BlackIce87

BlackIce87's Profile Comments

SGstriker wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 7:49pm

BlackIce87 wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:16pm :
Nice Band man! I'm actually genuinely impressed. Your singer sounds like an even mixture of Dio/Johnson/Neil which is awesome. The only problem I see with trying to get a big deal is the music isn't mainstream anymore =( Freaking amazing though.

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate the feedback!
Yeah...I know lol. But I will say that a lot of bands are beginning to go a little more in that hard rock direction, so maybe there's hope! :D
We're going to be recording our first full-length CD independently very soon.

SGstriker wrote on Mar 13th, 2011 10:41am

If you have the spare time, do you think you could give my band a listen? We are Silver Bullet, and we’re a hard rock band with an 80s sort of feel, and some more modern influences as well. Here is the link to our UG Band Profile: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/silverbullet/ Hopefully, you like us enough to leave us a comment, and if not, well, sorry for spamming your page! :)
You seem to like a lot of the bands that influence us, so hopefully, you enjoy us as well!

porker117 wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 5:39am

so what year is the mustang?

Lt. Shinysides wrote on Aug 20th, 2009 11:30pm

im still banned till i hand in my song. probably tomorrow

Lt. Shinysides wrote on Jul 18th, 2009 5:15am

the body is in pretty good condition, it needs a new front bumper (there isn't one lol) the rear quarters need replacing, the floor needs some patching but its in pretty good condition, the interior is going to need full replacing including carpets and headliner, the only thing i think will be ok to keep as it is is the dash. the good part about it is that the rust is very localized. the only areas that are rusted are the areas that need replacing anyways, otherwise it is very clean.

Lt. Shinysides wrote on Jul 18th, 2009 2:13am

its got the 351c, but if you read through my comments with the other guy you'll notice that it's in pretty bad shape. It runs well enough, but it needs a very large amount of work, pretty much a complete rebuild and some parts need to be scrapped. I'm gonna check the costs, and if it evens out with a Roush crate engine, i may just go out and get it a new engine. im looking at the 427R, but i think that one may be too expensive.

James13v wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 11:26am

BlackIce87 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:31pm :
Hey man I saw your post about the razorback impaling the bassist and noticed you have an RGR421. Do you like it? Im either going to buy a used RG550 if I can find one or the RGR420 in Silver Arctic Frost. Im assuming they're both fairly close in comparison to play on. The 420 has an Edge III Which I heard is a big NONO but it can be blocked.

That's not to say those guitars will suck, you won't be dissapointed if you buy either one of them, but you could probs go better or have to change pups. My recommendation would be the RG550 if you can, or pick a fixed bridge RG with the same specs as the RG420 (- pups), cos even with a double locking trem blocked you have to still lock the nut or it sounds really bad (the nut's just not designed to be open, I blocked my DK2M's LFR and found this), and this is just an unnecissary burden if you have foresight of it.

James13v wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 11:25am

BlackIce87 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:31pm :

Hey, yeh man I love my RGR421, really versatile and thick tone. The V pups are amazing in mahogany bodied RG's for some reason, don't know why exactly. I've looked at the RGR420 & RG550 and they both appear to be basswood and have V pups. you should go try them out if you can to see for yourself, but, from some comparisons I've done between mine (a mahogany RG with V pups) and a couple of similar priced basswood RG's with V pups (think one of them was actually the RG420), I can tell you they aren't great in the basswood RG's but are beautiful in the mahogany ones.

(TBC...)

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 7th, 2009 7:08am

BlackIce87 wrote on Mar 6th, 2009 at 9:06pm :

I just got my guitar out of the shop about 3 hours ago. The guy did a pretty nice repair and installed a new PUP but forgot to replace the tuner so Im going to have to take it back and have him do it. Were going to have to put the dog down because after that incident he chewed through the water lines on the sinks and wrecked a couple more rooms... But seriously get a LYRE!

No way man I LOVE the looks of Bigsby's!!! And aww don't do it. Keep him outside, put him in a room, just don't kill the dog!! I'm about to get my SG repaired too. Bad fret buzz past the 12th fret, and I need new tuners. I might take it tomorrow, or take it once I get some tuners.

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 6th, 2009 5:34am

Oh come on Bigsby's on SG's look better than anything! Plus they're the best vibrato made, ever. And you killed your dog???? Did you or are you planning on getting the SG fixed? I just got a very used Black SG Standard a few days ago btw.

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 1:19am

Wait I just looked. SG Special, niiice. Yeah I don't know why I got that Spider. I thought it would be loud and have a lot of different tones, but about a month after I got it I knew it was bad.

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 1:17am

Well, I'm looking into an AD30, but right now I see a deal on an OR80. If i win that I'll be a happy guy, but if not, I'm gonna get an AD. And what Gibson do you have?

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 1:17am

BlackIce87 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 9:01pm :

Yeah thats sounds like a good idea, what type of orange are you getting? I have yet to try out my marshall with my Gibby as its been at the shop now for 5 weeks. But the epiphone stills sounds miles over the spider lolz we got the same amp. When I got the archtop my dad found an old Tiesco mustang in the shed so she got it bcuz she wanted it and I got the archtop and she completely trashed it. She doesnt even play. It was white with a tortex pickgaurd I told her to sand it and she didnt do it and then proceeded to paint it in purple house paint with a paint brush and glue picks to it I almost cried...

wait you're referring to your dad as a SHE? OK if that floats your boat.... SO YOU JUST LET HER COMPLETELY TRASH THE GUITAR?!?!?!?! THAT'S SICK. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY SHE JUST WASTED DOING THAT? If it were me I swear I would have cried.

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 2:07am

Awww that's awesome! The Harmony is natural, it's pretty wicked looking too. I just love vintage guitars! Speaking of vintage stuff, I'm gonna look into getting a vintage silvertone or valco low wattage tube amp to play around with at home after I get my Orange.

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 2:50am

BlackIce87 wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 1:42pm :

Hey man I actually got the Kay for free as I found it in my Grandfathers barn about a year ago lawlz. It sat outside for about 10 years and hornets actually built a nest in it. I managed to get all the nest out and after much oiling didnt look like the same guitar. I bought a new trapeze tailpiece and bridge in black to match the sunburst. I restrung it and about 2 weeks later the neck started to pull away from the body by centimeters so I had it reglued. Its a sweet guitar Ill send you some pics of it...

Awesome, thanks! My great grandfather (died about a year ago) happens to have a Harmony hollowbody sitting in my great aunt's house. I don't think she would want me to yet, but I know eventually I'll get it because he would probably want me to have it. I can't wait to get it fixed up. But I'm probably gonna take it to a luthier and not mess with it :D. Anyway, don't forget the pics!!!

SaintsofNowhere wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 6:17am

How'd you come across that vintage equipment like the Kay and Silvertone? By the way, if you're into vintage guitars, you might want to check out Eastwood Guitars. They redo vintage guitars and reissue them. They make like the old Airline, Supro, Univox, and other guitars from then that are now rare with better material but same vintage sound. www.eastwoodguitars.com
Anyway, if you don't mind, how much did the Kay archtop cost?

Taygunov wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 3:56am

yes well....maybe you can find the piece and glue it back on =D

Taygunov wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 1:15am

you got owned lololol, but seriously that looks pretty nasty

hypnotix wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 8:26pm

I looked here from your thread, too bad but we have the same birthday aside from me being born in '89. Cheers!