AJSaw

AJSaw's Profile Comments

GuitarManiac110 wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 7:16pm

New "song" clip on my profile page. Read my newest blog for more information.Feedback is appreciated! ;)

ESPFinland wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 6:20pm

kamaaaa wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:13pm :
Greetings dear,
My name is Kamarai will like to have a good love
relationship with you please write me back through my private
e mail address bellow let me send you my pictures and also tell
you more about myself, here is my privet email
address ( kamaraharuni@yahoo.co.uk )
and I am waiting for your reply.
Yours Miss kamara

(kamaraharuni@yahoo.co.uk
Seems legit

kamaaaa wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 10:13pm

Greetings dear,
My name is Kamarai will like to have a good love
relationship with you please write me back through my private
e mail address bellow let me send you my pictures and also tell
you more about myself, here is my privet email
address ( kamaraharuni@yahoo.co.uk )
and I am waiting for your reply.
Yours Miss kamara

(kamaraharuni@yahoo.co.uk

Sakke wrote on Feb 23rd, 2013 5:35pm

Us, live at Salon Lukio.

Sakke wrote on Nov 19th, 2012 5:04pm

Continued...

Other than that, I mainly write riffs that fit the lyrics as well. Sometimes the lyrics have been ready and the riffs are written for them, but I've got this one song where I had only created a few riffs and then started creating lyrics. I don't really have just one way to do things, I suppose. Anything that fits best the occasion and the inspiration I suppose. I got many lyrics that don't have any music on the background, just waiting for the right inspiration to come.

Sakke wrote on Nov 19th, 2012 5:04pm

AJSaw wrote on Nov 19th, 2012 at 2:33am :
That's excellent! Musically speaking, what "vein" or style are you writing in? Curiosity is flowing now I'm really glad to hear things are going well for you guys.

I don't actually get what you're saying.. Uhh.. what style? Well, melodic gothic metal I suppose. I write just what I've created up with my Gibson and then put it up somehow. As you may know, I know very little of theory. Like I know how one forms say.. G minor or minor pentatonic, but I don't know when exactly I can use that boxy sounding scale. I just go with something that sounds good. It has worked for Åkerfeldt for example, so I guess I'll do well.

Sakke wrote on Nov 14th, 2012 1:02am

AJSaw wrote on Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:12am :

I'm going to be around more, yeah. I've been gone this week because of debate tournaments.

Sentenced has really become a staple group for me.

Agreed, and will do.

ABSOLUTELY. You should definitely update me on that. I'm glad to hear you did. Healthier this way I think.

It's a blast. It's really educating and allows me to get more comfortable with speaking in front of people.

Well, me and Aimo have been doing great lately. We have 2 songs finished, one we have already played twice live and uhh.. the other one is getting added to our rehearsal list of course. One song needs a little bit of "polishing" so to say and some solo work too. Then I've also got an instrumental ready to be added on the upcoming album which we haven't thought of much for now. I mean, it's still so far away, although we've already surpassed many difficulties. Like, I myself, have found a pretty good resource for inspiration.
Hope you'll reply soon.

Sakke wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 10:19am

AJSaw wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 7:37am :
XD Oops. My bad. I'm just going to blame that little mishap on sleep deprivation. Oh really? Well I've never heard of it, I'll look into it though. Seems interesting. I gotcha.
I haven't heard a lot about JJ's. What kind of sound change do they provide?

Somehow a bit darker sounding than what it had stock. Also the distortion response is better than what it was. Mine has got only preamp tubes, so your amp has got poweramp tubes as well. You can't change those on the run, but preamp tubes you can change anytime you feel like it, as long as the amp has cooled down.

Though maybe you just should get something more mature. Like Laney or Marshall. HAHA.

Sakke wrote on Oct 28th, 2012 10:42am

AJSaw wrote on Oct 28th, 2012 at 7:00am :
Ahh, I gotcha. That's reasonable. I completely agree.
It might work. Maybe replacing speakers or something? I'm not sure how wiring would affect bass response actually.

Haha, sorry, I laughed really hard at this one. A piece of WOOD. That helps a lot and the differences can be quite drastic. Which is why I'll go little piece at a time. Yeah, different speakers would definitely help, but I like these a lot. A huge wall of sound, you know. I just want a little bit bass. Also, opening the back allows me to dial more volume from the amp, which means power amp saturation. When tubes work harder, the sound is better.
By the way, I replaced my HT-1's tubes with JJs. A lot better sound now.

Sakke wrote on Oct 21st, 2012 10:35am

AJSaw wrote on Oct 21st, 2012 at 5:12am :
Good cleans are really essential. Nice review too! All your reviews are pretty in-depth and detailed, which makes them a great read XD Are you considering getting a bigger/different cab in the future?

