BluePaintCult

BluePaintCult's Profile Comments

icesk8erqueen8 wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 9:28am

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 1:08pm :
Thanks for the add, the mp3 on your profile sounds wonderful, i love it! you should check mine out too (im in the process of uploading more as we speak, but so far only 1 song is up because I just started uploading them )

thanks so much :D it's a rough sketch. i dont know if im going to do anything with it. though xD good luck to you and your recording though!

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 5:01pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:53am :
Oh, yes? What do you know of the salad station? Haha.
that i like

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 3:24pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:20am :
Hard to have too much fun when you're surrounded by heat and raw meats and work in one of the busiest restaurants in Wilmington, but considering Wednesdays are the slowest of the week, I did manage some fun (despite training this kid how to work the salad station) ;D

I hope you've made some musical progress in the last 20 hours!!!!??? Yahh? Yahh??
i love the salad station.
i'm just trying to set everything back up on this computer now.

RealGuitarHero wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 5:34am

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 10:42pm :
It's a great place to live, I work 1 mile down the road from UNCW. The best part is the proximity to the ocean, though. Downtown Wilmington is awesome as well.

Yeah I hear that. Almost went to college there.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 10:18pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 3:59pm :
Baha, well I work in hell's kitchen 5 days a week xD Obviously not the one you see on T.V though ;P

I can't waittttt! But for now, I'm off to cook food for the masses. Hasta!
have big big fun :)

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 9:44pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 2:56pm :
Oh, exciting. I hope it works, I'd love to hear more of your stuff uploaded

Guess I'll find out later when I get home from work, but alas, I've gotsta depart for hell's kitchen soon. Good luck, Emily!
i love hells kitchen.
yeah it seems to be working. <333333333

guess I can start slaving again on music

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 7:42pm

Baha, ramble away. I'll cross my fingers for your hex infested PC. I've always dreamed of what I could do with a piano in my music, you're lucky to have anything at all! Just curious, what are you in school for?
It seems to be working. Now to just get the drive up and running. :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

fashion design.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 5:28pm

Lol, thanks. though, I want to record more fancy dancy stuff with them. more leads and solo-like stuff. I mean, whenever I'm listening to some kinds of music I'm just like "if only they put an awesome synth solo right there" so I might as well do it myself. I have some like solo-piano/ piano-driven things I'd like to record too.

My piano isn't all that grand but I guess it'll get the job done. I'd like one of those high end ones so much. Not a real one but one of those like 1,000 dollar electric ones.

Oops. I'm rambling. A part for said brokey computer just got here today so if I'm really really really lucky, it'll finally work again. I'm trying not to get excited because chances are it won't work. but I can dream.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 9:06am

Oh I see. I usually start things then after a long period of time go back to them. Lately, I haven't really wrote on anything other than piano.. being technology-less and all. Come to think of it, it's probably all I write on either way. I don't usually write on guitars or anything like that. Well sometimes. But I like the pinanniano for it because it spreads everything out in my face.

also. i'm sure there's a way for you to change the files so you can upload them here. i've gotten the problem before too and would just re-export them as something else.

thanks for the comment. i didn't realize i had that many views on it. kind of sad how my picture views outweigh my music views even on a music site. they've slowed down since i put a big lock on my profile because random people don't realize how easy the combination is to guess.

RealGuitarHero wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 4:07am

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 7:26pm :
Even better you're in Greensboro! I lived there for a while, as well as Colfax right off Market Street (which connects Colfax and GBO)

Small world.

Nice man haha. I live in Adams Farm, It's off of High Point Road.
I know people who go to school at UNCW. I hear its nice

FunkasPuck wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 3:42am

we should all probably rise up and retake the board by force.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 11:05pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 4:37pm :
By the way, I think you'd most enjoy The Collapse Part 2 (from a musical standpoint, especially)

Give it a listen will ya? It's one of my personal favorites, at least ;D
Lol. yeah I liked. I listened to them all. So how many compositions do you have in total?
I think I have roughly 20,058.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 11:04pm

yeah. I agree. sometimes people are like "omg vocals plz" but it just doesn't suit everything. I have plenty of music that is made to have vocals but even in those, I usually like to base a lot of it on the instrumentation still rather than being all "omg 99% vocals 1% music". some of the versions of tracks up on my page have had vocals though. specifically Imprisoned Reflection. it was originally meant to have them so I might have some different versions of it - one being maybe similar to how it is now and another.

