Axle1

Axle1's Profile Comments

Corruption wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 1:38am

Axle1 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2011 at 4:47pm :
Hey man, i have a quick Q. My friend was thinking about buying a Gibson Les paul classic 60 (wine red) for 2k used, its all in good condition but we can't find much information/pricing about it. The guy won't let us try it out because of his "amp problems" or some crap. The guy is quite dodgey, ive asked around and people have never heard of a classic 60 in wine red. Have you ever seen a classic 60 in wine red, and do you know how much they usually price for ?
Cheers

I've seen em in wine red, but I got mine new for 1.5k so I wouldn't go for it. It's a great guitar, plays well and sounds good but look for a better price

Tom 1.0 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 8:12pm

no worries mate,

its a tough choice and you just have to go for the one you want in the end, its hard to pick i know, but i went for the 6505 as it sounded how i wanted to sound,
its tough i agree though.

spesh as your in Aus.

Tom 1.0 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 7:34pm

Its a great combination really buddy,

the oversized 212, V30s and quality wood, 18mm birch ply, help add a bit more low end to the 6505 as well as keep the mids defined and ballsy, it really stands out in a band situation. its the perfect gigging amp.

as far as sounding like a Mesa, it doesnt, to me the mesa is a bassier and more ballsy sound, not to say the 6505 isnt, the 6505 is middier and slightly harsher, a sound which I love. If you want a mesa sound it needs to be a Mesa amp though.

the mesa also has better cleans and is far more versitile, the 6505 cleans are fine, not great but not awful either, but they dont sound like the mesa.

They do similar jobs and do them both very well, but they do sound very different,

Tom 1.0 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 7:30pm

Axle1 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 6:59pm :
Hey man, how do you like the 6505 standard + Orange 2x12 ? I was thinking of picking one up on the weekend. How would you compare a 6505 to a Dual rec ?
Axle1 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 6:59pm :

I love the combination,

thr 6505 is a great gain amp and the orange cab is solidly built and to me sounds like a more middy Mesa cab. the V30s work great with the amp and it has a really ballsy sound, epecially considering the fact it is just a 212.

i would say to me, the 6505 is not as bassy and has a more pronounced mid range than the mesa,

the cleans on a mesa are better, but i personally prefer the gain of a 6505 and put up with the cleans, which are not as bad as everybody makes them out to be,

the 6505 is a great amp, but if yor after a mesa sound, it has to be a mesa really dude.

Tom 1.0 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 2:21pm

Axle1 wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 8:16pm :
Hey man, one last question. How difficult did you find it to dial in a tone for shreddish stuff (yngwie/gilbert/btbam etc)? A lotta people have said the only things needed for shred is a Ts-9 + NS-2, Some Dimarzio Evos and Low at 6 Mids at 4 highs at 9 and Post at 8.

I am the wrong guy to ask I am afraid mate, I play sort of sludgy metal core esque stuff with hardly any shred.

but i would say a TS with a Noise gate are vital and you can get some pretty tight shreddy tones from it, I mean the best thing to do is to try it and check out vids.

not mine. but good example i guess.either way, its a seriously solid amp amd i love mine,

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Dec 30th, 2010 12:16am

tnx for friend request and comment on my clips :cheers:

Guitarbaddie wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 1:22pm

Thanks for the comment about my song.

GS LEAD 5 wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 8:14pm

God is up.
In other words, I am up.
Why?
I AM GOD.
WORSHIP ME.

x/taluha wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 9:41am

it does involve devvo

julzius wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 3:46pm

Axle1 wrote on Nov 27th, 2010 at 12:15am :
Man what do you use to record ? like a mbox or a pod ? and what program are you using like cubase/reaper/pro tools ? Seasons of the mind is fucking awesome!

Seasons of the Mind was recorded through my Line6 Floor POD into Cubase. But i have upgraded all my tech since then.

I'm planning on rerecording it with my VT100 through an SM57 into a Presonus Firestudio Project and mixed with Cubase 5.

Hopefully i can get Seasons of the Mind to sound a little warmer. But i'll keep you in the loop :D

Toodles!

julzius wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 7:07am

Axle1 wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 1:31am :
nice tracks man!

Thanks so much, really appreciate it. I have some more tunes on their way. So you can expect some more in a month or so.

Toodles!

julzius wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 7:28am

Hey mate, thanks for the add. Can't wait to hear some of your playing :D

Dellinger1988 wrote on Nov 20th, 2010 12:45pm