Aays

Aays's Profile Comments

BadBikaDamo wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 8:17am

I've never heard of Monuments, I'll have to check them out.

BadBikaDamo wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 9:25pm

Not fair, you get to see Devin Townsned AND Tosin Abasi, bit jealous.

qwertyuiopRNDM wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 8:58pm

Thanks!

christian.howel wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 8:56pm

Hey Aays, how interested would you be in a forum dedicated to alternate tunings, similar to sevenstring.org? Threads on different tunings, the artists that use them, tips for experimenting with them, hell, maybe a whole subsection dedicated to Sonic Youth! Another subsection could be original tunings users make up and want to share.

What do you think? I'm looking for people interested in the concept and perhaps helping me start it up! It would be lonely being the only moderator

BadBikaDamo wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 4:24pm

Great article on open C tuning btw, loved it.

BadBikaDamo wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 4:15pm

Hey Dude, thanks for the 5 star rating for the Devin Townsend tab, very much appreciated.

Aaysa wrote on May 27th, 2014 8:14pm

Hey all!

It's only been about a year and four months since my last article went up but since then I finally found the time to sit down and write up one on Open C tuning (CGCGCE).

It's a lot more in-depth than the DADGAD one and it's officially been submitted to UG. I hope it'll be up soon. Cheers!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 3:54am

That's great, looking forward to reading that. For the record, I did read your message when you first posted it, I just never got around to responding until now, sorry. Thanks for the positive feed back!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 3:52am

Wow, it would be great to finally see a complete version of Stand. The current one isn't totally accurate, besides being incomplete.
Yes, that would be awesome if you did a full band version of Pixillate! I love that song, and it was a joy to transpose. It would be nice if you give me some credit in the comments of the tab. I try to do the same when I take a lot from someone else's submission. But, if you don't, that's fine. I'll be looking forward to seeing those tabs. Great to get some help doing Dev tabs!

JesseJamesCohen wrote on May 4th, 2013 3:33am

Well, I say do open C. Besides playing Devin Townsend, it's a really fun tuning to play around with on your own. The tuning helps you appreciate the notes you're playing, because the open strings start you off with a simple chord: 1 5 1 5 1 3. You only have to memorize 3 strings, CGE. And two of those strings are already in standard tuning.

JesseJamesCohen wrote on May 4th, 2013 3:16am

Thanks so much! I'm proud of the tabs I've done, and it means a lot that someone else appreciates them.

No, I'm not working on War / Grace. It would be awesome if you made tabs for them. I saw you already did The New Black and Polyphony. Unfortunately, I only know City and Alien, so I can't really comment on them. I saw you did two Storm Corrosion songs, which is freakin' epic. I just discovered it. Good for you for making them! I also saw your article on DADGAD tuning, which is fantastic.

Right now, I'm working on Processional. The bulk of it is done, but I still have to figure out a lot of the details.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I just realized I haven't been checking comments on my profile, so I'll keep on top of that from now on.

Aaysa wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 6:31am

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of doing a follow up to my article on DADGAD tuning, but I'm really unsure of which tuning to write an article on next (I'm usually stupidly indecisive). I've narrowed it down to these as for the ones I'd be willing to share what I've worked out on at the moment, while I continue to experiment with others and work out as much stuff as I have on the tunings in the list below.

-CGCGCE (Open C, the tuning I probably use the most apart from standard)
-DADF#AE or CGCEGD (open Dadd9/Cadd9 respectively... they're pretty interchangeable really)
-ECDGAD (funky tuning that Andy McKee has used often, and which I truly enjoy experimenting with)

At the moment I'm still experimenting on All Fourths (EADGCF), Open G (DGDGBD), and New Standard (CGDAEG... this is a tricky one that has caused me to snap a couple of strings), so once I'm done the ones in the list above I guess I could move on to these.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything?

xXWHIPxxLashXx wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 6:49pm

your*

xXWHIPxxLashXx wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 6:48pm

Dude, I love you Ibanez. I have an Ibanez GIO, too only it's red.

adamgur96 wrote on Dec 9th, 2012 6:45pm

Your Ed avatar shows you're a good man.

h1pp13_420 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 4:27am

Aays wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 10:27pm :
Sorry for mixing up which Emancipate tab was uploaded first. I fixed my rating on your tab

Ha its cool. Have you tried it?

<Arcane> wrote on Nov 16th, 2012 10:58pm

I'm doing COB tabs for ages now. For some reason not all of my tabs were uploaded by UG because there are similar or the same tabs already uploaded by some other fags who all have stolen my tabs from ultimate metal and pretend to be the owner or tabber.
Aays wrote on Nov 15th, 2012 at 11:14pm :
Dude, those are a LOT of COB guitar pro tabs you submitted. Must have taken a while to work out! Cheers
Aays wrote on Nov 15th, 2012 at 11:14pm :

wenkomer wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 5:38am

Thanks man. :)

CAFO isn't my favorite one, because I can't learn it, because tuning goes like this - B-D-A-D-G-B-E - its dropped D with B string. Fuck this man :( What do I really enjoy though is Inamorata - I could play it for weeks straight. This is what my music is about, I actually compose stuff and Inamorata goes by the same principle most of my music goes - there is no verses or shit or something, this particular song is a journey, that leads you by that mp3 road, and every single part of it is awesome. That's what music is about in my opinion.

Btw, you know the funny thing about an 8 string? It looks so wide as though it has 10-12 strings, but when you grow on it and pickup your 6 string again, it looks like it only has 4 strings, LOL. So thin, and few days ago it was enough. It's not enough now though, and 8 string has so much depth in its sound of chords going so low into bass... Man, you should really consider getting it. Its plain amazing.

wenkomer wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 4:53pm

btw, thanks for the support in the comments :)))

wenkomer wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 8:38am

Yeah, lol, his tabs are shitty. Though he recently posted Somnarium tab, and it's correct, but it's only correct because Tosin posted guitar lessons for it through Guitar World youtube channel. If he didn't, this guy would have wrote another nonsense-piece, hehe.

And yeah, Weightless is a hell of an album... I like every single one of the tracks, though it was hard to appreciate it when I just got the album. Same happened with the previous one. One of my buddies were like, dude, you heard of that new band AAL? I was like, what is it? He said it's progressive metal (I had a different view onto progressive metal and didnt appreciate AAL at first though ), and showed me CAFO music video. I was blown away by the complexity coming from classic melodic death metal period that spanned from 1995-2002, and it was really new and cool for me, though hard to understand at first. Now I'm happy I even know the band, and now I got that 8 string and playing Tessitura over and over, lol.

1 2 read next