#1 synth

#1 synth's Profile Comments

rjaylaf wrote on Jan 31st, 2013 7:50am

Just lurking, but I must say your interests/ favorites section is sensational!

vintage x metal wrote on May 23rd, 2010 9:05am

happy birthdayyyy :) I'm off by some hours but I hope your path out of teenage years starts off well!

Hesh wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 5:55am

Hey. If I may, I'd like to offer a quick and easy suggestion to improve vocal delivery on your songs: when you end a word with "t" or "d", try to have a clear, sharp end to the "tuh" or "duh" sound. Right now, the sound of the syllable kind of drags a little bit.

I really like your songs. I hope I don't sound like a condescending dick right now.

kdownes wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 2:04pm

Hey Dylan, I was wondering if you'd be willing to let me do a cover of Crow King? just really love that song. I'd need chords and lyrics of course, cause i'm hopeless like that. Let me know if you're cool with it.

*Truly Ninja* wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 7:26am

:heart:

sup 2k10

DigUpHerBones wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 12:04pm

haha, yeah

well, unless you have something in a bad way too, but I thankfully don't know about that.

DigUpHerBones wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 8:25pm

you've got sumthin', m'dear

ninja monkey wrote on Dec 6th, 2009 5:10am

:heart:

Hesh wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 3:53am

Your songs remind me of the Mountain Goats. I've been trying to pin down the similarity for a long time, and I finally have it.

rushmore wrote on Oct 25th, 2009 9:27pm

thank you very much.
as are yours.

Laces Out Danny wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 1:27pm

thank you for the words on my piece. I owe you one crit man.

CbsGuitarist wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 7:36am

Wow alot of songs. how long have you been doing this ??

Hesh wrote on Aug 24th, 2009 3:50am

READ THE POST BELOW BEFORE YOU READ THIS.
Your keyboard is much more interesting. Especially on Secret Song and Sammi's. Still a lot of exploring to do there, if you're willing, but then again, there always is (a lot of exploring, I mean).
I had trouble finding coherence in your lyrics. This is undoubtedly because I almost always focus on the music in my first few listens to any song. I can say, from what I've read of you, that they are probably pretty potent stuff.
Your voice. I'm sure people have said everything and more about your voice, more than you ever wanted to hear. So I'll stay off of it, except to say I liked it much better when its soft (I forget what song that was but I liked it the best).
I'll continue listening, and hopefully I'll continue to leave absurdly long, pretentious, and ignorant reviews of your music. I must say I envy your ability to churn out songs. Each new song is a painful process for me and I end up throwing them all out anyways (literally all of them).

ending rant.

Hesh wrote on Aug 24th, 2009 3:50am

Alright man, I spent about 20 minutes listening to your songs, and I haven't even gotten close to finishing your catalogue here. I intend to over the week, but I thought I'd post my initial thoughts here. Let's see... I listened to
Sammi's House
Secret Song
Sparrow
Horses and Snakes
Forever and Always

I just can't handle more than that in one listening. It's very intense music for the most part. Very close up. The recording quality has something to do with this... the more raw something is (and this is pretty raw) the more it sort of invades me.
Biggest thing I noticed is that your songs tend to meander musically. This accommodates the lyrics at the cost of a feeling of tightness and coherence. Your strum patterns on guitar are pretty repetitive, and I picked up the feeling you are relatively new to the instrument (?). That's okay, though. You used some nice chord voicings, and didn't make any of the songs sound out and out ugly.
I'll post the rest of this in my second post, it was too long (lol)

DigUpHerBones wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 3:26pm

everywhere but here.

just posted in the community thread, actually. told myself I wouldn't log in this holiday but I have connection for a while so thought I might as well.

you're not getting any pieces though :P

DigUpHerBones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 2:04pm

Hehe, thank you. And yes, we should! I'll just wander over to the U.S...

I plan on doing a proper recording of it at some point so that I don't bugger up the piano and the voice stands out; my only problem is that my piano is downstairs and my computer (with Mixcraft) is upstairs. I literally played it out once without thinking and then went and got the mic, so it was hardly a great way of recording it :) Think I'll practice piano for a while, I didn't play for about three years before that.

kdownes wrote on Jun 9th, 2009 10:45am

you got an msn dylan?

Hesh wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 4:44pm

#1 synth wrote on May 3rd, 2009 at 9:35pm :

you have a very nice natural voice. take some lessons or find some singing drills online to hone it while you're young.

Thank you!

ZanasCross wrote on May 17th, 2009 6:38am

Give me thoughts on this: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1126560

and I love you forever. I even return thoughts if you give me linky. I'm proud of this one

ZanasCross wrote on May 11th, 2009 8:31pm

#1 synth wrote on May 11th, 2009 at 1:55pm :

yur freeeeepost post rocked.

Lol, I got Dylan Approval.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next