AxSilentxLine

AxSilentxLine's Profile Comments

Guitar-KID125 wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 12:14am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Nov 11th, 2012 at 4:25pm :
lol yeah how's lurking going?
Not lurking, back for good! haha

Guitar-KID125 wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 2:26am

Yo man, remember me?

Cathbard wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 8:00am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 12:50pm :
Hey Cath I have a mate who is looking to pick up a 100W JCM900 SL-X and wants to mod it for EL34's or KT77's do you reckon you could do it?
They came out with EL34's everywhere but the US so the power tranny should handle it easily. You'll have to change the screen resistor from 470R to 1K. You'll need to make sure the suppressor grid is hooked up too (pin 1). I'm pretty sure it is it is but can't be certain.
Check DRtube for the power amp schematics, they have both the EL34 and the 6L6 (5881) varieties.
With KT66's it should just need to be rebiased.

JohnFrusciante6 wrote on May 25th, 2011 6:47pm

i just realized you asked this a year ago, haha. sorry, i haven't been on in a while.

JohnFrusciante6 wrote on May 25th, 2011 6:45pm

AxSilentxLine wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 4:46am :
Hey man what do you think of your Vox AC100CPH?

hey! honestly it's a great amp for the price. i think i got it off ebay brand new for like $400 USD. it's super loud and it seems pretty durable. i've played like 100 gigs with it in the last few years and it's never broken down on me. i jam out with it prob like 5 times a week so i mean it seems like it's gona hold up unlike my bugera which broke down within a few months. as for the tone, it's really nice. it has a really LOUD rock tone. i play a 62 reissue tele through it and occassionally an epiphone SG. it's not a high gain amp, so you really can't play metal or hardcore. i turn it up to about 12 o'clock to get the best tones. it sounds bad if you keep it under like 10 o'clock. i hope that helps you out, i literally play it almost every day.. i guess i got carried away lol.

thanks for askin dude!

InanezGuitars44 wrote on Apr 25th, 2011 7:02am

so i've seen a lot of your posts and i just randomly went to your profile just now and noticed you had a cover of deadbolt. it made me go :D

Tom 1.0 wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 6:47pm

Waiting to get my J custom back, so a few days dude.

Want to find thise sweet spots as well ;)
AxSilentxLine wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:38pm :
when's the NAD man?

Guitar_Hero89 wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 9:00am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:28pm :
Hey dude how do you like your Series 1? Should get some clips up
yea its amazing it just works for every style you want! i love the isf knob its brilliant!
yea i need to do some recordings anyway may aswell mic it up see how it sounds in studio situation

MarshallStackLP wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 4:10pm

AxSilentxLine wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 1:42pm :
That's some nice kit you got there mate! Don't be put off by us grumpy blokes at GGnA we just get a lot of "post your gear" threads

oh mate, can you listen n rate n comment my mp3s please? They are pretty old and dont reflect my ability to date but im just tempted to see what people think :)

MarshallStackLP wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 3:42pm

AxSilentxLine wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 1:42pm :

haha its cool, but none showed up when i searched well... "show us your gear" or something so i went for it lol.

Cathbard wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 4:24pm

AxSilentxLine wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:50am :
hey Cath on a personal note, are you a tech by trade? I want to break into the recording/studio industry and I am going to do a Cert IV at TAFE in sound production (technical production, rigging, stage management etc) and wanted to get your thoughts on that approach, you know pick some of your knowledge

Yes I am. I have an Associate Diploma in Engineering. I started doing a degree but had to drop out after 2nd year due to a big Judo accident. Telecom paid me to get the Electronics Diploma. I spent my career as a data comms tech. Of course it is all electronics though so I used that knowledge in my music career as well.
There are studio engineering courses but they will teach you jack shit electronics. If you want to be a real tech I'd go to TAFE if I were you and get a Diploma and then get a shop to take you on as a trainee to hone your practical skills and learn to apply your knowledge to the specific area you are interested in (I assume amps).

coolstoryangus wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 11:27am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 10:20am :
haha too bad you got evicted from "Who to listen to and some noobs who post too much" se you in about a year

lolllllll tbf I registered, trolled the bugera users militia, got banned for 30s and instantly starting sneaking posts in it when i got unbanned :o I had a good run!

Guitar-KID125 wrote on Aug 4th, 2010 9:57am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Aug 4th, 2010 at 3:50pm :
so you gonna post a NAD then?

I will when I get the cab and then a week or so after so I can give an honest review

Guitar-KID125 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2010 11:40am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:55am :
Hey man did you end up picking up that Rev+ on Ebay?
You bet I did :P

I played it at the dude's house and it sounded killer. I'm still waiting on a few more paychecks then i'll grab a Mesa 4x12 for it.

AcousticMirror wrote on Jul 22nd, 2010 3:48am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Jul 21st, 2010 at 8:49pm :
Why are you aguing superlatives and comparisons with Zoot Allures?

cuz it was funny. also he likes to cut himself. verified on the internet.

ToneMonster wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 5:44am

This is too funny, the very first post I put on this site I have gotten crap, from who is it exactly???? I try to pass on decades of, I am sorry experience and know how, and I get watch my attitude, I am sorry should I be telling people to suck it or what idiots they are??? Is anyone reading anything? I try to put something of substance about guitars or pedal boards and ooo I have an attitude. Maybe I should use suck and cuss more while saying nothing. I have a lot of years playing and a high IQ should I just act retarded and plug my pedals into my speaker out?

ToneMonster wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 5:37am

AxSilentxLine wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 2:54am :
Mate you really need to reel in your attitude and stop insulting people. We can't all be blessed with your bounty of knowledge, which apparently you are going to share with us whether we like it or not..

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Jun 20th, 2010 7:53am

tnx for the add :cheers:

kylendm wrote on Jun 15th, 2010 2:27am

What song are we talking about? A real interface gives you a ton of thickness and real sound. You really want to invest in one instead of a mixer.

kylendm wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 2:22pm

Hey man. I use a Lexicon Lambda for the interface and an SM57 mic. That's it. :haha:

1 2 read next