Aleksi

Aleksi's Profile Comments

MattyPS wrote on Aug 13th, 2012 6:49pm

Hey,
I'm just getting started with sweep picking. I read your advice on using the elbow instead of the wrist. Also, what angle do you recommend me to use (for sweeping)? Thanks (:

PEACEMABOU wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 9:16pm

Hello
My name is miss peace i saw your profile today and have interest in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address (maboupeace@yahoo.co.uk)

I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail
Please reply me to my box ID here

maboupeace@yahoo.co.uk

NOT ON THE SITE

animemetalhead wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 3:27pm

I'm glad you asked about the guitar. It plays great because the strings bend very easily on the first 3 frets, which is harder on other guitars. The pictures do not do this guitar justice. The paint job is actually a dark cherry red with gloss finish. The EMGs far make up for the tremolo system, though I actually prefer it. Runs through distortion better than any Fender, Gibson, or Ibanez I've ever played (even the American Strat!!!) The guitar cost me about $600, but it was in the store for $838. There is another model with a floyd rose, though it doesn't have the best paint job. Still, it could be worth a shot.

animemetalhead wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 5:59pm

Since you're into metal, I know you'll love this. I bought an ESP/LTD H-351 NT Limited Edition wit EMG active pickups, wraparound tigerstripe red paintjob, and 24 frets. Check it out on musiciansfriend.com and check how awesome this thing really is and tell me if it was a good buy.

animemetalhead wrote on Aug 5th, 2010 6:55pm

Aleksi wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 at 7:18pm :
That depends on a few factors:
- Is it just for bedroom playing or do you want to play live with it?
- Are you looking for just metal tones or do you need more versatility in terms of genres?
- Do you use a lot of effects?
- Are there any bands that you want a similar tone to?
- What's your price range?

Thanks for asking. I need a good amp for live performances (anywhere from 100 to 650 people, considering the first concerts are going to be free), can take at least 3 small distortion pedals, and can make anywhere from hard rock to metal core sounds.

animemetalhead wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 2:25pm

I don't know any good, cheap amp brands, and you seem like the guy who would know what would go good with metal guitars. Could you help me out?

animemetalhead wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 4:57pm

By the way, Skwisgaar's guitar parts are played by a man named Brendon Small. As a matter of fact, he plays all instrunments for Dethklok. Look him up on youtube and he will probably be playing Dethklok guitar parts.

animemetalhead wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 4:55pm

I haven't heard of any of the bands in your favorite band list. Where do you listen for these, or are they local bands in your area?

grimms wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 11:58am

Aleksi wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 at 1:13am :

I've not learned any fully instrumental pieces yet (other than classical), so that'd be awesome! What are you using to record?

We can make one :D
I'm using just a Pocket POD plugged into my Mic Input with ASIO Drivers in Reaper, it's not bad quality once EQ'd for a cheap recording set up.

grimms wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 1:21pm

Yeah he probably woulda influenced me into killing a homosexual man with him haha :P

Hmm, maybe something dark but an instrumental? That'll be pretty cool. I'll wait till you get something to record, my set up ain't exactly great either :(

farquarl wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 6:45am

Bang on man. I loved tht trilogy. Its spelt slightly different in the books "Faquarl" I think. Pity he didnt last. Was a cool character.

grimms wrote on Mar 31st, 2010 11:48am

Yeah it took me a while to get into it but Jon is such a good musician, his acoustic stuff on the album is excellent.

Also, cool list of bands/guitarists :)
Maybe we should try record something together we're into the same music, pretty much. It'll be cool.

grimms wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 1:39pm

Yeah man, Dissection are a life inspirational band :D
Maha Kali and Where Dead Angels Lie are amazing too!
Unhallowed, Land Forlorn and The Somberlain are awesome too man!

smileforme wrote on Mar 12th, 2010 3:14pm

if you are an artist/band and you have your own music
so there is new worldwide musicians competition
visit http://www.mymusiconly.com

mymusiconly offer money prizes for the winners
the sign up is temporary free untill 17/03/2010
so dont stay behind come and let your music be heard.

i_killed_bill wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 8:29am

Aleksi wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 4:43am :
If I really was Alexi Laiho I'd get there first :P, seriously, that dude is my favorite guitarist of all time!

Mine too! But I'm sure you could've figured that out on your own :p

i_killed_bill wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 4:46am

Aleksi wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:51pm :
Haha, I have absolutely no clue

Haha, if you really were Alexi Laiho I would like marry you :haha:

miss-moose wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 12:28am

Al, what's the name of this company I should be looking at for the Xiphos? I'll check them out if they have no Warriors or Xiphos' in the Greater Manchester area.
I love you, helpful numpty

i_killed_bill wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 8:24am

Your name's Aleksi, you're Finnish, and you like metal

Now who does that remind me of???

Andragon wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 10:58pm

Hey, thanks for listening to my tracks. How's the Metal Muff working for you?

vIsIbleNoIsE wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 6:38am

your sig made me laugh out loud

just so you know