a second thought, but we don't matter So y'know.

If the election were held tomorrow, I think Obama would win, but not by the huge landslide some people are thinking. I live in a very liberal area of CA, and most people are pretty pro-Obama and find Palin/McCain fairly frightening.

What amazes me is that quite a few intelligent soccer mom types find Palin inspiring and think that she speaks for their "silent voices". I can't quite figure out if Palin is a smart woman acting dumb or as clueless as she actually appears to be. Both ideas are equally appalling to me.

anarkee wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 11:16pm

Forcemaster wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 at 3:08pm :

A jazz group?! Cool stuff,

If I could remotely walk a bassline i'd attempt a jazz group, something i've always wanted to do.

I've been following the US elections quite a bit actually (much more interesting than our politics) None of the candidates particularly piss me off though my vote would go for Mr Obama, yourself?

I was a poli sci major in Uni, and I have to say that I am deeply dissapointed that the first serious female canidate in a long time is Caribou Barbie.

Obama is looking like the best option at this point.

anarkee wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 9:44pm

Things on this side of the pond are nothing but interesting. I only wish I had more time to devote to the music side of life. Balancing a full time job and a jazz group is proving challenging but fun.

And then there's the US elections next week, which are if nothing else, highly entertaining.

83lespaulstudio wrote on May 11th, 2008 9:02pm

hey dude, what's up? hows your rockin' world going?

joemunch66 wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 12:48am

hey thanx for the add
whats up?

Miss G wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 9:53pm

Hi, I believe we have the same fender and you have the GK rig I want . How do they sound together?

Baa I'm a Sheep wrote on Jan 15th, 2008 11:23pm

your band is fucking excellent :)

83lespaulstudio wrote on Sep 7th, 2007 1:15am

thanks for the ad! Forceman. have a great day! Rick

83lespaulstudio wrote on Sep 6th, 2007 6:35am

Inky is like a tupperware salesman. lol. GK is good equipment, but this "neutral" sound stuff, just isn't true. no two people sound the same on any rig! GK sounds like a GK. word! lol

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 4:26am

The reason people say that is because all other amp brands have a pretty distinct tone. Ampegs sound like ampegs... Ashdown sounds like ashdown... but with GK, the tone is really dependent on the player, so there isn't a "distinct GK tone" par sae... but you'll certainly have a distinct tone.

If you REALLY want an Ampeg tone, get an Ampeg. If you really want an Eden tone, get an Eden. But if you want a lot of versatility and your OWN tone, get a GK.

Thats the best I can do to explain the "neutral" aspect hahahaa.

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 2:46am

The 3 songs on my profile are the 1001... all the "ug skills" things are my SWR combo.

I'll record some real clips of it tomorrow. Its not transparent at all hahaha. Its only transparent if you cut the mids way out, but same goes for all other amps. If you know how midrange works, the amp can cut through EVERYTHING.

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 2:13am

Thats really cool!!! I'm going to put that Special on my bass wishlist. My old bass teacher gave me old 80's fender pickups and a bridge he found lying around, so I replaced that in my Squier. I also added the Aggie preamp you're talking about. I HIGHLY suggest it.

As far as the 1001 goes, I LIVE by that thing. Talk about a tone machine! Any style you play, you can pull something out of the 1001. The amp really contours to your playing style and bass. No two bassists sound the same playing through it, so you'll always have an original sound. I play both jazz and rock with it and have absolutely not problems, and only use a quarter of the volume, even at rock shows. I'm looking to get a new cab, however. My Avatar is getting a little old... I suggest pairing the GK with a 4x10 for something with growl, or a 15" for something much deeper. For the bands you have on your list, I highly suggest the 1001. It'll be able to cover the Zeppelin to Rush to Metallica with no problem, and I'd go with a 4x10.

I've got a website that you can purchase the 1001 for $600 from... PM me if you're interested, and feel free to ask if you have any questions at all. I'm happy to answer!

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 19th, 2007 10:40pm

hahha i was hoping someone had the same Squire as me =[

I want that bass pretty freaking badly.

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 19th, 2007 10:03pm

Is the bass in your pic a Squire P-bass special with the mirror pickgaurd?

Dinkydaisy wrote on Aug 17th, 2007 12:54am

It makes me feel popular. Try being a teenage girl with big titties one day and you'll realise how differently you're treated :p:

Jonnomainman wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 8:46pm

In reply to your blog comment :- we just gave them a phone call and explained that we're a new band and would like a gig. What they'll do most likely for you is to put you in a night filled with bands of a similar genre and cause you're out of town give you a flat rate of pay.

If you're local they do this thing where you get a cut of the money from the door but as you don't have a big fan base here it's a bit fairer just to pay you some flat money like.

0116 2622255 is the number.

Lemme know if you get a gig, ill be there for sure!

1 2 read next