Darkshade666

Darkshade666's Profile Comments

Kumanji wrote on Dec 15th, 2010 10:07pm

Darkshade666 wrote on Dec 15th, 2010 at 9:33pm :
Tremendous work on the Israel-Palestine thread. Over my four and a half years at UG, I learned to keep my mouth shut about the subject because people are narrow-minded. You've basically summarized pretty much anything I wanted to say.

Pff sometimes people need a bloody good dose of perspective.

Glad someone agrees, lad.

Andragon wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 4:20pm

UdeM eh? Je suis allé en université pour juste une année.. mais a mon avis, la différence est grande! Ben surtout tu aimeras les fêtes surprises :P

Andragon wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 3:24am

Oui oui bon idée :P je vais a Georgian au nord de Toronto.. et toi?

Andragon wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 5:34am

Alors tes chansons d'In Flames sont de haute qualité.. semblent superbes :)

DTA wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 5:18pm

I'm doing great... Thanks... What are you up to these days?
Faris
The Rock Band D.T.A=Doors To Aspiration.
The New Revolution. Speak Your Mind and Stand Up For Your Rights.

Beefmo wrote on May 29th, 2010 5:03pm

Artifacts of the black rain sounds better, rhythm tone is mucho improved, dial back the high end a bit though, and make sure you're using a low pass filter at about 10-12k so you get less of that nasty fizz.

Kick sound is about right for the song, I'd change the snare personally it's a bit flat sounding and the cymbals are a bit nasty.

Other than that its just a matter of getting your guitars and bass sitting well together, you might want to dirty up your bass a little with some distortion.

ApexMACHINE wrote on May 22nd, 2010 12:40am

Your "Come Clarity" cover is almost indistinguishable (<<<HOLY CRAP) from the original. EXCELLENT guitar playing. In fact, all of your covers are absolutely spot on. Now lets hear some originals!!!

Beefmo wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 5:29pm

Lead tones arent entirely my forte at the moment but I will try my best to help you out here.

Back off the reverb a bit, its slightly too prominent for the song, the In Flames original is more forward sounding, in terms of actual tone you're in the ballpark definitely, more so than the rhythm guits, which are slightly muddy and could be the cause of the leads not sitting how you want them (mixing really is all about balance so getting the other parts right first is essential). Mixing a delay in very slightly, 1/4 or 1/8th note at the tempo depending on what sounds best, will thicken things up, take the mids up more than you do on your rhythm tone obviously and use the neck pickup (sounds like you're both these already). If theres still a problem after all that you could automate in the levels for the lead guitar, or perhaps compress it slightly to get it sitting more evenly.

I-am-Slash wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 10:56pm

FOR ANYONE WHO HATES POP 'MUSIC'

thrashman wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 9:23pm

Such a clean and clear sound, exactly the kind of music/recording style I like! You should do some originals.

CatharsisStudio wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 6:01pm

digging the clips :D i love that highhat sound. bring more out of that kick with a limiter compressor and a highpass

chaseNbadguys wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 1:59am

I just took a look at it, I dont think it will be that hard, you dont have to do any position changes in any of the riffs.