ECistheBest

ECistheBest's Profile Comments

milsou wrote on Dec 7th, 2014 8:23am

This app : http://apps.facebook.com/mymusic_only/viewSong.php ?id=3 seems to be right

gutu wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 5:46pm

hahahh exactly that 1 thanks man, as you can see i don't chech my profile much either xD

dsss guitars wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 8:57am

Just popped by to say hi..........you know i should write songs.

gutu wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 9:25am

Hey, do you have the link for the strat lovers forum??? i lost, and i can't seem to find it... hheheheh i remember reading when you where still waiting for your strat neck with nothing written on... anyway if you find the link lemme know plz (your strats look soooo good btw)

kutless999 wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 2:42am

Nice looking pedals and amps. :cheers:

Reincaster wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 4:06pm

Hey shot, could you peek at ta windsor schematic and provide some guidance on adding a clean channel? I've looked around online, but no one seems to want to let their secrets go for free. I may pick up another windsor (I sold my first one) so I can mod it for a clean channel.

Reincaster wrote on May 24th, 2011 7:02am

Hey... so wanna trade amp guts?

gutu wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 9:08pm

Hey man, need your help(i'm on the strat lovers threat)
btw goodluck on ur pedals.

WtrPlyr wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 10:27am

I'll try tonight, but I didn't get any signal at all. It's been a while since I made it so I don't really remember, but it looks messy too and shit.

WtrPlyr wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 9:19am

It's an outputbuffer for your wah that makes it work well before a fuzz pedal.
Schematic: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/enrulado/W ah-FuzzEnablerlayout.jpg
Layout: http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/alfalfasp rout69/Forum%20Posts/f-ROXwahbufferschem.gif

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/bb/9d/4943fdc781602feb3ca4407 bf481.jpg

I tried building it myself but it didn't work.

WtrPlyr wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 9:03am

Shot, do you think you can make me a Foxrox wah buffer?

TheWho2 wrote on Sep 20th, 2010 12:12am

yo, Eric Clapton is the best!!

CECamps wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 3:03pm

ECistheBest wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:28am :
ohhhh ok. but it's a 5751 though. in particular, it's the JAN Phillips 5751 for the driving stage, cathode follower is a sovtek 5751...

The 5751 should carry the same spec. The JAN will take that no problem. Not sure about the Sovtek, but honestly, I can't see it as being an issue with most tubes. That kind of voltage differential is par for the course when you're dealing with a CF.

CECamps wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 1:20pm

Hey Shot, I got your PM but am on my phone and can't PM you back. So I'm going to answer you here.

Most 12AX7 datasheets specify that the heaters can be +100v/-200v with respect to the cathode voltage. In your case, from your calculations the heater is about -160v with respect to the cathode which is 40v within spec. So you're fine, no worries.

MonkeyLink07 wrote on May 29th, 2010 3:41pm

Hey Shot, I saw your post in the Ultimate-Wiring thread, and there are some mid cuts on this page:

And maybe a dual ganged pot with a bass cut on one set and a treble cut on the other set of lugs.

makingfun wrote on Apr 19th, 2010 9:33pm

http://apps.facebook.com/mymusic_only/viewSong.php ?id=3
Please Rate My Song with 5 points!
im really want to earn this 10,000$ just help me please...

CECamps wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 11:41am

ECistheBest wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 11:55pm :
alright thanks for the advice on the chassis dimensions.

you know, do you think it's wise to order the caps/resistors first, then get a blank board + turrets and have a real size caps/resistors to map out the layout on the board? i'm not so sure how much space i'll need between the components. and i'd want to keep that at a minimum, without causing any shorts. (i'm drawing my circuit board layout right now)

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what I'd recommend you do. I always draw my board layouts to scale and then use the drawing as a drilling template. I verify my spacing by placing the physical parts on the template and adjusting things as necessary.

CECamps wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 12:55pm

ECistheBest wrote on Apr 13th, 2010 at 11:46pm :
it's gonna be a combo amp, much like those tweed amps, the chassis open on the back of the amp, with transformers standing towards the speakers. tubes will be hanging down, and the control knobs on the top. I'm guessing i wouldn't need a huge chassis since the turret board is gonna be like 3" x 10". i don't really want too much "fudge room" since it'll make things look either ugly, or everything everywhere. i'm used to soldering wires and bending wires from pedal building. but it's my first amp. i just don't know what "bit" large would mean. i was gonna see how big some of their kits' chassis are.

In that case, I'd say about 16x7x2.5 would probably be good.

CECamps wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 3:09am

ECistheBest wrote on Apr 12th, 2010 at 10:59pm :
thanks craig. i'll be sure to post clear pics so you can find anywhere that i do wrong. haha!

can you give me any pointers about chassis layout/dimensions though? I got weber to offer me to make a custom chassis, but I gotta come up with the exact dimensions for it.

How much fudge room do you want? On a first build, I'd recommend going a bit large to make things easier. You can space things out more and have more room for the learning experience.

Also, is this a head or combo? How will it mount in whatever cab it's going to go in?

CECamps wrote on Apr 13th, 2010 3:53am

ECistheBest wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 at 9:13pm :
sweet, thanks craig!

i think i'll build it with my specs i have right now. the heaters are only regulated with an artificial center tap right now. i'll see if my amp has any obvious hum after i build it. (hopefully not) if it has any hum, i need to think of more ways to get it quieter.

i'm thinking if i turn it up all the way, it'll clip pretty wildly... i have to regulate that part when i get to play with it. can't really expect every detail at the moment. but i do have the voltage dividers after most gain stages so yea. thanks craig!

No problem, I think you have a nice starting point for your build. Good luck with it and keep me posted on the progress!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next