CECamps

CECamps's Profile Comments

Offworld92 wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 10:13am

Have you had a chance to play a few cheaper Ibanezes? I'm just curious if you have an opinion on the Prestige necks vs say a Wizard II or Wizard III.

Robbgnarly wrote on Aug 5th, 2012 2:53pm

hey man hows the amp buisness going?

I just have a quick question for you. Do you mod amps at all? If you do I might be interested in having you mod a JCM2000 DSL100 I just bought. And if not do you know of any sites that have reputable scematics for doing mods on these.

Just figured I ask since you grew up right down the road from me, and I'd rather give my buisness to you.

metalhead352 wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 2:50am

hey, I just found out about your amps, and wanted to tell you what an awesome job youve done designing and building them. I've always wanted to have some kind of job like this, even if it's just on the side. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to picking up a brigand someday. :)

valennic wrote on Sep 1st, 2011 3:59pm

CECamps wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 8:29pm :
If you don't mind, I'd really prefer to discuss this type of thing over PM or email. You can PM me your email if you'd like.

Cleaned up my inbox, go ahead and shoot me that message :cheers:

valennic wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 1:26pm

CECamps wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:44pm :
Hey Nick, I tried to PM you back but it seems your inbox is full.

Damn, can you just put what you were going to send in a comment? I have a loooot of messages to sort through for deletion, if you'd prefer to PM it, gimme a little while and I'll clear up some space :cheers:

baby41love wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 5:54pm

Hello with love,

How is every thing with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile. I really want to have a good friendship with you. Beside i have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site. I will be very happy, If you can get back to me through my e-mail (faith4turelove@yahoo.com) So we can get to know each other better and i well give you my pictures and also tell you more about me ok.

Please write me here (faith4turelove@yahoo.com)

Note: My native language is English so i will appreciate you writing to me in English.

Sincerely
Miss faith.

WaltTheWerewolf wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 5:44am

just Noticed your logo on your amps...Was it inspired by the Delorean Logo, and this definately wasnt an insult:) Also you have crafted a beautiful sounding amp with the Suckerpunch15!

SwampAshSpecial wrote on Jul 14th, 2010 5:34pm

Thanks a lot for your help yesterday, but Fryette say they won't release schematics to anyone except authorized repair centers - they have offered to help me out though, so hopefully they'll be able to tell me what to do.

ECistheBest wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 6:46am

hey craig, how do you bolt on your chassis to the rear panel on your amps? i've thought of a few ways to secure it, but i'm wondering what would be the most secure and the most accessible way to do it. accessible, meaning not too hard to put it on. hopefully less likely for me to mess up on the drilling process. haha.

ECistheBest wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 7:50pm

CECamps wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 6:03am :
The 5751 should carry the same spec. The JAN will take that no problem. Not sure about the Sovtek, but honestly, I can't see it as being an issue with most tubes. That kind of voltage differential is par for the course when you're dealing with a CF.

awesome! thanks craig!

ECistheBest wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 1:28pm

CECamps wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 4:20am :
Hey Shot, I got your PM but am on my phone and can't PM you back. So I'm going to answer you here.

Most 12AX7 datasheets specify that the heaters can be +100v/-200v with respect to the cathode voltage. In your case, from your calculations the heater is about -160v with respect to the cathode which is 40v within spec. So you're fine, no worries.

ohhhh ok. but it's a 5751 though. in particular, it's the JAN Phillips 5751 for the driving stage, cathode follower is a sovtek 5751...

forsaknazrael wrote on May 18th, 2010 3:07am

Just got your PM, I'm on my phone so PMs don't work so imma just reply here.

Were you referring to the screen resistors? Or R26?

forsaknazrael wrote on May 12th, 2010 9:15pm

just wanted to stop by an say that the Suckerpunch vid sounded great! I really like the little riffage Shain gets going on at around 1:30.

AcousticMirror wrote on May 11th, 2010 11:20pm

craig,
Not trying to achieve anything...it just hasn't been done.
come on be an innovator. design the circuit in your free time.
ef86 tubes are getting better every day. some of the new ones are really good.

5751 - ef86 - ef86 - 6l6 - 6l6 - 5ar = crazy delicious.

AngryGoldfish wrote on May 11th, 2010 3:51pm

I think these clips are even better. It was definitely a worthwhile trip heading into the studio. ;)

AcousticMirror wrote on May 11th, 2010 9:35am

craig I need a 30 watt amp powered by 2 6l6s with a cascade gain stage consisting of only ef86s.

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on May 11th, 2010 5:31am

Great stuff Craig!

All of your clips so far sound great. Glad to see you are off to such a great start.
:cheers:
311

forsaknazrael wrote on May 4th, 2010 2:44am

Hey, haven't gotten a chance to get inside the VTM, but is it possible in the VTM for one of the power tubes to have a different bias than the other?
I only have a resistor on one tube of mine, so I do not know if this is the case for my amp, but I had read this for another VTM user's experience at HCAF.
I do not know if he corrected the voltage divider when he added a bias pot, so maybe that's it, but I just wanted to ask you if I should add another 1 ohm resistor on the other tube so I can check if it's okay, or if this would be useless OCD worrying...haha.

ECistheBest wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 5:55am

alright thanks for the advice on the chassis dimensions.

you know, do you think it's wise to order the caps/resistors first, then get a blank board + turrets and have a real size caps/resistors to map out the layout on the board? i'm not so sure how much space i'll need between the components. and i'd want to keep that at a minimum, without causing any shorts. (i'm drawing my circuit board layout right now)

forsaknazrael wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 6:28pm

CECamps wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 9:04am :
Tubes must be in and the amp of course must be connected to a speaker load. So you'd need to remove the chassis from the enclosure, locate the measurement points, and very carefully measure the voltages at those points with the amp powered on.

If you've never measured potentially lethal voltages before, I would recommend becoming intimately familiar with all necessary safety precautions. I can't stress that enough.
oh yeah, no worries. I've been modding this amp a bit, so I always drain caps first and have one in my pocket, etc...I'll let you know once I get some readings. :)

1 2 read next