though, no need to worry lolol. I kind of didn't really pay attention to the lyrics a lot. The words aren't really what goes into my head when listening to music. I just listen to the melody. I don't remember anything negative so all is good :D

if you ever have a couple hundred dollars (to spare then it's worth looking into getting something better.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 9:40pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 3:37pm :
Ahh yeahhh, all the equipment involved in the recording of my music is, to say the least, utter garbage. I really wish I could get my hands on some quality stuff and re-record some of my songs, even my acoustic guitars have broken G string tuners and are currently out of commission. (Except the classical, at least I can still tune that one using a pair of pliers. Sadface, indeed.
Better than nothing. :]
money is tough. but nowadays it doesn't take much to get started. it's more about what how you use the gear than what it is. I've heard some people put together things that sounded super professional - as good as anything on the market and they'd be using nothing more than a 100 dollar interface.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 9:37pm

I've used it since uhh 2007 I think. Haven't noticed any changes since. I stopped posting on the forums a while ago though. Got tired of the community here.

Well it's a shame you have to hear those older versions. Though I'm not sure where you're at with production and all that because for people with the average ears, they probably wouldn't notice any big difference to the better mixed versions. But the ones uploaded on here bug me. I even set my profile to private so random people didn't hear them. lol.

I like writing. I just separate it from music. They can be nice, but a lot of genres I prefer vocals to be absent. Like every electronica genre.. Apart from like pop/ synthpop. Though I like some forms of that as instrumental too. but there are some exceptions. I like some basic vocals to be in spots. I want to add one for Simple Look Back. I kind of have a certain harmonized vocal line in my head for the chorus. Though, it probably wouldn't have lyrics. I also want to add a rad synth solo to it. Super.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 9:21pm

I listened to Ashiteru. It's very. Different. Not in a bad way. Just not something you normally hear on UG. xD It sounds to be put together quite well. Sounds good. I think the thing I like the most is the little guitar lick in between the vocal lines on the chorus. That sounds so neat.
Would love to hear it recorded with some fancy dancy stuff.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 9:18pm

Lol ooh. 9 years. that's quite a while. I do both fairly well, but I'm not as interested in lyrics. I'll release a vocal-album one of these days, but I've still got 900 other albums to do as well. I don't really pay attention to them that much in music unless I really really like the song. sometimes they can add on to it all and make you go ooooooo.

the issue with the computer I use for music is it has a hex on it so messes up all the time. I could write a 20 page essay on how many times it's screwed up. it's really awesome. so a bit ago it like blew up and I've been waiting to get it fixed for like.. 4 months. I'd put my music on here but my personal computer is pretty horrid and just can't handle mixing when using a lot of plugins and tracks.
so it's a shame.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 8:54pm

haha. I agree. then again, most people are. period. and especially about music. to so many people it's always like "omg if i dun like it IT MUST SUK!!1"
I have an about an album's worth of those types of musicz. Would be nice to be able to work on it again. Most are just rotting away on a computer I can't use. The version of alt code iI ast did though was a lot better than the one uploaded. The others will probably be similar. except for imprisoned reflection. I kinda' lost that one and have to redo it completely, which is a curse and a blessing.

but it's a while since I used to upload things more regularly. OH WELL.

I'll go listen

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 8:42pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 2:39pm :
I don't care how old it is, I'm currently listening to Simple Look Back and I love it. I can't wait until it's over so I can hear the other songs on your profile. I'm also hella jeally of your wide array of musical instruments.

Impressed.
oh that's a change too. most people don't seem to care for that one so much. I guess they can't get into the super-synthy stuff on a GUITAR site.

TechnicolorType wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 8:41pm

BluePaintCult wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 2:39pm :

Impressed.
lol, thanks. it's not the oldness that I dislike but the mix. since I can do so much better now. i haven't uploaded anything on here in like uhh 8 months. time flies.

1 2 3 read next