EpiExplorer

EpiExplorer's Profile Comments

gothfayeri wrote on Apr 11th, 2014 3:35am

I never lurk without saying... Hello! Hope you have an awesome day dude..

gothfayeri wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 4:53am

Hi Thanks so much for accepting the request! Just wanna say, you have some cool guitars man...

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Dec 10th, 2013 10:12pm

EpiExplorer wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 4:39pm :
creepysam666_ataxmydreams
I love you too, bud.

TheBigDirty716 wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 1:56pm

hey i read you were looking for more stuff like Palms. Check out The Red Sparowes and Marriages. you can listen to whole albums on sargenthouse.com . i m not trying to promote them or anything but i really like them and the fact that you can check it out before dropping a single penny

krvolok wrote on Apr 26th, 2013 10:23pm

Happy birth day...erm...two weeks later...erm...

Ometh wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 7:37pm

I posted another IDM, if you don't mind check it out plz.

Ometh wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 11:54pm

Read teh other blog

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 11:01pm

EpiExplorer wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:30pm :
Ah cool, I'm never good at reading people on the internet :P sorry.
No, no...it wasn't your fault here. I never stated any of that beforehand. How were you supposed to know? :shrug:

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 9:19pm

(Here's comment 2.)

Also, its not hard to mistake some of their songs for some kind of death/black metal:

No way I would mistake that for anything but Industrial Metal. Nor would anyone else who knows enough about it. Although, that album is a decent album.

That I might mistake for Death Metal, if I didn't know enough about Death Metal. I wouldn't call it Black Metal, because it lacks the Black Metal staples.

And yeah, I'd prefer being able to add in those bits myself, the problem is that people could make up any old genre shit and get it posted, lazy admins are lazy.
True.

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 9:18pm

EpiExplorer wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:48pm :
Well, first bit's not true, they're heavily into short polyrhythms, key changes, polymeters on occasion, which leads to the djent association (they're on got-djent afterall), often their riffs are deceptively complicated or hard to get right. Subtleties, mah boi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-4gxhAWRw&feature =related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxQBH-fYOYs&feature =related

1) I was being tongue-in-cheek. 2) I get all that. 3) For the most part, they've escaped the "Djent" label. Also, see my blog about why I don't like the term "Djent".

Honestly, part of why I like Sybreed is because of those hidden subtleties. Their very complex in rhythm, but they kind of lack in melody. To me, progressive has a bit more melody. I'd call them technical, if anything. But that's just me being semantic.

(It cut me short. See comment 2.)

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 7:13pm

EpiExplorer wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 10:19am :
When doing reviews for UG, the admins/editors/peer reviewers (cough cough) research the dates and genre's themselves without input from the reviewer. I'd personally classify Sybreed as some kind of industrial/electronic metal. Progressive metal could be added, if we're feeling generous, they've got prog bits all over their discography.
They've about as many prog elements as Metallica. /shrug

That said, it's annoying that the writer of the review doesn't get any genre input. I'd personally call them industrial metal.

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 4:12am

All due respect, man, but how do you justify calling Sybreed's "GIAA" melodic death metal OR progressive metal?

slipknot836 wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 6:50pm

I see you've viewed my profile x) Don't be afraid to say hi dude. I see you like Machine Head!

vppark2 wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 4:33pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-vZRGK4FbI&feature =g-all-u this is beyond amazing, great reason to love metalcore now. metalcore album of the yr by far.

Primus2112 wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 5:16am

You aint heard nothin':

What do kids these days see in this..

at least it's kinda cool, like in the way that you can groove to it and stuff

shinedown is just like "HELL YEAH THE ARMY RULES BRO, AND PARENTS DON'T UNDERSTAND BRO, LIKE EVEN THE MAN IN THE MOON KNOWS. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN', DON'T YOU MOON MAN? YEAH, YOU KNOW."

krvolok wrote on Aug 25th, 2012 8:35pm

Ever heard anything from SA's 'Alone'?
In any case, I just came back from my vacation/holiday/relaxation week, and wanted to say hi and ask if you got rid of all of those damned foreign athletes?

The Spoon wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 4:06am

EpiExplorer wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:21am :
Sorry it took a while to respond, but thankyou Mr Spoon c:

Not a problem!

theogonia777 wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 4:10am

teh nu fase lis albem wuz mega shit lololol

The Spoon wrote on Aug 14th, 2012 11:29pm

For what it's worth, I think you're a pretty reasonable person and you can verbalize why you don't like something pretty well. Even when I disagree, I like your posts. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Scowmoo wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 3:43am

EpiExplorer wrote on Jul 10th, 2012 at 3:44pm :
Success! Now take this pill. DO YOU FEEL DIFFERENT.

..Now one of my ears turned into a potato. Is this normal, Doc?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next