Alright so what I learned from the book:
Basically all success stories are defined by the same thing - No matter what happens, you have to strive forward and you must remember to keep pursuing your goal. Obviously a whole book did not just say this so I will break down all the different aspects involved:
1) Never stop "three feet from gold." So they tell a story (I don't know if you read Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill but there are constant references to that book throughout this book, as a matter of fact the title Three Feet From Gold is a direct reference to Think and Grow Rich, which will be the next book I read) where this guy hits gold and believing he hit one of the biggest gold mines in history, he digs further but he gets past a small strip of gold and does not find any more. So he sells the land and the new guy read up on gold for a while and hired an engineer to examine it and the engineer said "it was a fault line of gold and if you dig to the side a little bit you will hit a jackpot." So the new guy did as he was told and after approximately three feet of digging, he hit gold.
So the whole thing is to never stop digging because you never know when you will hit gold. When life hits you hard and it always will, you just have to keep going because the gold is probably closer than you think.
2) Associate with winners. Association is half the battle for success. If you associate yourself with people who never think they can achieve anything, then you won't think you can achieve anything and the opposite is true too. Also associate with successful people in your field. If you tell an engineer that you will write a book he will say no way, but if you tell and english major you will write a book then he will give you good advice on how to accomplish your goals. So half the battle is association because then you will have confidence that you will achieve your goal and you will have expert advice.
3) There is an infinite amount of room at the top of the success latter. Anybody can be successful and you have to realize that before you start striving for it because it will give you the confidence to go forth with your goals. Everybody controls their own destiny and if you can believe that it is possible to become successful, then it is certainly possible.
4) Don't quit. When you quit, you are saying that you would rather know you are miserable than take a gamble for happiness. And that is absolutely ridiculous. You can never make a big decision at a low point in your life because with all the emotions controlling the decision 99% of the time, it will be wrong. So quitting should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be a choice or even a consideration. Well I guess this is actually exactly what #1 says just differently so this is officially #1b.
the real #4) Act as if you have already succeeded. This will basically give you the mindset that you are absolutely 100% sure that you will succeed. Acting like you have already done it will bring the goal off of its pedestal and make it seem alot more practical. So I will go into every appointment for CUTCO acting as if I already sold the Complete Kitchen to these guys. That way I will most likely sell Complete Kitchens and it will make the Homemaker seem like a little baby for people who don't cook at all. It is kind of cute, how little it is.
5) Spread the wealth. To truly become successful and to truly become a leader, you must be willing to help others succeed too. You have to be able to lend in open hand to help them truly turn into a successful person. This will make you better yourself as you will learn from their experiences as well but you will also become a true leader as many will look to you as a service to them. By the way, that is huge in this book. Successful people SERVE others. So you must be willing to serve in order to expect service from others.
I learned alot more from that book. This is basically the 5 main things I learned. Also writing this report actually made me realize how much more important these things truly are in life. "A dream is just a dream until it is written down." Now I am carrying a mini notebook on me to keep track of everything I learn in life. I am figuring out my goal in the next few weeks, chances are it will have something to do with running some music program for charity or something.