FacingUsAll

FacingUsAll's Profile Comments

forsaknazrael wrote on Jan 27th, 2010 6:31am

Ahah! you logged on. Good to know you're alive. :p:

Ippon wrote on Dec 5th, 2009 6:42pm

I'm thinking you got an endorsement by now!

:cheers:

Ippon wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 1:36pm

Where are you?

:cheers:

forsaknazrael wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 3:26pm

my 21st bday yesterday. Went out and had a couple of Irish Car Bombs for you. :cheers:

forsaknazrael wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 7:35pm

:wavey: where have you been?
check out this band, btw:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=959947

ViviEatWorld wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 8:24pm

i think i love hayley williams in a non lesbic way, hahaha
maybe if paramore comes to chile i'll scream like a twelve year old girl (and i'm 21 haha)

just kidding :P

iplaydabass wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 9:01pm

Hey, vote for my friend's band LOREM IPSUM to play on UG tv. Live!

Here is their pages!

UnsignedRecords wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 5:03am

i can try, my notes are a tad messy :p

-when mixing, must be directly equidistant from the monitors'
-probably gonna want to mix with speakers instead of headphones'

a lot of it comes from experimenting with mic placements and trying to get the input levels high as high as possible without clipping.

the most important thing i learned was about project studio design and setup. basically making the acoustics of a room not crap haha.
- effective tools in isolation: mass [of the absorbing material] and de-coupling
- [when dividing up a large room into separate booths, etc] avoid parallel walls (prone to standing waves)
- create double walls, leaving some airspace between them
- add 2 or 3 layers of wallboard, isolation material in between
- pad walls with non-reflective material (foam, etc)
- look up sound transmission class (STC - rating of how effective a material is at isolating sound)

that's just notes, ask away :)

UnsignedRecords wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 3:09am

:D i guess i add a new song every month or two...

my setup is:
sm57's for guitar, snare, and toms
beta 52 for bass and kickdrum
mxl v63m for overhead and vocals
all into a tascam 2488mkII portastudio thing.

it'd be cooler if i could edit stuff into protools, but my computer wouldn't handle it. and i just got back from a 3 day recording program at berklee and i'm hating my recordings right now :haha:

forsaknazrael wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 11:24pm

FacingUsAll wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 6:07pm :

I'm getting a little ZZ Top'ish vibe from Guns Blazin'. Me likes.

Everything was recorded through my Line 6 Toneport or my other guitarist's PodXT Live. We just kind of picked tones randomly to get different sounds. When my recording computer stops sucking (it automatically logs off as soon as you log in) we'll record it nice and proper.

The drums were all made on Frooty Loops.

Was Guns Blazin' recorded with the e609?
\
Oh, okay. I was hoping they were samples. :p: Sounds like the drums on the recordings we did with a drum machine, haha.

And nah, not with the e609. Still haven't done anything proper with that yet.

forsaknazrael wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 7:11pm

The demo's kind of cool. The distortion that comes in at 48 seconds in is kinda odd.
What are you using to record everything? The cymbals sound a bit hissy. other than that, good stuff. moar!

oh, btw, we recorded another crappy demo with our drummer's computer mic. it's called guns blazing.

JMcG92 wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 2:02am

Hey, I seen you have GFS Dream 90s in your SG. What are they like? I'm getting a Dream 90 put in the neck of my Les Paul (in black and chrome, with a really hot zebra 'bucker in the bridge) at the moment and I'm dying to hear how it sounds!

forsaknazrael wrote on Jul 9th, 2008 7:20am

FacingUsAll wrote on Jul 9th, 2008 at 1:05am :

Tell me how you like your e609.

Methinks I want one.
Haven't done any recording with it yet, been busy, since we lost our singer, but I will let you know how it is once I do. :D

forsaknazrael wrote on Jun 30th, 2008 10:38pm

Yeah, that track is the jam. It was a lot of of fun, very spontaneous. I wish we had recorded the one we did right before this one, it went WAY better, for whatever reason.

Life is great, dodging ex-gf material, having fun playing guitar...riffs and songs are coming more readily to me now, don't know what it is, but I like it! i hope to record some of our newer stuff soon. one's a mix of van halen and ac/dc, one's a heavy blues-rock-ish track that's reminiscent of maylene and the sons of disaster, there's another one that's really rock and rolly in a heavy way, and one's really happy and anthemic. it's been great. and yes, we have a singer, and things are going okay with him.
nice stuff with your band, glad to see you're putting that Classic 50 to use! i wish we had a basement...recording drums in there would be awesome for reverb..

forsaknazrael wrote on Jun 30th, 2008 5:59am

:wavey:

i recently uploaded a shitty jam sesh to my profile.

sports_chik5 wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 10:52pm

pssht all my MP3's are old. Im going to make new ones maybe with some better equipment and maybe vocals :/

ViviEatWorld wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 11:45pm

hey jason!!

do you like paramore? i love them! and i just bought their last album Riot a few days ago :D so i'm very very happy

they're on tour with JEW! i don't know if it's over

ohhh, you're so lucky 'cause you can go to their concerts whenever you want, while i'm 21876543235000 miles away and i'll have to wait till they're like 60 years old when they finally dedice to come to south america! haha

i envy you (in a very good way)

take care :)

diditfortehlulz wrote on Jun 2nd, 2008 7:57pm

FacingUsAll wrote on Jun 2nd, 2008 at 1:44am :

Thanks

The Dream 90s sound pretty decent; very vintageish. I kind of wish they had more output; I think I'd probably opt for the Mean 90s instead, but they don't make those with a pearloid cover so it just wouldn't work out.

Sure, no problem. That really is a beautiful guitar, man.

Actually (I was surprised to learn this too), the Dream 90's are hotter than the Mean 90's. Don't know how that works, but they are hotter.

That's what they made the overdrive for, right? ;)

.Will. wrote on Jun 1st, 2008 3:27am

diditfortehlulz wrote on May 30th, 2008 at 1:50pm :

Bro, that SG is fucking secks.

How are those GFS P90's?

What he said. :D

diditfortehlulz wrote on May 30th, 2008 6:50pm

Bro, that SG is fucking secks.

How are those GFS P90's?