Andrewbiles

Andrewbiles's Profile Comments

FDP Fan wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 3:07pm

Hey u should check out my blogs see what ya think

*Truly Ninja* wrote on Nov 25th, 2009 9:00pm

:cheers:

kryptonite22 wrote on Jul 28th, 2009 10:06am

andrew! hows it going? long time no chat.

vampire girl wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 8:06am

hey just to say
join my "sglover is a dick" thing
coz he is lol

#1 synth wrote on Jul 1st, 2009 11:08am

thank you so much for making this forum the way it is today.

muantboy wrote on Jun 18th, 2009 11:15am

eey,

i want to thank you allot for posting eric roche-smells like teen spirit on the forum.
It really helped me out.

Muantboy

metallica #1 wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 3:49am

How did you become a mod?

\m/Metallica wrote on May 30th, 2009 11:23pm

Hey man I looked at your thread on the forum "Tab Talk," most of which I knew about, so I tried submitting a tab, and when it was denied, I looked at it on the link it had on the contribution denied page in my profile. It was ****ing screwed up. When I checked it in the box they provide for submission, it looked fine. I was wondering if there was a special margins setting for mocrosort word to make it ready for submission. Thanks if you could help.
\m/Metallica

volcom_sk8_rock wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 3:30am

Hey man if you like Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds I strongly recommend you give The Drones a listen.

j0nmcc wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 12:51pm

biles you crazy cat,w here you at/

Saibaba wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 5:46pm

can you tell me how to post a tab?
im really confused -_-

kryptonite22 wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 9:56pm

yeah for about the first year or so there were massive problems with the graphics cards (reason being, microsoft cut corners and rushed it for the xmas release), so something like 35% of those are guaranteed to die at some point. mine is also second hand (although apparently never used) so the warranty is useless. you can pick them up new for pretty cheap now, its just a pain really.

kryptonite22 wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 10:24pm

zine - a few people messaged me to start with noone has actually got back to me with anything concrete yet but they all had good ideas so i hope they're working on them haha. we shall see. i guess the fact that its so vague is putting people off but i really just want to start off doing anything and everything, just INTERESTING things, y'know. let that be the description, rather than music, or film, or politics, just 'interesting'.

xmas - doesnt sound too great for you either then, the one thing i was looking forward to was getting my xbox 360 up and running on xbox live, but the bastard died on me at the weekend. just my luck.

kryptonite22 wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 7:52pm

typed out a huge reply then wrote on my own page. fool.

ok what did i write? ah yeah, the zine. yeah its going good, trying not to let the momentum slow because if i do i think it might stall. right now there are a fair few people interested so hopefully it'll take off, im really excited about it, its just something constructive to be doing and some of the people are really interesting people too. let me know if you want to contribute or anything! ill keep you updated either way.

christmas - hmmm i enjoy the atmosphere and the kind of anticipation but im not religious and i dont have a big family so i dont have anything to look forward to. seemed to start a bit early this year! what about you? up to much?

jallas wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 5:38pm

cont...

Then when the fresher applications had come in for their individual shows, the whole schedule was rejigged and reshuffled. This year apparently there was an influx of new shows so some old ones had to be taken off.

Including ours :(

Hopefully later in the year it'll reshuffle again and we can make a comeback, but for the mo... suspended :(

I'm pretty gutted, but at the same time, I wouldn't have been able to do it for the last 3-4 weeks anyway as I've been ill heh.

But seriously, I'm so happy you remembered!! Thanks Andrew!

jallas wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 5:37pm

Bah, unfortunately our show is currently 'suspended'. Thanks so much for remembering though! Basically, because at the start of term there's all the freshers joining up and getting training and all, the idea is that every fresher should have their own show, after having applied successfully. I didn't particularly want to do my very own show, because a) I don't have a 'fresh' idea for a show, I just want to play 'indie' (I hate that word) music which I like, and b) it would be kidna scary IMO to immediately be thrown in and do a whole rasdio show by yerself. Least I'd be nervous heh. SO... I joined the existing main indie show which had run on from last year. It was so perfect, there were a few of us with similar tastes in music, I found some new bands from them, and they some from me. Great stuff. COnt...

jallas wrote on Oct 25th, 2008 10:41am

cont...

So, it's on a Friday night 9 til 11, go to www.radio.warwick.ac.uk and you can listen (and watch haha) online. I did my first one yesterday, but deliberately told nobody about it so I knew no-one'd be listening :P

It's a good show, I was with 3 guys last night, some examples of the stuff we played: Beirut, Mountain Goats, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pavement, Los Campesinos, and Broken Social Scene. Next week it'll only be me and one other guy though cos the other 2 are on hols, I'm supposed to be manning the decks as well as he doesn't know how to use the equipment. This could be fun!

Anyway I'll remind you on Thursday or something, if you are free next Fri night (I know- rubbish time slot) check me out! Many thanks :D

jallas wrote on Oct 25th, 2008 10:41am

Woo how was/is zorbing? I'd so love to do that, last week as part of skydiving training I went to a Windtunnel somewhere I can't remember the name of... Bedford? or somewhere. That was phenomenal, some of the filming for the new James Bond flick was done there as well :D Now it's a case of finding 300 so I can go skydiving properly :(

Anyway my real point is... woo I have a radio show! Okay no it's not my show, it's an existing one on the station which I joined, mainly for 2 reasons: I realised starting a whole new show by myself is a bit daunting; and it's hardly original what I was planning to do, there's already this one which is basically it!

cont...

jallas wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 10:15am

Enough waffle on that. Yeah I've been here 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. Have you ever seen Rushmore? Antoher Wes Anderson film... Basically I'm like the main character in that, who does as many extra-curricular activities and possible. Though I've had to drop some due to clashes, but I now have no free time whatsoever as I do: squash, fencing, Radio, photography aaaand SKYDIVING. We're thrown right into the work, and I already have tons to do, but it's all interesting so I'm really enjoying it, sad as it might sound. Plus cos we're on campus a night out is unbelievably cheap. I live 5 mins from the bars and clubs so you can go out and get horrendously drunk all night for, honest to god, less than a tenner.

Life is gooood! Anyway I am talking too much, how's life with you??

jallas wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 10:15am

Yep, well it's up to each person what kinda show they wanna do, we have everything from music shows, dramas, 'chat shows' haha, radio stand-up, etc. It's soo great. I'm going for a music one cos I'm no comedian and I can't act, and yeah it's pretty much free reign, within reason. We have certain rules we have to follow which are a bit tedious, for example during each hour we have to play 2 songs off the A list and 1 off the B list at least so I apologise in advance for any rubbish I stick on, honest I'm being forced to! But yeah other than that I'm just planning to keep it nice and 'alternative' (though I hate that word, it's not quite as bad as 'indie'). Once I find out if I've got a show I might run a few playlists past you:p

I'm so excited! And we get free gig tickets, CDs and interviews as well. AND we get to hang out with Radio 1 DJs at the Student Radio Awards (which I'm told we usually do well in, hurrah!).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 read next