Aays's Profile Comments

guitar_freak91 wrote on Aug 18th, 2015 6:15pm

Aays wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 10:32pm :

Cheers man, I fucking love those guys and I hate that I've managed to miss them every single time they've hit Toronto since their inception (ugh). I'll eventually buy them a beer soon enough though! And no problem dude - that tab was pretty much flawless.

I actually just saw them this past saturday in Reading PA, they played at Rivers of Nihil's CD release show. It was an awesome show.

guitar_freak91 wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 3:49am

Black Crown Initiate is from my hometown. I know those guys personally. Also, thanks for the 5* rating!

Qurkonoid wrote on Jan 19th, 2015 7:39pm

Aays wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:38pm :
Both your Devin tabs are spectacular! Looking forward to more
Thanks alot for the positive feedback! It really means a lot to me!

clm62800 wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 10:18am

Aays wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 6:52pm :
Dude yes!!! I've thought about sitting down and tabbing the whole album since August now and I think I'm finally making time for it. I was planning of tabbing it in chunks (ie one single GP5 file called 'Bathyalpelagic' containing all three parts in full, one called 'Abyssopelagic' with both parts, etc). I've seen his tabs and they're decent attempts but there are little bits that could be improved upon - plus I like to do full tabs with vocals/bass/drums and all as well so I'd like to do separate tabs of my own with those included. Would you like to split them up or something? I've started work on Bathyalpelagic as it is!

If you want to contribute too, that will be nice !
We spoke together, and he will complete his tabs of Bathyalpelagic I and II, with other instruments and that he began Let Them Believe too.
From my side, I began Into The Uncanny.
If you want to do tabs too, speak with me and I think it will be nice if we separate the work in three parts.

clm62800 wrote on Oct 27th, 2014 9:50am

Aays wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:22pm :
Hey dude, I see you've tabbed out stuff by The Ocean Collective in the past. Any plans on doing stuff from Pelagial?

Well, it can be a fun thing to do, but I see that another contributor, Whiskas, is doing some of songs of Pelagial, and I have just send him a message, to know if he needs help on some songs, and by the way, if he's trying to tab all the album.
( Because I must admit it, tabbing this album must be something very fun )

BadBikaDamo wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 8:17am

I've never heard of Monuments, I'll have to check them out.

BadBikaDamo wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 9:25pm

Not fair, you get to see Devin Townsned AND Tosin Abasi, bit jealous.

qwertyuiopRNDM wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 8:58pm

christian.howel wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 8:56pm

Hey Aays, how interested would you be in a forum dedicated to alternate tunings, similar to sevenstring.org? Threads on different tunings, the artists that use them, tips for experimenting with them, hell, maybe a whole subsection dedicated to Sonic Youth! Another subsection could be original tunings users make up and want to share.

What do you think? I'm looking for people interested in the concept and perhaps helping me start it up! It would be lonely being the only moderator

BadBikaDamo wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 4:24pm

Great article on open C tuning btw, loved it.

BadBikaDamo wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 4:15pm

Hey Dude, thanks for the 5 star rating for the Devin Townsend tab, very much appreciated.

Aaysa wrote on May 27th, 2014 8:14pm

Hey all!

It's only been about a year and four months since my last article went up but since then I finally found the time to sit down and write up one on Open C tuning (CGCGCE).

It's a lot more in-depth than the DADGAD one and it's officially been submitted to UG. I hope it'll be up soon. Cheers!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 3:54am

That's great, looking forward to reading that. For the record, I did read your message when you first posted it, I just never got around to responding until now, sorry. Thanks for the positive feed back!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 3:52am

Wow, it would be great to finally see a complete version of Stand. The current one isn't totally accurate, besides being incomplete.
Yes, that would be awesome if you did a full band version of Pixillate! I love that song, and it was a joy to transpose. It would be nice if you give me some credit in the comments of the tab. I try to do the same when I take a lot from someone else's submission. But, if you don't, that's fine. I'll be looking forward to seeing those tabs. Great to get some help doing Dev tabs!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on May 4th, 2013 3:33am

Well, I say do open C. Besides playing Devin Townsend, it's a really fun tuning to play around with on your own. The tuning helps you appreciate the notes you're playing, because the open strings start you off with a simple chord: 1 5 1 5 1 3. You only have to memorize 3 strings, CGE. And two of those strings are already in standard tuning.

JesseJamesCohen wrote on May 4th, 2013 3:16am

Thanks so much! I'm proud of the tabs I've done, and it means a lot that someone else appreciates them.

No, I'm not working on War / Grace. It would be awesome if you made tabs for them. I saw you already did The New Black and Polyphony. Unfortunately, I only know City and Alien, so I can't really comment on them. I saw you did two Storm Corrosion songs, which is freakin' epic. I just discovered it. Good for you for making them! I also saw your article on DADGAD tuning, which is fantastic.

Right now, I'm working on Processional. The bulk of it is done, but I still have to figure out a lot of the details.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I just realized I haven't been checking comments on my profile, so I'll keep on top of that from now on.

Aaysa wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 6:31am

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of doing a follow up to my article on DADGAD tuning, but I'm really unsure of which tuning to write an article on next (I'm usually stupidly indecisive). I've narrowed it down to these as for the ones I'd be willing to share what I've worked out on at the moment, while I continue to experiment with others and work out as much stuff as I have on the tunings in the list below.

-CGCGCE (Open C, the tuning I probably use the most apart from standard)
-DADF#AE or CGCEGD (open Dadd9/Cadd9 respectively... they're pretty interchangeable really)
-ECDGAD (funky tuning that Andy McKee has used often, and which I truly enjoy experimenting with)

At the moment I'm still experimenting on All Fourths (EADGCF), Open G (DGDGBD), and New Standard (CGDAEG... this is a tricky one that has caused me to snap a couple of strings), so once I'm done the ones in the list above I guess I could move on to these.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything?

xXWHIPxxLashXx wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 6:49pm

xXWHIPxxLashXx wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 6:48pm

Dude, I love you Ibanez. I have an Ibanez GIO, too only it's red.

adamgur96 wrote on Dec 9th, 2012 6:45pm

Your Ed avatar shows you're a good man.

1 2 read next