Dave_Mc

Dave_Mc's Profile Comments

MaggaraMarine wrote on May 31st, 2014 4:47pm

Dave_Mc wrote on May 29th, 2014 at 10:27pm :

TL;DNR: Is Lay it Down by Ratt's riff I, V bVI bVII or I, II, III bVII?

I would ignore the sus2 and sus4 chords and just listen to the overall harmony. I would analyze the whole first bar as I chord and the next bar is bVI-bVII. Not every power chord has a function. The "A5" to me sounds like a Dsus2 and doesn't really have a dominant function (that's just my ears). It still sounds like D major to me and that may be because the bass plays D all the time.

And yeah, you are listening to the highest note in the chords. It is a bVI (Bb) chord with F as the highest note.

Fryer Mike wrote on Apr 10th, 2014 8:55pm

Dave_Mc wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:30am :
Haha no worries, I was just checking your profile to see where you were in the world (as that affects prices for guitar kit like Floyds).

And yeah I probably do sound pretty American, I watch way too much American TV :haha Though Irish/Northern Irish (and even Scottish, which influences a lot of Northern Irish English) English is probably a lot closer to American English than English English is, too, so that probably explains it a little too.

Sorry bro I just logged on for the first time in ages.... I dont remember what is in response to! But in any case.... good to know! You seem like a smart dude.

Spambot_2 wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 1:34pm

Hey Dave, just out of curiosity, does that "haunting mids" means you haunt them to take them out or to get them?

Fryer Mike wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 9:11pm

I see you took a look at my profile! Don't judge, I haven't done anything to it since I first got on this site. You're an Irishman? Nice, I've got Scottish roots.

you seem very American, no offence. Ahahah

jimbob78 wrote on May 30th, 2012 4:17pm

Good to see you're still on here mate. You have some sense. I go through phases on this site. Maybe I'm getting too old to be on here!

CharlieSlyster wrote on Oct 29th, 2011 2:11am

Thanks for accepting! :-)

CharlieSlyster wrote on Oct 29th, 2011 2:10am

Thanks for accepting! http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/i/smilies/cheer s.gif

Wolfinator-x wrote on Aug 14th, 2011 10:18pm

80s metal FTW!

kutless999 wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 3:04am

Does roc respond to pm's?

kutless999 wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 6:53pm

Dave_Mc wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 2:47pm :
haha yeah i saw that last night
Yeah, he's a nice guy. :)

kutless999 wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 6:11pm

Hey Dave, check out post # 28750 in the WTLT thread. DBD gave me a nice comment. :)

GuitarGeekAGard wrote on May 17th, 2011 6:03pm

hi its me from the metal grunge forum whats your opinion on this

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/jackson-dk2t-dinky-trans-b lack/20450

Ibanez20th wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 8:53pm

Yeah. I'm currently looking to upgrade my bass (I need a 5 string) and my electric guitar. Basswood no longer suits me. I prefer more detail to work with in a guitar now.

Ibanez20th wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 2:22am

Word i'm in school now so i'm far too busy for much time on the web. Once i get work i'm satisfied with i'll show you some. Everything i've done so far has been tossaway shit musicality wise.

Mesa Mark V is so killer man. I've really got it rocking now.

Ibanez20th wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 7:05am

Dave,

Wats good man.

archenemyfan wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 7:13pm

Dave_Mc wrote on Dec 18th, 2010 at 6:36pm :
Thanks for the comments about my playing... I only noticed you'd posted just now, which is why I didn't answer sooner.

haha no problem dave..and your welcome

adstr123 wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 9:41pm

Dave_Mc wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 7:09pm :
I have a miracle man bridge/cold sweat neck combo. Most of the guys over at the bareknuckle forum will have tried a lot more than I have.

Cool, and what kinda stuff do usually play? Yeah, I'll try there too.

Sorry for the late response last time by the way. I just... kept forgetting. :haha: But it was really helpful man, thanks.

adstr123 wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 4:09pm

Dave_Mc wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 5:38pm :
There are plenty of manufacturers in the UK (I haven't tried them all) who make handwound pickups for a similar amount of money to that, often even less, and certainly based on the handwound/scatterwound pickups I have tried, I vastly prefer them and think they're noticeably better. Things like bareknuckle, bulldog, shed, rockmonkey (he has a UG member discount), catswhisker, wizard, etc. etc. I've only tried bareknuckle out of those

Regarding the neck pickup versus bridge pickup, the neck pickup will generally be louder than the bridge pickup, because the strings vibrate more at the neck position than the bridge position.

Cool, thanks for those names man, bareknuckle and rockmonkey look awesome! I didn't even know about this stuff :)

Okay, thanks for that too, wasn't aware of that.

I'm looking into a set of bareknuckles now, which ones do you have?

adstr123 wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 10:47pm

Hey man, sinceyou were the only one who replied on my thread about new pups I figured I might as well just come straight here for advice...

You say you can get better pickups than SDs for cheaper? Such as?

And also you say don't put a higher output pickup in the neck unless you know what you're doing? Why?

Duffman123 wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 6:28pm

Cheers for the quick reply, I will email them now. :cheers:

Will I take it to the main electric guitar shop to get it set -up, and how long does it usually take?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next