Dreadnought

Dreadnought's Profile Comments

Pastafarian96 wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 2:03am

Dreadnought wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:36am :

Also it was all red two days ago

Pastafarian96 wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 1:53am

Dreadnought wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:36am :
All of this green does not look familiar. I may have accidentally clicked your name on my phone, and then clicked 'back' before the profile loaded :
That I can completely understand.

Pastafarian96 wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 6:12pm

visiting my page normally or has the profile view bug caught you too?

NeoMvsEu wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 3:20am

Dreadnought wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:18pm :
Trying to figure a clever way around these Asian spambots
Oh my gosh... @.@ They're dreadful. I was thinking to suggest to the higher-ups that non-Latin non-punctuation should be banned, but then that would lead to spambots that look ever more innocuous. Is there some sort of blanket ban of username types or IPs, or is it more than one IP that attacks?

NeoMvsEu wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 2:22am

Dreadnought wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:10pm :
Wuddup yo
The temperatures, unfortunately! Hoping to move to the north quarter of the globe eventually... :P what's up with you?

NeoMvsEu wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 1:06am

Hello, dear mod lurker :)

bargaoanamiha wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 8:10pm

hei man, create a tab on paper doll please. i dont know http://search.warnerchappellpm.com/onepage/afc7a4f 4052c68e0b4a293cfd8c82fd0

The Madcap wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 5:25pm

You've reached your message limit, so that's why I couldn't get a message to you.

Anyways, I went more into detail, but I was wondering if you could give me some advice on getting a weekly routine for exercise and diet? The more specific the better. I've been way too lazy this semester (with everything, health, school, guitar playing, etc.) and I want to use the christmas break to get in shape, both physically, musically and just getting out more.

But I don't know anything about fitness, and you're in shape like a motherfucker. All I have access to is a small fitness center at my apartment complex. Just the standard equipment; Treadmills, weights, etc.

Help a bro out?

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 7:22pm

Dreadnought wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:25am :
my favorite being CGCFAE (do not know the chord name for this, moderately complicated)

I'd probably want to call that C6add11 since it has C6 (CEGA) with the 4th (11th) added. If it had a 7th (Bb) it would be a C13. Actually, it has all of the same degrees as Don Helms's famous E6 tuning (1, 3, 4 (11), 5, 6). Steel guitar tunings are sort of weird though because they often have a note or two that are not in the name. For example, the standard Nashville E9 pedal steel tuning has a D#, which is the major 7th, and the standard pedal steel C6 has an F like your tuning.

FM9 would also work I think (FAC is the major triad, E is the M7th, and G is the 2nd (9th)).

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 1:34am

The problem with non-pedal steel is that there are thousands of different tunings out there, ranging from straight major tunings (usually D, E, G, A) to basic extended tunings like C6, A6, E6/13, and E7 to various diatonic tunings to all kinds of bizarre things.

As a result, many players like to sit down and mess with dozens of different tunings without ever learning more than a tune and a couple of licks in each of them. Knowing your scale shapes and more importantly basic chord voicings and all of their inversions is key to any string instrument, so if you spend all your time switching tunings, you never really get to know any of them.

Though it is very interesting (and efficient as far as time goes) to, rather than learn many tunings, just sit down and put the harmonic possibilities on paper and then try and figure out how to get those sort of voicings and licks on a more familiar or common tuning.

theogonia777 wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 3:18pm

I remember that you were talking about all your "alternative" tunings one time. Can you tell me a bit more about those? As a steel guitar player I'm naturally limited harmonically to whatever the open notes can provide (slants really are generally not practical for anything more than diads), and so I am always interested in new tunings.

Like for example, the standard C6 tuning (CEGACE) provides 3 inversions of the CM and Am triads in the open position as well several inversions of C6 and Am7 (though due to the ordering of strings it focuses more on C6 than Am7).

On the other hand, the tuning can't produce any sort of dominant 7th voicings without slanting or bending the C string (and neither of those are particularly practical), though by omitting the C you still get the 5th, b7th, and root notes of an A7 and so when played over an A7 that can prove effective.

And so the tunings used for non-pedal steel guitar are carefully selected to provide the necessary chords for that particular occasion.

Xiaoxi wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 5:35pm

Dreadnought wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:07pm :
Hah, thanks, I feel like an idiot now after knowing the answer to my first question. How easy.

I do have an IM, but I'll be out of the country extremely soon so there's no point in me getting it.

For the next few months, are you alright with me asking you any questions on here, if I have any, about Sibelius?

Many thanks!
Of course man. Where you going?

Xiaoxi wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 2:11am

Oh yea all those are very easy to do.

More than one notes (chord): make a note is highlighted (click on it), and then add another note above/below it. If it's not highlighted, it will be written over.

Not sure what you mean in the second question.

Are you on any IM's? It'll be easier to communicate that way. I'm in the middle of moving right now but we can tackle this fully in a few days!

Xiaoxi wrote on Jun 23rd, 2012 8:27am

Dreadnought wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:25pm :
The Madcap wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:37pm :Well, I don't have either on my computer, but at my school we have Finale. I took a class where they taught me to do the basics on Finale. I know enough to do all the average stuff like slurs, ties, layering etc.

But truth is unless if I'm working on something simple, where it's just one voice or something, I just prefer to handwrite the old fashion way. Layering can become annoying after a while in Finale.

Ah alright then. I asked because I've endeavored to legitimately transcribe some of my pieces, instead of their half-assed powertab versions, and Sibelius has a pretty steep learning curve. Was gonna ask for tipz
Totally evesdropping, but I can give da tipz. Using Sibelius though. I can walk you through it. It's much easier than Finale in the long run, trust me.

The Madcap wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 6:37am

Dreadnought wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:35pm :
Do you use either Sibelius or Finale in any of your studies, for composition?

The Madcap wrote on Jun 16th, 2012 7:11am

Dreadnought wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:49pm :
I guess I'll try and do it by ear. There are some pretty clear videos of her playing it. I'm alright at figuring things out by ear as I've had a lot of practice with it, but my teacher is a complete beast with that stuff and can fix a ton of the smallest errors.

The Madcap wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 4:14am

I decided to listen to Xuefei Yang and the "Dance Of The Yi People" track since I've heard you say good things about it.

Shit was awesome. From what I understand, her arrangement isn't published, but I was wondering if you happen to have any sheet music or anything for it?

Draken wrote on May 27th, 2012 7:39pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK2Lx_gSr5k In honour of your new abode sah!

Controlpanel wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 12:10am

the sheild is back..day is better.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next