Ace Carson

Ace Carson's Profile Comments

stephen_rettie wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 6:48pm

Hey man I uploaded my final version of Just Tack It On The End to Soundcloud. Thanks for the input on the previous one!

Indy_Fire wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 7:10pm

Ace Carson wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 8:35pm :
Hey! Thanks for the word. BTW, if you gather your shiny new band and you eventually track some songs - feel free to use the offer in my forum sig

Cheers.

Cheers fella, got some news today that moves a new band together so you never know I maybe taking that offer asap.

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:45am

Ace Carson wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:39am :
You're welcome! What is it you're learning right about now?

Easy stuff really. Pink Floyd, wish you were here, learned stairway on acoustic took me ages but got there and the usual easy begineer songs. Working my way through some dvds from Justin Sandercoe to learn some more theory. Havin fun with it really. Just want to play songs for my own pleasure.

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:36am

Ace Carson wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:26am :
Well, an amp is a good thing for sure. And a pick is a taste thing partially - some cool musicians managed to make it through the whole career without one. But it's definitely handy to play with one. However, many songs demand to handle strings both with and without a pick.
It's rather uncomfortable during the first month or so - until you get used to holding it right, then there'll be a long way to developing your own picking style. And all those things are amasingly interesting =)

Thanks I must try harder as I want to learn lots of songs. Thanks for your advice :).

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:20am

Ace Carson wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:13am :
I'm good too. PLayed my bass all day long and learned a cool solo! =)

Lucky you, I got a new amp for home practising and am trying to break a few bad habits I picked up, like I prefer to play without a pick (is that bad) and should I try and use one?

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:11am

Ace Carson wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:10am :
Haha, thank you! Everybody seem to like it too. How are you doing?

Good thanks, how are you!

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:04am

I like your hat! :)!

Flaxen Angel wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 11:46pm

Ace Carson wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:13pm :
Hey, welcome to UG. If you ever need some tips on guitar - feel free to post me =) Cheers.

Thanks Ace! Greetings from England!

Jesse Clarkson wrote on Jul 15th, 2011 1:52am

I'm not sure if you read the description but that piece was written a long time ago. I lost the project file so I can't continue with it. I'm planning to transcribe it sometime so I can continue. I use EastWest samples although there are plenty of other alternatives out there. Garritan and Edirol are cheaper alternatives, then you have the higher range stuff like Cinesamples, EWQL, VSL and LASS.

I reckon I could get the snare sounding realistic if I had my project file back. :(

Ace Carsona wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 7:54am

Sure! As soon as I get back to my home PC and put my head together, I'll write some more.

Jesse Clarkson wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 5:23am

Hey, thanks for the comment. Would you mind expanding on it a little bit? I couldn't quite follow some of your thoughts. =\

Stratman54 wrote on Jul 10th, 2010 5:17am

Thanks for the suggestions and comments on my songs. I'm glad you like them.