Not really until our band gets a lot of gigs on bigger venues than bars. 2x12 goes a long way. Of course I could mic it for anything bigger than bars or something, but then again, 4x12 looks badass and the sound is projected better. Maybe a bit more bass too, but that could be the speakers anyways..
I'm going to try to cut some bass of my sound soon. Like some unwanted bass response. Maybe cutting a piece from the back of the cab will work, if not, then I'll cut a bigger piece.

Sakke wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 8:52am

AJSaw wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 1:15am :
Hey man, I'm doing alright! I've noticed now, and will go through and comment and ask questions and stuff XD Looks awesome so far. I miss it too, I've set up a thing where I'll get emails when stuff happens, so I'll be around more.

Go ahead and ask, I'll try to reply as quick and accurate as possible.

Sakke wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 8:51am

AJSaw wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 1:21am :
Nice setup you've got there. I like how the cab isn't too oversized and ugly. Nice.

Yeah, it could be actually a little bit undersized, cause it originally used to be a 2x10 bass cabinet by Ibanez. Someone just put nice UK Celestion G12T-75s in there. I love it. And I so love my new head. Makes my guitar really shine. The cleans are so pristine, that you wouldn't even believe it. And the headroom's really good. I wrote a little review about it on my HNAD thread, go check it out if you have the time. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1560963

Sakke wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 1:29pm

Hey AJ, how you doing? You might notice I've got a lot of new stuff, please check my profile and leave some comment mate. I miss talking to you also, maybe you should try to check in more often.

GuitarManiac110 wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 12:20pm

You might find something interesting if you take a look at my gear section... :haha:

ESPFinland wrote on May 17th, 2012 12:50pm

Hey we've got a badass drummer in the band? Did Sakke already happen to tell you that by any chance? :D

Sakke wrote on May 2nd, 2012 7:39pm

AJSaw wrote on May 2nd, 2012 at 5:42am :
I did! Firstly, your LP looks awesome with those new treats in it And I assume the "other" is the nice lineup of pedals you've acquired. Awesome that you've nailed such a badass tone! You can't really go wrong backing off a little treble..especially when performing at high volumes. Remember that too XD
So I've noticed, though I haven't used my wah in FOREVER.

Yah, my LP sounds really great. To be truthful, I think I'm not too far from unlocking the total performance out of it. Maybe a new nut to enhance the harmonic sustain... And probably trying out some of those new strings Ernie Ball has put out, though the second shipment has not arrived to the Finnish distributor. You should try out those Cobalts if you get a chance. Morse likes them, Slash likes them but most important of all, considering your taste, Petrucci likes them a lot.

Sakke wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 9:14am

AJSaw wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 at 8:09am :
Completely agreed, can't wait for it to be released.

So, did you check my updates? One is pretty obvious and the other is seen from my profile picture :haha:. I really love my new sound at band rehearsals and to be honest, I can pretty much nail Wylde's tone, which is awesome. But I try to use something different, like a little less treble. Treble makes wah-wah really bite, remember that.

Sakke wrote on Apr 17th, 2012 10:12am

AJSaw wrote on Apr 17th, 2012 at 7:57am :
Hey man, it definitely has! Things have actually been really good, playing wise and basically every other way. I'll be posting a blog tonight or tomorrow morning about all that XD
I'll check your profile out, you've got me curious now!

I'll definitely check them out, I'm on break anyways at the moment-and need some badass music to accompany and draw influence from. In return, check out "Galaktikon", Brendon Small's upcoming not-Dethklok album. It's basically Dethklok instruments, and Brendon actually singing, which was a pleasant surprise. Space themed, but you may still like it. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpd3j3ZMRks&feature =related

I did check it out before you told me, sounds really cool, gotta find more time for that.

ESPFinland wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 2:24pm

AJSaw wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:04am :
Same with me What's been going on man?
not much :) you?

Sakke wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 8:39pm

Hey AJ, it's been a long time. How are you doing and all? You might want to check my gear, I've finally got some of those upgrades I talked about. :haha: I also have something new coming up soon, something that I've really been waiting for at least 3 months.

Btw, as you look at my gear, you can tell that I've got massive influence from a guitarist that didn't mean SO much to me. :D But he still was a great influence, now greater influence. His playing has made me able to look into my vibratos and bends, also a bit into arpeggios, making them even more soulful and at times when needed, even more straight in-your-face and brutal.

Oh and as you write your reply, please find time for a band called Paradise Lost. They really rock, I'm really getting into them. Same goes for Vallenfyre, which is probably the heaviest new band I am getting into in.. a year perhaps?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next »