Broadsword

Broadsword's Profile Comments

CasualSex wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 2:00am

Autumnal Moments is easily one of the best black metal songs I've ever heard.
Great job.

Tir Nan Og wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 5:31am

Thank you so much for tabin' Alcest!

MrPeeweelicious wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 2:14am

hey, can you make a tab for owl city's vanilla twilight instrumental version, thanks

Nightfaux wrote on Mar 13th, 2011 10:34pm

Thanks for the Watchers Monolith tab, its perfect!

Can you please tab Into the Painted Gray? I'd love you forever.

FoulIncantation wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 11:13pm

hey dude i actually just listened to some of the songs you have up, there amazing, love the atmosphere! just wondering are you planning on actually releasing an album or ep or anything like that?, because i would definitely love to buy it!

Emenius Sleepus wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 4:36am

Broadsword wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 1:15pm :
Never heard of em, but I'll give the band a listen! As for last.fm, nah. I never got onboard the online music listening sites, although I do use it on occasion to find similar bands.

ah fair enough; their album Resplendent Grotesque is considered as the better of the two, but they're both good for their own reasons. One of the reasons I asked apart from the usual is I had someone that was looking for you add me instead on there lol; either way - let me know what you think of Code

Emenius Sleepus wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 10:43pm

Hey mate; how's things? Here's a question; do you listen to Code (or <code> as they're spelled sometimes). Quite an interesting project, I think. Don't know if it's entirely your thing but give em a shot anyway.

Also do you happen to have a last.fm acct?

FoulIncantation wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 11:02pm

Thanks so much man! really appreciate it, this was personally one of my favorite albums of last year, thanks so much for tabbing it out, it sounds very close! ill give you a 5 star rating!

Cheers! :)

Emenius Sleepus wrote on Dec 10th, 2010 5:53pm

Broadsword wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 11:02am :
Hey mate, I dunno if you've heard it yet, but October Tide released a new album. Totally caught me by surprise, last I heard they were inactive. It's sounding pretty nice so far. Tobias from In Mourning does the vocals, and imo he sounds damn great.

hey man! sorry about the late reply :) I rarely check the comments here - pm's a bit more often though. yeah, the October Tide album caught me off guard too! I really enjoyed it, and more so because their second album didn't really move me, so for them to come back with a stronger effort is quite a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure if I have you on my lastfm, but add me if not - SilveryWaters is the user name. I check that fairly frequently as well

salsawords wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 5:24am

Nice songs! Light into Ash especially.

Nightfaux wrote on Oct 28th, 2010 5:49pm

Hey, thanks a lot for the fantastic Agalloch tabs. I've been waiting for someone to tab She Painted Fire forever so I'm really glad you did so. Your music is also very awesome and I can definitely hear the Agalloch influence. Thanks again!

HopeLeaves_35 wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 8:38am

Have you heard of Forest of Shadows? Swallow the Sun? pretty sure you have, check 'em out thoug if not.

Awesome music btw.

logboy wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 9:47am

Cheers for the crit. of my song man! :D

Going to try cleaning up the mix when the songs fully finished and we've laid vocals over it.

Burning_Angel wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 10:11pm

Broadsword wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 at 3:33am :
You can... but as a widely accepted rule of thumb, condenser mics are far better for acoustics and vocals. I have yet to try one, as I only have the one mic. You can use the SM57, and it will sound... just okay lol. I've done a handful of test recordings that have come off as passable.

Oh. Hmm. Well that's good to know. I suppose since I also will need vocals at some point, and the acoustics, I should probably get a good condenser mic as well... D'you know of any? :P

Burning_Angel wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 6:00am

Broadsword wrote on Aug 23rd, 2010 at 6:16pm :
Thanks man. Here's my rig in a nutshell: Amp > Shure SM57 (probably the most popular mic for micing guitar amps ever) > E-MU 0404 recording interface > Reaper (fucking great and free recording program). For drums I use Acoustica Beatcraft. Not the greatest drum program in the world but with EQing both in the drum program and in Reaper I can get them to sound managable. In total it's a fairly cheap setup, about $400, although I desperately need studio monitors instead of using cheapo earbuds to monitor...

Cheers!

Oh, nice. xD Thanks dude. I shall keep it all in mind/buy what I can of that I think, when I get the money. D'you also record acoustic guitars on Shure? [I assume yes, but wanna be sure... :p ]

Burning_Angel wrote on Aug 18th, 2010 7:54pm

Hey, I listened to your stuff. I was wondering, what program do you use for your drums? [if you program 'em that is...]

and what mic/recording set up do you use? [as in, do you use a usb mic, or have an actual interface to your computer?]

:p just wondering is all. The stuff sounds very good.

linfield4466 wrote on May 19th, 2010 2:46pm

Ah, so the tables have turned :p: -cracks knuckles-

Wombbath - Internal Caustic Torments
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Gorement - My Ending Quest
Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours (just making sure...)
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Crematory - Denial EP
Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

I can give you loads more if you just want Scandinavian death metal in general in the future (the entire scene sounds very similar; Sweden, Finland, and Norway alike)

metal7690 wrote on May 6th, 2010 2:37am

Broadsword wrote on May 5th, 2010 at 10:06pm :
Dude, those songs are pretty fucking righteous. Great job with the growls too!

Haha thanks man...and thanks for listening, it's appreciated. :cheers:

metal7690 wrote on May 5th, 2010 11:27pm

Hey man....I dunno if you remember a couple months ago I commented on how awesome your music was haha. I just uploaded some of my own stuff and thought it could be something you would enjoy...so if you want, have a listen and let me know what you think :D

linfield4466 wrote on Mar 6th, 2010 2:36pm

Haha no worries; all your recs seem to start out with captain obvious, then move on to the real meat, then run off on a tangent genre that isn't exactly what I'm looking for but is still good :) Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 read next