Erock503

Erock503's Profile Comments

Sadbutrue62 wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 5:14am

Hey, nice clips Erock, you guys might like us!

Erock503a wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 4:47am

made a couple vids of the Nitro and Boogie

Nitro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZDITc0fCWI

Dual Rectifier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPiUAYwceE

CodySG wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 5:49am

Niiiice clips of the Mak4!!! Did you order on or just get to play though it?

W>O wrote on Jun 12th, 2010 7:45am

hey,, what`s up ?? huahahaha..
name`s Will..

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 6:11pm

Where ya been man?
What have been up too?
Happy New Year!

signedinbloodnz wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 5:05am

Erock503 wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:52pm :
thanks man, appreciate that, I've been very fortunate to be get my hands on some nice gear. Cleans on the ENGL are pretty great actually, the built in reverb is very good surprisingly, and the clean can go from chime to dirt with the different options alone. It also has a tube driver channel, which is basically like almost hitting the poweramp direct, pretty cool effect. No worries about the ENGL SE cleans. I have not tried the 6L6 version, but I imagine that's excellent too.

What kind of cleans would you compare it to man?
I want really nice cleans like a Fender and awesome distortion that rips your face off and that's clear.

signedinbloodnz wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 8:07am

Hey bro just have to say you have killer gear! and you give pretty good advice from what I've seen. Pretty jealous of your ENGL SE.

I'm GASing pretty bad for one.
How are the cleans on ENGL?

CodySG wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 1:34am

Erock503 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:34am :
thanks Cody
I'm really diggin this amp, didn't think I would like it this much tbh. The Titan is still at Titan amps, had a few upgrades done before it even got here since I picked it up used. I'll let you know when it gets here!

Very nice! Every clip I hear with the MC is amazing, the thing just spits tone and character, I can only imagine what it sounds like playing next to it!

Yeah I've been interested in checking out a TITAN, they have a really nice sound from what I've heard, something that I think I'd enjoy.

I've been gassing over a few small company amps, mainly Peters, Mako, or TITAN.

I'm really leaning to a Mak2, either that or possibly a Chimera.

But as for right now, I've got a couple of fiddles coming my way soon from Bernie Rico Jr, those are really the only thing on my mind right now haha!

CodySG wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 8:17am

Wow...that Wizard sounds ohhh so scrumptious!

Amazing clip man! Treating you well so far? How do you like the Titan?

mmolteratx wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 4:25am

I've heard about that mod. How much of a difference does it actually make? I'm looking around for a steal right now. I just wish I had the money a few months ago. I saw them going for as low as $1800. Prices on everything used is pretty good right now though. I saw a Herbert go for $2500 about a week ago. I would've been all over it had I had a cab.

mmolteratx wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 6:33pm

Erock503 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:22am :

yeah, the XTC is a fantastic amp man. If you are going new, you may want to consider the Anniversary model too, it's got a lot of improvements even over the regular ones.

I wish I could get the Anniversary. They have one at my local Bogner dealer. I've had my hours cut back at work alot though so I have to go used, if at all.

mmolteratx wrote on Oct 31st, 2009 6:01am

Thanks for the comparison. The XTC is what I really want after having played it a few times. I just wanted to see if the Splawn came close as I haven't really played any amps that sound like an XTC.

mmolteratx wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 6:01am

Hey, 311 told me to ask you about this. How close do the Splawns you've owned get to that Chris Poland type lead tone? I'm more interested in the last few Ohm albums than the Megadeth days, although I guess the two are similar. Also, how do you feel they compare to the XTC?

henis wrote on Sep 20th, 2009 7:38pm

Hey, I would love if you could check out my new demo of my tele little 59 (also with my new hughes and kettner).
Tell me what you think.

Vandals572 wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 2:24pm

You dude can you let me know what you think of Song 1 on my profile?

CodySG wrote on Aug 8th, 2009 12:08am

Erock503 wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:23am :
hmm, that's tough man, they are pretty different, even though they have that signature diezel voicing. The Herbert is my favorite for straight up metal, while the VH4 is my favorite for that huge modern rock sound. They both can do either however, the VH4 sounds nasty boosted. They both have great cleans, but the edge may go to the Herbert, just a great glassy clean. The VH4 has a kickass crunch channel and mid gain tones. Hard to pick a favorite man.

yeah, it was a hard choice... Ended up with the Herbie :) couldn't be happier!!! Have you gotten your wizard yes?

Bostonrocks wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 9:37pm

Okay i have to ask. Where does the Quickrod and Nitro stand in your "favorite" amps list? or are they even on it.? how about just Splawn the company in general

Shwing55 wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 9:27pm

holy balls sick shit you got up on your mp3s man good job

CodySG wrote on Jun 18th, 2009 9:00pm

Which Diezel do you enjoy more?

I'm guessing the Herbert, which one is more open/tight, saturated/dry? I know they're both similar, but still...also, which has the better clean?

I'm sure I'll pick up a Diezel some day, just gotta win that lotto first, and I'm leaning to the Herbie right now.

Also, general thoughts over all about the Mak2?

Mark G wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 10:35am

Erock503 wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 at 1:55am :

Mark G wrote on Jun 13th, 2009 at 3:26am :

Erock503 wrote on Jun 13th, 2009 at 4:04am :

kickass brother, got that blackie sounding mean!

Hows the low end on it? That was your main concern right?
sounds good man, I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more in a band mix. Playing alone only gives you part of the picture I guess.

Thats true, band mix is a whole nother story. Although my settings were mostly at 50% so it could have been tweaked for solo play to an extend.

:cheers: