Baroque_and_Rol

Baroque_and_Rol's Profile Comments

Windwaker wrote on Apr 17th, 2011 9:42am

Baroque_and_Rol wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:28am :
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply, I don't get on here as much as I used to. Things are going well, a couple of bumps in the road the last few months (stolen rig, inconsistent employment) but things are picking up. I'll be studying jazz at UNT next year. How's Berklee? If you can, you should try and meet this guitar player up there, Asher Kurtz, he'll blow your mind.

Hey!
No worries. Sorry to hear about all the misfortunes.
Also good luck at UNT! I hear they have a good program. Berklee is going really well, although extremely busy. Helicopria is gearing up for our second tour, as well as recording our second EP (both taking place in Istanbul, Turkey). It's quite stressful, but at the same time so much fun.
Funny that you mention Asher, because I've run into him a few times (we share a close mutual friend). That guy is a metal MONSTER. I'm seeing his band Noize Tank in the next week or two I believe.

Thanks for writing!
Elijah

Windwaker wrote on Sep 27th, 2010 6:20pm

Hey I hope everything is going well with you. How's the music?

AlanHB wrote on Jul 27th, 2010 10:26am

Thanks for the comment on To Zanarkand. It's a good tune - I never play it the same way twice, but I can see why you're not totally keen on that version - each person gets a certain attachment to that song for different reasons after the marathon amount of time spent with it in the game.

AeolianWolf wrote on Apr 10th, 2010 11:18pm

meh, i decided to toss them. they weren't any good.

Windwaker wrote on Mar 23rd, 2010 5:07am

Baroque_and_Rol wrote on Feb 18th, 2010 at 6:28pm :
Windwaker wrote on Feb 18th, 2010 at 3:30pm :Ah yeah I know how you feel with that. Definitely a cool song, and if you ever make a more polished version of it let me know, I'd love to hear it.Thanks.
You say you're at Berklee, right? How is it? I plan on going up there if (fingers crossed) I can get the scholarship money together this year.

Berklee is an awesome place. I come from a very poor family and I can say without out a doubt, it was worth every penny I've spent so far on it. The amount of inspiration that leaks out of this place at every moment of the day is unrivaled by anything. You will eat, breathe, sleep music, and love it! Keep me updated on how things go!

AeolianWolf wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 10:03pm

...and why do i never quote right on profile pages? i need to start using the quote button.

AeolianWolf wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 10:02pm

[QUOTE=Baroque_and_Rol]Thanks man, I like your cadenzas. Have you ever considered recording them on a nylon string?[/QUOTE]

that doesn't sound like a bad idea. those are midis, though. :D

Anthony1991 wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 10:01pm

Lurker x3! Add me :P

Anthony1991 wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 6:38pm

Lurker!

Windwaker wrote on Feb 18th, 2010 9:30pm

Baroque_and_Rol wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:58am :
Thanks for the crit man! Yeah, the iffy time was probably in the clav part. I played that part through first take before any of the other instruments and basically just got tired after a while.

Windwaker wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 5:24am

Cruise control is sweet man! Nice development throughout, and your fusion-y shred threw me for a loop towards the end. The synths sound good, although it almost seemed like there could be some funkiness in the time (as in something may not have been quantized in there), but that could just be me. The middle-eastern influenced melody building into chords was a sweet idea. Nice ideas in the outro too!

Poxican wrote on Feb 7th, 2010 11:51am

Really like your stuff man, we share a lot of favourite bands. Definitely coming back for another listen to your other tunes.

chainsawguitar wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 11:43pm

Hey dude, you've totally inspired me with the 12 tone thing! I've never got one of those to work- never even heard one that worked- before.

Now I can listen to one that works :)

Xiaoxi wrote on Apr 4th, 2009 8:30pm

To answer your questions about Berklee scholarship:

The student's instrument does not affect the decision from the school of how much scholarship should be granted.

I got a $5000 per year scholarship, with another $12,000 in financial aid. It has been okay to deal with, financially. Berklee has a moderate price tag compared to other music conservatories.