CorduroyEW

CorduroyEW's Profile Comments

PabloGilberto wrote on Jun 14th, 2011 4:59pm

Hi Cord,
Seen you do custom pickups... no chance you could quote me for some high gain 8 string pickups (if you can make them?). They'd be for an Agile 828 Septor, natural.
much appreciated!
Feel free to email me @ FullMetalJacket_2003@Hotmail.com
Mike

57tvjr wrote on May 17th, 2011 6:30pm

CorduroyEW wrote on May 15th, 2011 at 5:43am :
Thanks, Yeah, I read corduroy to my kids too and my oldest kid reads it to her kid. Wow I feel old LOL

No such thing as old ...just experienced

57tvjr wrote on May 13th, 2011 6:39pm

Nice, diverse stuff CorduroyEW. Hope I run across some of your way cool products.

I remember reading "Corduroy" to my kids - bet you read it too ...maybe. "bout the same age.

Stay with it. We need you out there.

Nutter_101 wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 3:57pm

Hey,

I saw in an old thread that you've used the Evo-stik wood adhesive (green bottle) for guitars in the past - did it all work as planned? I've run out of titebond but got a lot of that and was wondering if it would be suitable.

Cheers

Cflobucket wrote on May 21st, 2010 12:54am

Thanks man, I'm actually really interested in that Dirty Twangbanger (Because 1) It has an epic name and 2) It will fill my needs).

I actually searched up the Dirty Twangbanger on google in search for your website, is this the one?

What I love about it is that it's not active, because the idea of using a 9volt battery in my guitar just seems... Well... for some reason it annoys me.

Anyways, I have no clue how to install pickups or replace them and the likes, but I have no job (I'm still in high school) but I'm saving up. I just need a bridge pickup so it looks like I'll need 140 bucks.

Cflobucket wrote on May 20th, 2010 1:22am

Hmm.. I'm currently broke, but at least I know about how much I need to save up for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqw9DktF2o (3:12, the chug chug chug sound.)

Let me know if it works.

Cflobucket wrote on May 19th, 2010 1:30am

Hey man, I was wondering how much one of your rock monkey warm heritage pickups go for? I was deciding whether to get that or a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup to put on my Jackson DK2M (Basswood body) played through my Peavey Vypyr 15W.

The thing is, I want to also be able to play good clean tones while maintaining a good chunky metal sound to replace my Dimebucker and get a tone like in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqw9DktF2o @ 3:11, the beefy "chunk chunk chunk" sound)

Or maybe like the tone the guitarist has when he solo's in Holy Diver by Dio, the chunky beefy tone around the 03:51 mark.

Thanks for checking my comment!

jimtaka wrote on Feb 20th, 2010 6:13pm

Hey, Chris. Check this thread out if you have a minute...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1278466

Interested to hear your opinion on this. I haven't ever run into this sort of thing.

CorduroyEWa wrote on Feb 12th, 2010 5:35pm

guitar_slinger8 wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 at 6:40pm :
hey cord!!
Just wondering how the pups are coming along?

It shipped out yesterday so you should have them in a couple weeks. Canada customs are slower than most countries so it may take as long as 3 weeks.

guitar_slinger8 wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 12:40am

hey cord!!
Just wondering how the pups are coming along?

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 10:41pm

Hmm...I doubt I have the receipt still, but I'll take a look around. Didn't know that about 1st class, I hope it's true, haha.

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 5:31pm

Holy crap! How did the leads get clipped? That is crazy...
I thought I had enough packaging to keep it from being damaged. Shoot.

Well, I appreciate it. Next time I ship anything your way, I'll look a bit harder for an appropriate box, I just wasn't able to find one.

I actually am considering shipping my Strat pickups back to you, and buying either the same improved shellac treatment or a wax potting. They just don't handle the gain/volume levels I play at as well as humbuckers. They're not microphonic like that bridge pickup was, I just feel that feedback reduction could be a little improved.

CorduroyEWa wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 2:00pm

Sorry for the slow response, I've been in hospital and haven't had access to emails or my workshop. That's why I haven't been posting on UG either. I'm now just starting to get everything worked out and catch up on emails.

Rabid Gerry wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 4:45pm

test

Rabid Gerry wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 4:38pm

Still trying to get in touch with you about my pickups Chris. I sent them ages ago and you aint got back to me about whether or not you have recieved them or not so I'm sorry to keep having to hassle you like this but I did pay good money for them in the first place and I did offer to pay for you to fix the microphonics so I don't know what the problem is???

Get in touch asap

kyle62 wrote on Sep 24th, 2009 6:57am

Chris,

Good news; I've managed to repair the Dirty Box Of Fun!
The cause of the rattling was a rectifier tube socket that'd come completely loose from the chassis. The tube itself had probably come unseated, that'd explain the loss of output. Glad it didn't turn out to be the OT as I'd feared. Your handiwork is spot on by the way - the inside of the amp looks flawless.

Having seen the simplicity of the circuit I'm tempted to have a go at a few basic mods myself! Is there any way of jumpering the two channels for more gain, Plexi style?

Really pleased to see my banner on your site too - if you ever want any other design doing give me a shout, on the house.

I'll PM you my address so you can send me the name badge; in return I'll get a few more soundclips recorded in different styles, and send you a CD at the first opportunity.

All the best
Kyle

aaronni wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 7:58pm

Been struggling to find time to play but I'm liking what I've heard so far. Bridge pickup seems to suit me a lot better in particular. Really enjoying them so far, I'll write the reviews before the end of the week before I'm back to uni, definitely recommend them to anybody, cheers

kyle62 wrote on Sep 10th, 2009 6:55pm

Chris,

Cheers; I'm fairly skint at the moment but if it can't be fixed there and then, I'll sort something out. I assume the glorious simplicity of the circuit makes it easier to work on?

I reckon the G12H sounds perfect - we'll try it in the cab and if it sounds good maybe work out a part ex for my Mojo V30.

Everyone in the band is suffering from swine flu at the moment but I'll probably be down next week - the borrowed Marshall JVM I'm gigging with at the moment really lacks the vintage mojo of the DBOF...

All the best
Kyle

aaronni wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 10:04pm

Hey Cord, just to let you know I finally got my pickups in. I'll write a few reviews around the next few days. Can't say how they sound yet, I've no strings lol

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 read next