Archeo Avis

Archeo Avis's Profile Comments

sweetslyrics2 wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 4:34pm

Nice song pwrmax. Take a look on my songs on www.sweetslyrics.com

pwrmax wrote on Aug 11th, 2009 5:40am

Hey, I'm not sure if the PM with my link for your solo composition experiment went through, here's the link to my submission if it didn't go through before: http://uploadingit.com/files/1249844_wsske/solo.mp 3

griffRG7321 wrote on Jul 31st, 2009 8:14pm

Archeo Avis wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 at 10:57pm :
griffRG7321 wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 at 6:54pm :How long have you been playing piano?

A little under a year, though I've been composing for far longer. I like to think I've progressed nicely, due in large part to inheriting good practice techniques from my years playing guitar.

Wow! and what grade standard would you say you are now? i've taken up piano recently for univeristy and compositional purposes and i was aiming to get around grade 5 in a year, is that a reasonable target?

Archeo Avisa wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 11:57pm

griffRG7321 wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 at 6:54pm :
How long have you been playing piano?

griffRG7321 wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 11:54pm

How long have you been playing piano?

pandora_grunt wrote on May 28th, 2009 6:37am

Nice argueing against Tubatom there !

zhilla wrote on May 23rd, 2009 12:14am

Hi - just lurking :p

Invokke_Havokk wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 5:17am

"Chances are you'll never come across modal music. The overwhelming majority of Western music is based around the major and minor scales, and it is vastly more important that you understand those scales. Don't worry about modes until you have a firm understanding of the major and minor scales and tonal harmony."

Do you have a .txt file of answers or something? I've seen you say that exact same thing nearly 100 times in MT....

...Uzi09... wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 5:37pm

Can u stop going around and saying wrong forum to everything its just lame like it really matters!!

Nice mp3's by the way =]

J.A.M wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 9:49pm

Hey there, I often see you talking about how you don't rely on inspiration for composition.
How did you reach a point where you could compose whatever you want without inspiration?

kinkmachine wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 1:09pm

Oh man,I'm too drunk to debate.But I assure you that I don't think drugs are the solution to my problems;)Your Kung -Fu is too strong,I don't think I can beat you.

Archeo Avisa wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 4:41pm

kinkmachine wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:25am :

Oh well,I just thought I'd share that video with you.I don't want to win a debate,but I thought you might like to see a different side of the story.

I'm familiar with the "different side". The issue here is that no "side" is entitled to any respect or credibility until their claims are supported by evidence. Psychiatry has long fulfilled its burden of proof. The burden is now on you to support your claim. If you can't, the only intellectually honest thing to do is reject your belief.

Archeo Avisa wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 4:40pm

kinkmachine wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:25am :

kinkmachine wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 7:25am

kinkmachine wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 3:08am

I was just pointing out the lack of science in psychiatry.Watch out for those misplaced thetans hehe.

kinkmachine wrote on Dec 21st, 2008 5:58am

Hey,check this out Mr. Smarty Pants hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Q4dMy5aF8

yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 6:28am

Hey, was just stopping by to ask if there was a way I could hear some of your music?

Skater901 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 2:33am

Bleh, stupid quote tags that don't work on profiles. >< Or at least, I don't understand how they work on profiles.

Skater901 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 2:32am

[quote=Archeo Avis]False. You don't know what atheism is. Atheism is a lack of belief in God, which is, epistemologically, very different from a belief that there is no God. It is the rejection of an assertion, not a counter-assertion.[/quote]
I didn't want to ask about this in the thread you posted this in as it was off-topic, but I am curious about this statement. You say that rejecting the idea that there is a God is different to believing that there is no God, but I do not see how they are different. Surely if you reject the idea that there is a God, then that means that you believe that there is no God? What other position is there?

Shackman10 wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 4:55pm

Alex Zyka wrote on Feb 7th, 2008 at 5:06pm :

I agree about the complex progressions naturally gravitating towards the Ionian and Aeolian modes, easily explained by the psychoacoustic phenomenon of neither of these two scales' triad notes making a tritone with another scale note, of the diatonic scale. But doesn't this add to the beauty of the modes, their resistance to let resolution shift from them contrary to the harmonic motion suggested by the complex progression? Think about it.

You know once the Major and Minor scales were developed modal music more or less disappeared until the 20th century (of course there were exceptions). I think they weren't used for a reason.

1 2 read next