AJS19

AJS19's Profile Comments

Pertenozzo wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 4:37am

AJS19 wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 12:25am :
Awesome track dude. Great playing. My TT is probably going to find it's way to the selling block soon. It's not the same amp it used to be. My wants have changed so to speak.

Well, I just kinda asked about it, and told him my YouTube, MySpace, & Gig statistics or w/e and I did some PR for him and they liked what they saw I guess and endorses me now. Uh. Not free, but a small discount.

Stay classy,
-Austin

Thanks dude. Hopefully I'll be recording some more stuff.

Well that's really cool, I actually ordered some, so if I like them I'll start using 'em.

Pertenozzo wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 1:36am

Also....How did you become endorsed with brit picks?

That's awesome dude.

Do they give you free picks?

I'm ordering some to try them out!

Pertenozzo wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 1:31am

Hey man. I know. Long time no talk or write or whatever lol.

I recorded a song, "Waterfalls Of Millenia". I'm just telling you since you're a fellow Frusciante fan.

And yes! It was recorded on my TT! :D!!!

I play all the instruments XD

I started playing Bass and Drums this past August.

Let me know what you think dude.

MatrixClaw wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 11:57pm

I don't have the C30 anymore, but my guess would be probably Mids around 3 o'clock, Highs around 1 or 2, bass around 1, maybe higher. Gain pretty much all the way up.

bartdevil_metal wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 2:30pm

AJS19 wrote on Oct 10th, 2009 at 4:30pm :
How do you like it with an amp like the Rocker 30 that has no effects loop?

It's annoying if you're not reamping, no doubt. You can't use time based effects unless you reamp.

bartdevil_metal wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 1:54am

AJS19 wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 3:08pm :
How do you like the G-Sharp with the Rocker 30? Specifically the reverbs, choruses and delay's? I'm thinking of either this or a G-Major. ...(comment too long)

The reverbs are pretty good, but I can't say past that because I don't really use them, I prefer the two delay technique. The delays are awesome, I especially like tape echo and lo fi because i can mix them with my clean digital delay sound out of my DD-7. The Choruses are ok, but I think the lush one gets a bit cheesy 80's so I stick with the soft one when I use it. I don't use a midi controller, I use a footswitch which cycles through the presets consecutively. It's far from ideal but clever saving of the presets can get you through songs, and it's not as if it's going to run out of room, it has 99. I personally like the thing. What I like about it is that it's basically a G Major quality MFX with less options. The quality of the fx it does have are the same.

vinc3nt wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 4:34am

AJS19 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 at 2:24pm :
For sure man! We'd be more than happy to have you. Are you on the MLF?

Nah, havn't actually joined yet. Might get to it i spose!

vinc3nt wrote on Jul 27th, 2009 9:40am

Can i join Chappers' devotion group? I'm a big fan.

silly hats wrote on May 22nd, 2009 7:27am

G'day, tis Andrew from MLF

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 30th, 2009 1:05am

get the new tubes yet?

TNfootballfan62 wrote on Apr 21st, 2009 9:05pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 4:56pm :

You have a Reverberocket? There is one in my local GC for $400 that I want sooo bad. Kinda the reason i'm selling my C30 actually. Either that or a 52 RI Tele.

That sounds like a good deal. They're very nice amps.

Austin_Scharosc wrote on Apr 17th, 2009 4:24am

Omg wow is your name Austin and your initials AJS?

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 14th, 2009 2:48am

AJS19 wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm :

Alright. Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can have these soon. I will think about it quite a bit before I order. Did you get them from TubeDepot?

yup. tubedepot.com ftw!

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 8:28pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:43am :

Any suggestions for preamps that won't clean it up as much. Cause I love the shear gritty-ness of the Tiny Terror.

i wouldnt say the tubes that i put in clean up the grit....i felt they were more "fat" and lush compared to the pre-swap gain. if you dont want the extra clean headroom, and a tad bit more gain then stick with 12AX7's, although NOS 12AX7's are a shit-ton, unless you get a steal off of ebay.

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 2:10pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 12th, 2009 at 9:10pm :

Sweet. I might have to order them, even though $65 seems like a lot to me. Grandma gave me $75 for Easter anyways, and I have some $400 sitting in an account. What the hell, why not right?

the 5751/12AT7 should last a couple of years, and the EL84's at least a year and a half, unless you play everyday for a couple of hours and loud.

so yeah, why the hell not, right?

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 12th, 2009 11:25pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 12th, 2009 at 6:57am :

Speaking of those tubes, how do you like um, and would you recommend them? The stock tubes are all right, but what kind of improvements, (if any) did you see with those tubes. I don't know if I wanna spend the $65 for the 4 tubes though. I might go with cheaper pre-amps. I need to go post in the tube thread....

Cheers,
-Austin

i would highly, highly recommend those tubes, very worth it. they added a good bit of headroom, and very mids-warm. the bass was noticeably tighter/defined, and the highs just rolled off. i would say it is a great improvement on that below-par lacking cleans the TT is known for. Also, the gain is still there, and the added frequencies on the cleans are still kept during with the overdriven tones.

again, i would highly recommend the tubes, and i would imagine it would sound better through a 4x12 instead of the 1x12 combo.

Skierinanutshel wrote on Apr 12th, 2009 1:30am

AJS19 wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 5:20pm :

How do you like your Big Muff with the TT? I've been thinking of starting up a nice pedalboard again.

its a good pairing. if you keep the cleans to right-around-break up and kick in the muff, it sounds amazing. and i got to crank it up with my NOS mullard and NOS JAN 12AT7/5751, and it sounded warm, lush, and really harmonic.

Pertenozzo wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 10:42pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 4:17pm :

Shoulda went with a wheat grille cloth!!! Haha. Just playing. I've heard good things about that Line 6 Modeler. A few people on the Orange Forums use it live. I've been pedal free for about 6 months, trying to cut the habit, but tonight i'm gunna go play a shit-ton and maybe even come home with a few. Enjoy your half-stack. I sure know I am.

I really liked this pedal because it doesn't have a pre-amp, which is very important to me, since I've felt that all those other multi-effects processors make the tube amps very muddy and somehow I've felt it looses tone and character.

I wouldn't doubt about using the M13 live.

PS: I love the half-stack! I would like to get me a rockerverb 100 though ... XD

Pertenozzo wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 7:36pm

AJS19 wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 12:09pm :

It has been a fucking long time bro!
I listened to your Soul to Squeeze clip. It's sick. I need to go comment and rate 5 stars. Did you upload pics?, cause I need to see you damn cab! No problem, i've been busy and haven't really been on UG all that much.

Hahaha well, thanks dude.

I just uploaded pics of all my gear.

Just btw, I recently bought a Line 6 M13 StompBox Modeler. I was going to get separate pedals, but DAMN this thing is gorgeous. It really emulates around 75 pedals...Distortion, Delay, Reverb, etc...It is the SHIT! :D

Pertenozzo wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 1:14am

AJS19 wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 at 11:17am :

Lol. Did you get your cab yet?!?!

Duude it's been so fucking long!

I finally updloaded some shit if you wanna take a look. Sorry for the long ass time!

1 2 3 4 read next